Alamodome upgrades

Really the Alamodome seems like a waste after all these years. Sam Antonio is a great city (one of the best in the world) but it seems to be like a White Elephant. From 98 to 12 nobody was a tenant except for playoff games and the final four. They deserve a pro team more than other cities but Jerry Jones would try and put a stop to it.

Really the Alamodome seems like a waste after all these years. Sam Antonio is a great city (one of the best in the world) but it seems to be like a White Elephant. From 98 to 12 nobody was a tenant except for playoff games and the final four. They deserve a pro team more than other cities but Jerry Jones would try and put a stop to it.

I thought that's were UTSA play's their home games?

I thought that's were UTSA play's their home games?

Thats what he meant by from 98-12.
Rams to LA almost done deal. Land purchased by current Rams owner in LA.
Chargers not leaving SD. Posturing for new stadium. It will work. 2 mill people in greater SD.
Raiders are the Raiders. Who knows? I would not be shocked to see them in SA some day. Also gotta figure Jags can't sustain themselves in Florida. Hell even the Dolphins having trouble drawing. Raiders and Jags would be my first to bets to end up in SA if its gonna happen.
Serious question. Will a franchise end up in Toronto or worse London?

Its says in the UIL guidelines that there are 3 stadiums that can host the SC's ofcourse they are Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. I don't like to see the Dallas area teams get an automatic home game if they achieve the SC. I think the 3 way rotation of these stadiums would be fair enough. A 4 or 5 hour trip for a cash strapped school on the morning of the game. vs a 15 min trip for their opponent doesnt sound even in my book. Not knocking Jerry's World but just knocking the ability to not move atleast among the three validated stadiums.

Its says in the UIL guidelines that there are 3 stadiums that can host the SC's ofcourse they are Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. I don't like to see the Dallas area teams get an automatic home game if they achieve the SC. I think the 3 way rotation of these stadiums would be fair enough. A 4 or 5 hour trip for a cash strapped school on the morning of the game. vs a 15 min trip for their opponent doesnt sound even in my book. Not knocking Jerry's World but just knocking the ability to not move atleast among the three validated stadiums.

First off Dallas doesn't have a stadium Cowboys is in Arlington which makes it Fort Worth.

The issue is small schools until you reached 5A the southernmost teams had been Newton and Navasota. Sometimes Refugio makes it but even then San Antonio's only shot is with Steele and Judson. Houston gets 2 sometimes 3. More local fans show up for local teams. Small schools are usually the cash strapped schools and for their games Cowboys is usually the most neutral. Plus having the game there helps them make 20k to go to all extracurriculars.

Thats what he meant by from 98-12.
Rams to LA almost done deal. Land purchased by current Rams owner in LA.
Chargers not leaving SD. Posturing for new stadium. It will work. 2 mill people in greater SD.
Raiders are the Raiders. Who knows? I would not be shocked to see them in SA some day. Also gotta figure Jags can't sustain themselves in Florida. Hell even the Dolphins having trouble drawing. Raiders and Jags would be my first to bets to end up in SA if its gonna happen.
Serious question. Will a franchise end up in Toronto or worse London?

Forgot about the Jags they could. Jerry would have to approve since he has media rights. The raiders would make me think the NFL hates San Antonio.

As for the second one London will happen if their is expansion. Wembley is only used 12 dates a year so that part is fine. It is the logistics of traveling they are trying figure out but it was done in 92 in that minor league the NFL created. Toronto has the CFL and they are passionate about their game.

Until Houston improves their turf situation I don't think they will move it there. Worst surface in the NFL !

Until Houston improves their turf situation I don't think they will move it there. Worst surface in the NFL !

They dont use grass for HS games. They use turf. Only the Texans use grass. Turf isnt the issue as far as State championship games being there. 

First off Dallas doesn't have a stadium Cowboys is in Arlington which makes it Fort Worth.

The issue is small schools until you reached 5A the southernmost teams had been Newton and Navasota. Sometimes Refugio makes it but even then San Antonio's only shot is with Steele and Judson. Houston gets 2 sometimes 3. More local fans show up for local teams. Small schools are usually the cash strapped schools and for their games Cowboys is usually the most neutral. Plus having the game there helps them make 20k to go to all extracurriculars.

Sorry was more of general statement did not realize i had to be so literal. I spoke with a player from a team a couple of years ago who got up drove 4 or 5 hours sorry cannot remember exactly but he said it was tiring on them the opponent was a near by team. Had it been in Houston it would have been a bit different. You must be a Cowboys fan by the way,

Sorry was more of general statement did not realize i had to be so literal. I spoke with a player from a team a couple of years ago who got up drove 4 or 5 hours sorry cannot remember exactly but he said it was tiring on them the opponent was a near by team. Had it been in Houston it would have been a bit different. You must be a Cowboys fan by the way,

Actually I hate pro football if a fan of any team than the niners. I'm from there and hate when Fort Worth is considered as part of second rate Dallas.

As for moving sites is simple the overall majority of makes sense to leave it there. I'm guessing financially it makes sense for Crowell-May, Temple-Aledo and Canadian Mason to be played in Houston because the 6A games feature a houston team. The closest team to San Antonio was Mason. Cowboys is the most neutral for the festival showcase that UIL has created and more fans show up. It also doesn't hurt that the best 5A 6A teams and fan bases are located near there either.

Explain how San Antonio or Houston make sense to host ALL the games (or all crowded field games)?

It makes more sense in the fact that fans from those areas would be able to participate in the game. The chance for Reliant or the Alamodome to host those games would be good for those areas of the state. The local fans from those areas would be able to participate and those to fields are more than adequate to handle the spectacle that the SC's has become. Houston is hosting the Superbowl in 2017 if they can host that I believe they can host the SC games as well as anywere in this country. I am a believer in the old system of choosing your own venues. I think it should be up to the schools.  In the same respect how does it make sense for Jerry's World to host all of the games. It does not for any of them. Unfortunately that is how they UIL makes their money so its totally up to them.