3. Hutto
4. Angleton
5. Stratford
6. Elgin
7. CE King
8. Brenham
9. Dayton
10. Fort Bend Marshall

There's no Chad President at Temple anymore. There's no Remus Bulmer and Cameron Townsend at Ridge Point. There's no Johnathan Giles at Elkins. Manor and Texas City will also be good but not sure they'll have the firepower to compete on a consistent basis. This is probably the most wide-open the region has been in a long time. The Crosby vs Angleton matchup to open the renovated stadium will be huge week 2.

No order, i just threw 10 teams out there. Ridge Point will be good again. They have some underclassmen coming up that are salty.Temple did lose QB, but they will reload. They lost 26 seniors and carry like 74 on varsity. They may not be as good as last year, but will make some noise.speaking of Ridge Point, watchout for BJ Rainford At rb.The thing about Ridge Point is they have large participation for football. 2 freshmen, 2 JV, and varsity. Alot of kids. George Ranch is another Summer Creek. This will be their last year in 5a unless Lamar Consolidated isd opens another high school next year.

IMO Crosby would not have made it out of the second round of 5A D1 last year or in 2015!

Would be a lot easier this year but in regards to last year RidgePoint and Gearge Ranch would have actually been good matchup a for Crosby. GR and RP are run heavy teams that get the majority of their upwards between the tackles. Crosby actually beat Angleton by a point more than GR did in their matchup last year and we never got to play Marshall, who RP only beat 13-0, because they were beat down by PLC who Crosby crushed by 20+ in the area round. There's two schools smaller than Crosby in a 9 team district, at the end of the day Crosby doesn't have that big D1 enrollment like the other suburban schools do so we're playing right where we should be.

Will be interesting to see how George Ranch reloads, they have one of the best running backs coming back this year (Darius Anderson).  The QB for this year (last year's back up) has a very good arm and is much more accurate than last years QB, but doesn't have the running ability.  If GR opens up the passing game, it could be VERY tough for defenses to stop Darius.  GR has a very good pre-district schedule (except for Nuevo Laredo).  Trip to PA Memorial at the beginning of the season!!!  Mr. Toups has a "road trip" back to the mother land.

Oh yeah....  Next football season the "Friday Night LIghts" page will be BACK!!!!   with my "Fearless Predictions".  Just got moved into my new house over CHRIST-mas and got my website moved to another service.  I will probably do weekly predictions for PN-G, Dayton, and George Ranch then pick one or two districts in Region III to predict with a Region III game of the week.  Couldn't be happier at my new home.  Going to give away the second winner of an "Always Believe" scholarship on May 26.  I am like the "twitter guy" for GRHS now and the Booster Club refers to me as the "Jedi of Believe".  Got to watch GRHS play Dayton in softball, WHAT A GREAT GAME!  Seeing my former student's excel was AWE-some.  Presley Bell (had an AWE-some 7th grade math teacher) played lights out!!!  So great after the game when I went to the Dayton side to see all the smiles.  Not burning bridges and leaving after 20 years in Dayton is nice.  Still have amazing friends in Liberty County.

Can't wait till Friday Night LIghts 2015, ps....  GRHS tangles with Crosby this week in baseball playoffs.

Will be interesting to see how George Ranch reloads, they have one of the best running backs coming back this year (Darius Anderson). The QB for this year (last year's back up) has a very good arm and is much more accurate than last years QB, but doesn't have the running ability. If GR opens up the passing game, it could be VERY tough for defenses to stop Darius. GR has a very good pre-district schedule (except for Nuevo Laredo). Trip to PA Memorial at the beginning of the season!!! Mr. Toups has a "road trip" back to the mother land.

Oh yeah.... Next football season the "Friday Night LIghts" page will be BACK!!!! with my "Fearless Predictions". Just got moved into my new house over CHRIST-mas and got my website moved to another service. I will probably do weekly predictions for PN-G, Dayton, and George Ranch then pick one or two districts in Region III to predict with a Region III game of the week. Couldn't be happier at my new home. Going to give away the second winner of an "Always Believe" scholarship on May 26. I am like the "twitter guy" for GRHS now and the Booster Club refers to me as the "Jedi of Believe". Got to watch GRHS play Dayton in softball, WHAT A GREAT GAME! Seeing my former student's excel was AWE-some. Presley Bell (had an AWE-some 7th grade math teacher) played lights out!!! So great after the game when I went to the Dayton side to see all the smiles. Not burning bridges and leaving after 20 years in Dayton is nice. Still have amazing friends in Liberty County.

Can't wait till Friday Night LIghts 2015, ps.... GRHS tangles with Crosby this week in baseball playoffs.

Looking forward to those predictions toups! Good to see you back!

Ridge point is not a one or two player program. They are on their way to being 6a and will be taking the same track as manvel just took. Ridge point will be a force until they outgrow 5a.

I don't believe Ridge Point is a one or two player team either. Ridge Point along with most of the other Fort Bend except GR are star-driven teams though. FB Marshall was a monster and still have great talent but after JW Ketchum left their team was pretty average last year, even though they still had guys like Devin Crookshank and Jeremy Smith. They just couldn't score anymore. Same will happen with FB Elkins now that Giles is gone.

Ridge Point is the same way as the other two. RP, a lot like Foster is great at stopping you but they aren't very creative on offense and once you stop their power run game you've greatly limited them. RP had a back named Remus Bulmer that transferred in from Dulles last year I believe. The kid had 324 carries last year, 324! He only had 15 tds though and averaged less than 6ypc though. Bulmer made them go, the year prior when they didn't have him RP scored 0 and 3 points in two of their losses for a team with that much talent.

George Ranch is a monster, but anybody who really payed attention to them knows Xavian Marks made that team go even though Darius Anderson is the 4-star back. I think it was the third round of the playoffs when Marks had like 5 carries for over 200 yards. Picture Austin Walter with 4.3 speed, kid may have been the fastest player in Houston last year. GR will be good again but expect them to take a huge step back to the pack with the loss of Marks, Nolan and

Summed up I'm basically saying that if you can play a little D in the front 7 you can play with any of those team from Fort Bend County, a lot like Ned beat Dawson when they were totally outmanned except for Washington.

Well many didn't think we would make the playoffs, so that happened.

Yeah, the whole offseason was about losing over 6k yards of offense and how we would be lucky to make the playoffs. Now this offseason we're being picked as one of the D2 favorites. Funny how a year( or coach) changes things, lol.

Would be a lot easier this year but in regards to last year RidgePoint and Gearge Ranch would have actually been good matchup a for Crosby. GR and RP are run heavy teams that get the majority of their upwards between the tackles. Crosby actually beat Angleton by a point more than GR did in their matchup last year and we never got to play Marshall, who RP only beat 13-0, because they were beat down by PLC who Crosby crushed by 20+ in the area round. There's two schools smaller than Crosby in a 9 team district, at the end of the day Crosby doesn't have that big D1 enrollment like the other suburban schools do so we're playing right where we should be.

Texas city has the fire power let's see what this coach is all about mostly everyone is coming back missing some key guys but from what I have seen this team is young and talented not saying they are one of the best team in the region but don't be shocked if they make some noise this year but its all on the coaching

Texas city has the fire power let's see what this coach is all about mostly everyone is coming back missing some key guys but from what I have seen this team is young and talented not saying they are one of the best team in the region but don't be shocked if they make some noise this year but its all on the coaching

I liked TC last year too with Hinton leading the defense before the season started too. They just couldn't stop anybody though. I think TC, Elkins, and Bush will be competing for the last two spots in district 23.

I liked TC last year too with Hinton leading the defense before the season started too. They just couldn't stop anybody though. I think TC, Elkins, and Bush will be competing for the last two spots in district 23.

if tc coaching staff get them guys right I can see tc getting the being in the middle of the pack they have a lot talent on this team but just a young group I think they have only 10 seniors on this team this year that came from jv most of the team is fees,soph,and juniors that had a lot of pt last year

Nope.

Ridge Point is nothing like Marshall or Elkins.

Ridge Point is more like Manvel.

Elkins is in a neighborhood that has been fully developed for the most part with only slight changes.

Marshall is not in an up and coming neighborhood that is likely to continue to build numbers.  

Ridge Point is in a master planned community that has a lot of structure.  Lots of new families moving in.  Only going to get more and more kids in there.  They did not even exist six years ago.

Ridge Point will be better this year than they were last.

Book it.

Nope.
Ridge Point is nothing like Marshall or Elkins.
Ridge Point is more like Manvel.
Elkins is in a neighborhood that has been fully developed for the most part with only slight changes.
Marshall is not in an up and coming neighborhood that is likely to continue to build numbers.  

Ridge Point is in a master planned community that has a lot of structure.  Lots of new families moving in.  Only going to get more and more kids in there.  They did not even exist six years ago.
Ridge Point will be better this year than they were last.
Book it.

When I said "like" them I meant how they had limited offenses. Not how the communities were set up. If you can stop the run, you can beat any of those teams over there. All RP could muster was 13 points on Marshall, PLC rushed for about 500 yards on Marshall and dropped 30 straight on them at one point. RP lost their two best offensive players and their three best defensive players who all went major FBS. They'll be good because they have good players but they'll be nowhere near the team that probably had the best 5A defense in the state like they did last year.

The year before that they gave Texas City all they could handle with no Remus Bulmer.  That was before Bulmer transferred in.

Ridge Point may lack creativity on offense, but they are going to be a threat to win the region until another high school is built out there.

The reason why I compare them to these other teams, is because in people's heads the reason why these other teams were so good are the players that have graduated, but in reality they have four more kids coming just like those two.

The year before that they gave Texas City all they could handle with no Remus Bulmer. That was before Bulmer transferred in.
Ridge Point may lack creativity on offense, but they are going to be a threat to win the region until another high school is built out there.
The reason why I compare them to these other teams, is because in people's heads the reason why these other teams were so good are the players that have graduated, but in reality they have four more kids coming just like those two.

umm the yr before tc beat ridge point 28-0 first half of the game tc was playing real sloppy then 2nd half tc was to much for rp but I will say rp is up and coming

umm the yr before tc beat ridge point 28-0 first half of the game tc was playing real sloppy then 2nd half tc was to much for rp but I will say rp is up and coming

I found the game. It highlights exactly what I've been saying. Ridge Point was held to only 117 total yards and was shutout. Still had the same defenders, just no Bulmer. RP is a beast and will continue to be until they move up but they'll be a lot more like the 9-3 '13 squad vs the one that had one of the best defenses in recent history around here.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=195362&TeamID=17743&SearchType=Teams

Texas City was really good that year.  They held a lot of teams down.  Pearland Dawson only gained 200 yards against TC too, and they(Dawson) went four rounds deep in the playoffs before losing to Stratford in the regional finals.

I was at the game.  Ridge Point gave them all they could handle.  It was tied at 0-0 at halftime, so not sure what the other poster is talking about it was 28-0 at the half.  TC scored on defense very late in the third.  

Again, Ridge Point is not going to be the most imaginative offense out there, but really, who is in Region 3?

If you are a Crosby fan, as your name would suggest, Crosby is not very imaginative either.

They are all pretty meat and potatoes around here.

I'm just trying to help you understand the dynamics in Fort Bend.

I just wouldn't put RP in there with Elkins and Marshall.  Marshall is more like Houston Madison if anything.  One good player and they can do something.  Take that player away and nada.  Marshall is also much, much closer to Houston Madison geographically speaking.  They are about 5 miles from each other, where Ridge Point is 15 miles away on the complete other side of the county.

Ridge Point is the new Hightower.  A lot of those kids that were going to Hightower, split and went to Ridge Point.  This is why Hightower has not been quite as good as their two time state championship game appearance days.

Between Dawson, Manvel, Hightower and Ridge Point though, you have the most talented 8 mile radius in the entire state.

I think you are underselling Elkins a bit as well.  They have changed the boundaries over there a bit, and the demographic has changed somewhat.  I don't think Elkins is a one year wonder.