Huntington

Smh

What's going on up there?? 

I think it is a combination of a lot of things.

The community still thinks they are a basketball power house school.( Hell!! They have not been a basketball school for 40 yrs)

They have talent and the kids and the coaching staff work their tails off and deserve better. 

Some of the football parents wanted a booster club for the football team and that was shot down by the AD almost immediatly.

I honestly think the community and the higher up that are employed by HISD want the football program to die.

I think it is a combination of a lot of things.

The community still thinks they are a basketball power house school.( Hell!! They have not been a basketball school for 40 yrs)

They have talent and the kids and the coaching staff work their tails off and deserve better. 

Some of the football parents wanted a booster club for the football team and that was shot down by the AD almost immediatly.

I honestly think the community and the higher up that are employed by HISD want the football program to die.

Basketball power? Smh. They wanna be like Hudson so bad. 

There is no question that some want the football team gone. What an absolute shame that Coach Soderquist will not get to finish things out with the upcoming senior class. This is absolutely not fair to the seniors.

It must have been something big for him not to return. Hometown guy, great bunch of kids and I thought he had a good shot at having a great season next year. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do next

He is joining the Lufkin coaching staff.

I don't know wats going on up there if things don't get better : I got grandson starting kindergardin next year he going to be a hoss I'm gaining to do everything in my power toget him moved my two sons went to jasper & both got full rides

I don't know wats going on up there if things don't get better : I got grandson starting kindergardin next year he going to be a hoss I'm gaining to do everything in my power toget him moved my two sons went to jasper & both got full rides

So you have a 4 year old grandson that you can already tell is going to be a "hoss".  Man, there are some colleges that would love to have you on their recruiting staff.  :)

So you have a 4 year old grandson that you can already tell is going to be a "hoss". Man, there are some colleges that would love to have you on their recruiting staff. :)

+1! Let me tell you those recruiters are always at the Pop Warner games scouting out kids to try and get an early commitment! Ha!

No they are not at Pop Warner games, But college level coaches do recruit Gene pools Like High School coaches hunt Jobs in towns with lots of athletes. Gene pools in smaller communities are where you see the better coaches and communities where the pool is shallow is what they try to avoid. Tenaha , Corrigan, Newton, Celina, Hugh Springs just to name a few have the upper end of the Gene pool.