Evadale 5 Hull-Daisetta 4/Final

Evadale has always been a quality baseball team it seems. HD is still learning the true meaning of how to play baseball. HD only started baseball in 97, for the first time HD actually hired a true baseball Coach this year. Coach Mac is doing a great job and building a good culture. HD will have a good shot to make the playoffs as the 3rd team, possibly 2nd place, if they win the rematch with Evadale. Unfortunately Evadale will get hammered by Big Sandy, just like everyone else. Big Sandy just may be the best baseball team in SETX. Been a while since I have seen a more well rounded team. BS has some of the best bats I have seen. The BS ace pitcher's brother pitched at Texas A@M, heard he is getting D-1 looks as well. Big Sandy may just win State.

It will be state before we could meet up with WS. I know it was early, but I do recall we beat WS in Evadale tourney. I doubt a slaughter would take place.

It was a close game, from what I recall. It would indeed be the state tournament before WS and BS would hook up again. WS is in region 3 and BS is in region 4. Region 3 is loaded once again, though. Whosoever gets out of region 3 will be hard to handle.....

Big Sandy is going to be tough to beat,They have a complete team with no weak links.I have not seen West sabine play, so I can't say how good they are or aren't. But any team that plays Big sandy will have there hands full.

I agree with you on the fact that Big Sandy will be tough to beat. From what I have heard they are a fairly complete team with good pitching. WS has at least 6 kids that can pitch, with little drop off in the quality of stuff. Garrett Brown is the senior ace of the staff and is an absolute bulldog on the hill, but stuff wise sophomore DeMarie Smith is flat out nasty with a big fastball and two wipeout breaking pitches he can throw at any time in the count. 1-9 can all flat out rake and defensively WS doesn't beat themselves. Region 3 should be very interesting this year, seeing how stacked it is once again.....

Big Sandy has grown in baseball over the past few years. It won't surprise me if they make it a couple of rounds in the playoffs let alone might make state. I haven't seen BS play yet but you know they are good if they're blowing out everyone in district by 15+ even if the other teams are not that good.

Evadale has always been a quality baseball team it seems. HD is still learning the true meaning of how to play baseball. HD only started baseball in 97, for the first time HD actually hired a true baseball Coach this year. Coach Mac is doing a great job and building a good culture. HD will have a good shot to make the playoffs as the 3rd team, possibly 2nd place, if they win the rematch with Evadale. Unfortunately Evadale will get hammered by Big Sandy, just like everyone else. Big Sandy just may be the best baseball team in SETX. Been a while since I have seen a more well rounded team. BS has some of the best bats I have seen. The BS ace pitcher's brother pitched at Texas A@M, heard he is getting D-1 looks as well. Big Sandy may just win State.

I am truly happy H-D has improved, and look for them to continue doing so.  BS always has a quality team, and they are going to be a tough game for anyone on their schedule.  I guess anything is possible, but I don't look for a blowout.  It is always a tough, hard fought game.  Both teams know exactly what the other has and there is a lot of respect between them.  I believe as a fan, you really want parity in the district.  It does no good for you to schedule a tough pre-district schedule, then only have 1 or 2 tough games throughout district.  Really looking forward to Thursday, and already looking forward to the rematch with H/D.  I do know region 4 has about 4 teams in the top 10, and probably 8 out of the top 25.  Region 3 is loaded, as always with the past 2 state champions.  Time needs to slow down a little though, my boy is a sophomore and this season is flying.  I want to enjoy every minute, and every game.