12 yr prediction about Warren Warrior Basketball

Dove may take offense to!!!!!!  lol

one of them is. 

Lets just say they are abnormally tall for their age now and given the genetic makeup(athleticism and height") of parents along with grandparents and great grandparents, pretty much all blood lines. 

Nothing like having a 6' pg and a 6'3" post player on the small school level. 

The key is them staying interested.  and like I said in opening post...."if have anything to do with it...".

Now this is what I hate about small schools.  And the reason it would be a nightmare to coach at a small school.  Some parent or group of parents think their kids are the next phenoms because they dominate some little dribbler competition...or whatever they do.  Now whoever gets to coach that group will never live up the expectations of the community.  So they'll be shunned...or replaced.  When in reality..

Lets say you make a 5 year prediction.  Do know how much happens in that short amount of time?  They may stop improving...other teams may improve at a faster rate...other teams may get moveins...they may lose kids..plus the most important..

When they get to high school, they are not competing against kids their own grade level.  When there is a good group of 5th graders...it's easy to make other 5th graders look bad.  But in high school...they're playing against 4 different grades of kids.  

This post is absolutely stupid.

Now this is what I hate about small schools.  And the reason it would be a nightmare to coach at a small school.  Some parent or group of parents think their kids are the next phenoms because they dominate some little dribbler competition...or whatever they do.  Now whoever gets to coach that group will never live up the expectations of the community.  So they'll be shunned...or replaced.  When in reality..

Lets say you make a 5 year prediction.  Do know how much happens in that short amount of time?  They may stop improving...other teams may improve at a faster rate...other teams may get moveins...they may lose kids..plus the most important..

When they get to high school, they are not competing against kids their own grade level.  When there is a good group of 5th graders...it's easy to make other 5th graders look bad.  But in high school...they're playing against 4 different grades of kids.  

Have to agree with this post. Almost impossible to determine how kids will do in high school no matter how good they are in youth sports. Too many variables involved as mentioned in the above post. It doesn't matter who the parents are or what the bloodline, too many things are subject to change. 

Have to give 5 gal credit with such a bold prediction- he's got a conversation started.

Guest ECBucFan

All you ever do is THROW KNIVES. You THROW KNIVES at coaches, you THROW KNIVES at programs, you THROW KNIVES at parents, and you THROW KNIVES at posters in general, all under the guise of "caring". 

For crying out loud, give 5 gallon a break. He (unlike you) is a respected poster here. One of three things are at work here. 5GB is either A) writing tongue in cheek for laughs, or B} really means it but is using hyperbole in his post, or C) means it literally. In any of the three intents, ITS HARMLESS. Get over it.

Your eternal negativity and insults are tiresome. You drive people away from this board.  

All you ever do is THROW KNIVES. You THROW KNIVES at coaches, you THROW KNIVES at programs, you THROW KNIVES at parents, and you THROW KNIVES at posters in general, all under the guise of "caring".

For crying out loud, give 5 gallon a break. He (unlike you) is a respected poster here. One of three things are at work here. 5GB is either A) writing tongue in cheek for laughs, or B} really means it but is using hyperbole in his post, or C) means it literally. In any of the three intents, ITS HARMLESS. Get over it.

Your eternal negativity and insults are tiresome. You drive people away from this board.

Not you or anyone else have ever seen a post of me "throwing knives" at coaches or programs. In fact..I've said several times that East Chambers is the closest thing in SeTx at attempting to keep up with the rest of the state. Nice facilities, new gym, indoor practice field, etc... You wouldn't have noticed because like everyone else I guess you cry about the "mean" things that I post.

Throw knives at parents and posters? You bet. Parents are the single biggest problem with 4A and down sports. All the way down to youth sports.

Not you or anyone else have ever seen a post of me "throwing knives" at coaches or programs. In fact..I've said several times that East Chambers is the closest thing in SeTx at attempting to keep up with the rest of the state. Nice facilities, new gym, indoor practice field, etc... You wouldn't have noticed because like everyone else I guess you cry about the "mean" things that I post.

Throw knives at parents and posters? You bet. Parents are the single biggest problem with 4A and down sports. All the way down to youth sports.

Honestly that is true.

Should I even entertain Old school's comment....

Whats sad is your outlook on small schools........ I know several state championship coaches that prefer the small school over the large school.

I guess you failed to read  "if I had anything to do with it" part.

Yeah a lot can happen in that amount of time.

You also don't know my resume

EcBucfan.....(B ) would be the best answer

JV coach.....nope not tyler county blood lines......Jefferson county blood lines that have moved in.

Should I even entertain Old school's comment....

Whats sad is your outlook on small schools........ I know several state championship coaches that prefer the small school over the large school.

I guess you failed to read  "if I had anything to do with it" part.

Yeah a lot can happen in that amount of time.

You also don't know my resume

EcBucfan.....(B ) would be the best answer

JV coach.....nope not tyler county blood lines......Jefferson county blood lines that have moved in.

i-dont-care-but-when-i-no-i-dont-care.jp

I could care less if you "entertain Old school's comment" or not.

Let me just throw out there im not only a parent but a Coach as well and have coached on both the small school and large school setting.  Im not blind to my child's abilities or lack of abilities.  I know some parents are blind to their child's lack of abilities and I understand your statement about parents thinking lil johnny is the best because of some lil dribbler experience.  As a coach I deal with it.  But just be informed that's at all schools not just small schools.

I wonder if Joubert at Kountze thinks its a nightmare or Sutherland HJ/EC or the big sandy coach...

Nightmare.....no not really.....may want to look closer to home on that nightmare thing.

Well Kountze, HJ, EC, and Big Sandy have kids that play basketball all year long in some form or fashion.  Summer league, AAU, or maybe even straight basketball. So that makes it a little different because the better players on those teams have been improving their skills for years. So they at least know how to play somewhat.

Let me just throw out there im not only a parent but a Coach as well and have coached on both the small school and large school setting.  Im not blind to my child's abilities or lack of abilities.  I know some parents are blind to their child's lack of abilities and I understand your statement about parents thinking lil johnny is the best because of some lil dribbler experience.  As a coach I deal with it.  But just be informed that's at all schools not just small schools.

And no it's not all schools.  Bigger schools may not even meet the parents of the kids they coach. And parents of the kids they coach are probably not the child of a school board member or anything like that.

At small schools parents don't cheer. They make corrections, piss off officials, and criticize the coach.  The small schools that don't do that are the schools that are successful.  And those communities have good youth sports programs in place.  Parents don't feel like they have to publicly announce that they've "been coaching for 13 years"...or whatever.  

I personally think the state should go ahead and consolidate everyone and shut down every school with less than 500 kids in the high school.  Kids aren't learning the value of having to compete for something. I'm not just talking about sports.  Most kids think that all they have to do is fill out an application to Baylor and they'll get in...or just apply for a job and they got it. This whole thread is part of a bigger issue to me.. It has been publicly said that this group of kids will be great.  Based on what?... 

Shutting down all those schools will create transportation issues.  How do you handle that?

I get what you are saying.  Many parents are unrealistic and that trickles down to the students.  I said many but not all are....  I live both lives.....parent and coach. 

I guess try to be as centrally located as possible. Even still...fuel for a bus is a lot cheaper than operating an entire 1A, 2A, or 3A campus.

Plus schools don't necessarily have to provide transportation. Do your expect your place of employment to show up to your house and bring you to work? or expect for your child to have that for wherever they work?

Is it all for nothing? I don't know any sport that Warren has been considered a POWER house in.

Have they ever won a state championship?

I play golf up there for the last 30+ years and can only remember 2 golfers years ago that stand out.

One was named Peanut, can't remember the other ones name. My impression was they were a country district made up of a few little townships, with the exception of the Wildwood golfers that lived on the course and were privileged. I think the Peanut kid went to LU on a golf scholarship.

Just an observation, that could be wrong. What have they done as far as a championship sport??

Warren has been competitive in most sports over the years . They have a tough draw in most sports annually. They play football in the same district as Newton, basketball in the same district as Kountze and EC . Not many 2a schools winning those districts. They seem to be down in everything this year with the exception of baseball. They normally have pretty good golf and tennis teams and were real solid on the softball and baseball diamonds for the past few years. The 2 years that the UIL realigned the basketball district the boys team won the district one year and won 20 + games both of those seasons. Projecting winning teams 13 years out is good message board talk, nothing more, nothing less. I can't believe the topic blew up like it did or as they say" no harm, no foul " :)

Warren has been competitive in most sports over the years . They have a tough draw in most sports annually. They play football in the same district as Newton, basketball in the same district as Kountze and EC . Not many 2a schools winning those districts. They seem to be down in everything this year with the exception of baseball. They normally have pretty good golf and tennis teams and were real solid on the softball and baseball diamonds for the past few years. The 2 years that the UIL realigned the basketball district the boys team won the district one year and won 20 + games both of those seasons. Projecting winning teams 13 years out is good message board talk, nothing more, nothing less. I can't believe the topic blew up like it did or as they say" no harm, no foul " :)

Thanks, you are knowledgeable on the topic. Good luck to those kids up there!!

OK say parents have to bring their kids to school....Scenario:  Momma and Daddy/momma/daddy whatever the case may be live in Warren but works in Port Arthur, Beaumont, Livingston.....is the school going to have teachers their at 4 30 a.m. or 5 a.m. so they can get to work on time.

If anything is ideal it would be for large cities to stop providing transportation....walk to school. 

Glad to see a parent take interest in his kids. These girls will be as good as you make them. The better they get the more the nay sayers will cry. 90% of all kids will fail at what ever they try, the key is persistence, stick with it and the kid will be successful. Don't be up set if warren still does not win , because you cant control the other kids. most parent do not invest the time or money in their kids for them to be successful. You are on the right track knowing that there is talent, and doing something about it.