Junior High Talent..Football/Basketball

Guest Bridge City Card

• 4 weeks later...

I know that is for sure.....That group coming up is going to be awesome!!!!!

Hey, Rhino 1877

The boys have went into their little dribblers season and are doing prettttty good. They have had a practice game with a Beaumont team and a Hardin-Jefferson(Twin County) team so far.  They have came out on top so far.  Next week will be Bridge City and Hampshire-Fannett. Hope to keep up the winning streak, but if not these boys are getting good competition, and are having fun!!!!

I'm curious to see our Hamshire-Fannett All-Stars boys (Little Dribbler Seniors?) against other teams. It can be difficult to gauge your players when they play against their classmates in league play.

On another note, this is my first year letting my boys participate in Little Dribblers. They have participated in other competitive basketball leagues. One writer on this forum mentioned "fun" and so far the league play was fun. But it gets kind of cut-throat as soon as the all-star selection starts. Parents, coaches and players all experience hurt or joy depending on if your child is selected.

Now that it's all-star teams,  I sense there is more seriousness about winning now because the teams are more competitve and are now preparing for regionals and nationals. I see a few kids in the junior division whining because they are not playing enough. I was curious if others have similar experiences?

Hey cm123, what Little Dribblers team & age group are you with?

The boys have went into their little dribblers season and are doing prettttty good. They have had a practice game with a Beaumont team and a Hardin-Jefferson(Twin County) team so far.  They have came out on top so far.  Next week will be Bridge City and Hampshire-Fannett. Hope to keep up the winning streak, but if not these boys are getting good competition, and are having fun!!!!

Update.  Another good game for the Spurger Senior Boys.  A career high for our point guard with 26 points.  Everyone had alot of playing time and played a good game.  We appreciate H-F for coming to our place for the game.  Tomorrow night we go to Beaumont Marshall Middle School. 

Wow! Why did I have the feeling it would turn out this way? But 26 points? Why didn't you guys take him out after the 1st quarter and show us some mercy ;)

I've seen the H-F senior boys and they need a lot of work. Hopefully the loss will help the guys work on their weaknesses

Sorry, he just came out on fire and it was hard to deny him playing time for this reason.  We are so proud of our entire team.  8 came straight from JR.high ball, one 6th grader, and one 7th grader that has never played.  We have 2 out sick at the present time.  Our starting 5, which was also the starting 5 for our JR. high team are the only ones returning to the Regional Tournament from last years Senior L.D. team.  Hope we can get everyone well and ready for next weeks Regional Tournament in Evadale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33