Region 3 5A top 10

Texas City was really good that year.  They held a lot of teams down.  Pearland Dawson only gained 200 yards against TC too, and they(Dawson) went four rounds deep in the playoffs before losing to Stratford in the regional finals.

I was at the game.  Ridge Point gave them all they could handle.  It was tied at 0-0 at halftime, so not sure what the other poster is talking about it was 28-0 at the half.  TC scored on defense very late in the third.  

Again, Ridge Point is not going to be the most imaginative offense out there, but really, who is in Region 3?
If you are a Crosby fan, as your name would suggest, Crosby is not very imaginative either.
They are all pretty meat and potatoes around here.

I'm just trying to help you understand the dynamics in Fort Bend.

I just wouldn't put RP in there with Elkins and Marshall.  Marshall is more like Houston Madison if anything.  One good player and they can do something.  Take that player away and nada.  Marshall is also much, much closer to Houston Madison geographically speaking.  They are about 5 miles from each other, where Ridge Point is 15 miles away on the complete other side of the county.

Ridge Point is the new Hightower.  A lot of those kids that were going to Hightower, split and went to Ridge Point.  This is why Hightower has not been quite as good as their two time state championship game appearance days.
Between Dawson, Manvel, Hightower and Ridge Point though, you have the most talented 8 mile radius in the entire state.

I think you are underselling Elkins a bit as well.  They have changed the boundaries over there a bit, and the demographic has changed somewhat.  I don't think Elkins is a one year wonder.

If you've read anything I've said the past couple of years I always rave about the talent in Fort Bend County, more than once calling it the highest concentration of talent in the state. That's not including the Brazoria schools you named. I don't think any of those teams are one year wonders either, last year's group of seniors from there was extremely special though.

As far as Crosby's offense, that's kind of what we do. Put up over 6k yards in 12 games a couple of years ago. Last two qbs have gone to TCU and Rice, not to mention our back ran for 800 more yards than Bulmer on 100 less carries. Pretty creative if you ask me, we usually have defensive issues which is where RP excels.

Texas City was really good that year. They held a lot of teams down. Pearland Dawson only gained 200 yards against TC too, and they(Dawson) went four rounds deep in the playoffs before losing to Stratford in the regional finals.

I was at the game. Ridge Point gave them all they could handle. It was tied at 0-0 at halftime, so not sure what the other poster is talking about it was 28-0 at the half. TC scored on defense very late in the third.

Again, Ridge Point is not going to be the most imaginative offense out there, but really, who is in Region 3?
If you are a Crosby fan, as your name would suggest, Crosby is not very imaginative either.
They are all pretty meat and potatoes around here.

I'm just trying to help you understand the dynamics in Fort Bend.

I just wouldn't put RP in there with Elkins and Marshall. Marshall is more like Houston Madison if anything. One good player and they can do something. Take that player away and nada. Marshall is also much, much closer to Houston Madison geographically speaking. They are about 5 miles from each other, where Ridge Point is 15 miles away on the complete other side of the county.

Ridge Point is the new Hightower. A lot of those kids that were going to Hightower, split and went to Ridge Point. This is why Hightower has not been quite as good as their two time state championship game appearance days.
Between Dawson, Manvel, Hightower and Ridge Point though, you have the most talented 8 mile radius in the entire state.

I think you are underselling Elkins a bit as well. They have changed the boundaries over there a bit, and the demographic has changed somewhat. I don't think Elkins is a one year wonder.

my mistake I meant in the 28-0 in the 2nd half and most of that game rp D played OK til the 2nd half when tc adjusted with forcing that one turnover to open up that ball game but like I said before rp is up and coming it might take a few yrs for to reach a high level that community is growing

My updated top 10 after some Spring research:

1. Crosby - call me crazy, but I think Crosby has a little more talent than GR on the roster this year. Crosby also has a much easier schedule and is less likely to lose which would help our ranking.

2. George Ranch - Tougher schedule than Crosby and no Xavian Marks to help defenses not to key on Darius Anderson. We'll find out a lot about GR during non-district when they play Dawson, Friendswood and PAM.

3. Hutto - Tyler Herrick will be back under center for the Hippos. He has 0 offers to date but threw for over 3k yards and 39 tds while rushing for 899 and 13 more scores. He also gets back his top receiver who had 1149 yards. Expect Hutto to be right around the 6k team yards they had last year. Herrick's film is ridiculous.

4. Angleton - Big, powerful, and very fast. Seems like a plug-n-play system with athletes to burn. We'll know week 2 if they're too low on the list.

5. Stratford - Rakeem Boyd is my second favorite back in H-town this year and already has nearly 4k career rushing yards. If Stratford can get the defense right they're my pick to win the region in D1. I would describe them as a 5A version of last year's Cy-Ranch team.

6. CE King - Much like Stratford, King also posses a 20+ offer back in Tray Williams. It'll still be the Brantley and Williams show but King lost a LOT of their supporting cast to transfers and graduation last year. I think they'll still score a bunch of points but I don't think they'll be able to stop people as well as they did in district play last year.

7. Foster - If Foster can just get average qb play and a healthy Quan Williams they could end up being a state title contender. They're one of the deepest teams in the region coming into the season but I put them this low because other than Williams I just don't know how they're going to score against good teams this year.

8. Bryan - I put them here for no other reasons than they're returning their qb in BJ Ross and I don't have any faith in the strength of their district which means they'll probably have another 10 win season. I like the Vikings but I think they'll be hard pressed to restock the firepower from last year.

9. Brenham - Other than a non-district loss to Lamar and another possible loss to Stratford in district play, I think they'll once again be in the 2nd or 3rd round of the d2 playoffs before they're really tested by a team their size.

10. Dayton - I'm putting the Broncos in here over Ridge Point and PLC on biased alone. I still consider Dayton soft and clueless on how to run the ball or stop it but for the second consecutive year they lost by a point in the area round. If they could limit the turnovers and stop the run some, I think they could very well get three deep and they're certain to go d2.

Disclaimer: I really like PLC more than Dayton at this point but l'm allowing myself one biased pick.
I want a regional final game between the two at Stallworth, the stadium deserves it.

• 4 weeks later...

According to DC's the rankings would fall like this at the top:

1. Temple(4)

2. Crosby(5)

3. George Ranch(6)

4. Stratford(10)

I would think Hutto, Angleton, King and Foster would be #'s 5, 6, 7, and 8 in that order. Looks like they're predicting Crosby and GR to win the region in D1 and D2.

According to DC's the rankings would fall like this at the top:

1. Temple(4)

2. Crosby(5)

3. George Ranch(6)

4. Stratford(10)

I would think Hutto, Angleton, King and Foster would be #'s 5, 6, 7, and 8 in that order. Looks like they're predicting Crosby and GR to win the region in D1 and D2.

According to another site that posted DC's top 40 for 5A. After those 4, next is #14 Ridge Point. Then it is Brenham at 16, Elkins at 21, Foster at 25, CE King at 26, ​College Station at 37, and Bryan at 38.

According to another site that posted DC's top 40 for 5A. After those 4, next is #14 Ridge Point. Then it is Brenham at 16, Elkins at 21, Foster at 25, CE King at 26, ​College Station at 37, and Bryan at 38.

​Wow, I can understand Ridge Point at #14 but Brenham at #16 after what they lost? King has Brantley and Williams coming back and might not get held under 50 until they play Dayton or maybe even later. Hutto is getting a major slight, I think they're going to win Temple's district after being runner-up to them last year. They probably have the best qb nobody knows about in Tyler Herrick. IMO if you're going to put Foster there you have to put their district mate, Angleton, right there with them. They're basically the same teams.

I'm assuming Dayton was outside the top 40?

Edited by coog02

I agree that Hutto is getting looked over in a big way. CK with Brantley and Williams might have the best rb qb combo in the region. I'm not going to freak about dayton not being top 40 if that's the case. All I can say is everything will pan out when the season starts and with what dayton has returning and the kids they picked up don't be suprised to see Dayton vs Crosby for the region.

I agree that Hutto is getting looked over in a big way. CK with Brantley and Williams might have the best rb qb combo in the region. I'm not going to freak about dayton not being top 40 if that's the case. All I can say is everything will pan out when the season starts and with what dayton has returning and the kids they picked up don't be suprised to see Dayton vs Crosby for the region.

​better have a legit qb in Dayton 

It will be a interesting year for a few teams=(2 gone) @ Ft Bend Ridge Point former DC(Kowalewski)now HC @Aldine & a Ridge Pt assist Lefavers now HC@Rosenburg Lamar***Geo Ranch DC now HC@Hardin-Jefferson,other news Cameron Yoe O/C new HC@Bay City,El Campo's longtime HC Bob Gillis retires & Pearland Dawson former D/C now HC@Clear Brook

Edited by liltex
add coach name

It will be a interesting year for a few teams=(2 gone) @ Ft Bend Ridge Point former DC(Kowalewski)now HC @Aldine & a Ridge Pt assist Lefavers now HC@Rosenburg Lamar***Geo Ranch DC now HC@Hardin-Jefferson,other news Cameron Yoe O/C new HC@Bay City,El Campo's longtime HC Bob Gillis retires & Pearland Dawson former D/C now HC@Clear Brook

​EC still has that mammoth at RB right? 

• 4 months later...

Bump for ridge point not having bulmer or Townsend comment.

Why, do you think this squad is even remotely close to that squad last year with Bulmer and Townsend? 

Thimk about it? They went to OT and won by a field goal against 3-7 Williowridge. They let a sub-par TC offense score 38 on them last week and needed a score in the last minute of the game to beat a 7-3 PLC squad in the first round. They're nowhere close to the team that got to 12-0 strictly on defense last year. 

Don't be surprised if Crosby beats Ridge Point by 20. The Elkins team that beat them in district play just lost 31-7 to Foster and the 10-0 Hightower team that beat them just lost to a 6-4 Friendswood squad. 

Winner of the Crosby vs Ridge Point game = semifinalist Easily top two teams in division II squaring off in round 2.  Ridge Point will be the best team Crosby has played this year.  Gonna be a great game.
In Division I, the top part of the bracket is loaded.  Temple vs Stratford will be a dandy.  Foster should take care of CE King.  GRHS will be favored the next two weeks and "should" square off with the survivor of the top part of the bracket.

Winner of the Crosby vs Ridge Point game = semifinalist Easily top two teams in division II squaring off in round 2.  Ridge Point will be the best team Crosby has played this year.  Gonna be a great game.
In Division I, the top part of the bracket is loaded.  Temple vs Stratford will be a dandy.  Foster should take care of CE King.  GRHS will be favored the next two weeks and "should" square off with the survivor of the top part of the bracket.

After Trinity last night, no one is guaranteed on making it to any round this year (except Aledo).