Kountze @ LC-M DH

3rd to 1st move is legal in HS baseball.   Not sure what rule book they were referring to.    If the umpire allows a coach to show him a rule in the rule book then he has no right to eject/restrict the coach.   Now if a coach pulls a rulebook out when questioning a call then he will be restricted for sure.......ejected could happen as well.   Bottom line....as an umpire I know the rule and I will tell the coach that.  No need to pull out the rule book.  If he cannot accept my confidence in knowing the rules then he might have issues.

The fact that the umpires called someone to find out the rule show lack of knowledge of the rules on their part.  

I just said it showed their lack of knowledge of the rules.   Game management and control is directly related to knowledge of the rules.  Sure.... having a good zone and being in the proper position is very important as an umpire.....but if your knowledge of the rules is "SPOT ON" then you can go about your job with a great level of confidence.   

3rd to 1st move is legal in HS baseball.   Not sure what rule book they were referring to.    If the umpire allows a coach to show him a rule in the rule book then he has no right to eject/restrict the coach.   Now if a coach pulls a rulebook out when questioning a call then he will be restricted for sure.......ejected could happen as well.   Bottom line....as an umpire I know the rule and I will tell the coach that.  No need to pull out the rule book.  If he cannot accept my confidence in knowing the rules then he might have issues.

The fact that the umpires called someone to find out the rule show lack of knowledge of the rules on their part.  I see what kind of ump you are LOL as many games I've been in and watched I seriously would question a LOT of them on their 'knowledge of the rules', if I was a high school coach and you disrespected my knowledge of the rules BY questioning yours you would be before the board and UIL and I'm not speaking of a judgement call AND scratched from then on..

First of all it is a judgment call.   Now if the pitcher never gained ground towards third before he pivots to 1st then I would have to call a balk.  Pitcher must gain ground towards third before attempting the pick-off at 1st.  Totally a judgment call .

First of all it is a judgment call. Now if the pitcher never gained ground towards third before he pivots to 1st then I would have to call a balk. Pitcher must gain ground towards third before attempting the pick-off at 1st. Totally a judgment call .

It was obvious he didn't he didn't gain ground. all he did was a pump fake but it's in the past lol moving on

The fact that the umpires called someone to find out the rule show lack of knowledge of the rules on their part.  

Evidently you overlooked my response to your post with it all included in your quote so here it is again.>>I see what kind of ump you are LOL as many games I've been in and watched I seriously would question a LOT of them on their 'knowledge of the rules', if I was a high school coach and you disrespected my knowledge of the rules BY questioning yours you would be before the board and UIL and I'm not speaking of a judgement call AND >>>scratched from then on<<<..Also I'm betting your one that would NOT ask for help on a call IF asked to by a coach EVEN tho you were OUT OF POSISTION to make it.....