WHAT RULE CHANGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE CHANGED

skipper

That's a real nice gentlemen answer, and response. You go boys!

Give us a break you had that coming.

So if your team scores with a minute to go and you're down 1...instead of trying to get it back...you're suggesting to put in a rule where you have to kick it deep and watch them kneel out the clock..

That's just stupid.

Give us a break you had that coming.

So if your team scores with a minute to go and you're down 1...instead of trying to get it back...you're suggesting to put in a rule where you have to kick it deep and watch them kneel out the clock..

That's just stupid.

IYO play football kick it down the field and play out the minutes. This is my opinion, if you feel it should not be changed. I have no problem with it, nor will I waste anymore time on it. 

Celebration penalties should incur a 95yd penalty, loss of down, loss of 7 points, immediate ejection, handcuffed and given a life prison sentence with no trial.

Punters who fake getting hit should share the same jail cell...or a least go back to soccer.

Receivers that beg for interference calls should immediately be sent to the NFL to run short over-the-middle pass routes for the rest of their playing days (which will be very short).

Players or coaches penalized for sideline interference should be forced to run the chains for the rest of the game.

Seriously though, the top priority rule change I would implement would be for all penalties to add. If a team commits a 5yd and 15yd penality on the same play, mark off 20yds. If TeamA commits a 15yd penality and TeamB commits a 5yd penality on the same play, mark off of 10yds against TeamA. I've never understood the concept of off-setting penalties.

Looks like the neighborhood message board troll has a new title..sexist... I guess this doesn't surprise me..

if you want to keep violating the message board rules by calling people names i have a few i could call you.

your choice but i guarantee you will not like the outcome. 

:ph34r:  :D  :lol:

Don't change the state playoff site. After seeing this stadium, there is nothing else in Texas like it. The kids really love playing there. It's about the kids when you get to state, not the convenience of the fans. Also, they get to play in front of thousands and thousands of fans. The games have from about 25 to 55 thousand fans at any game. This place really has there act together. It was an experience the kids will never forget. Also, it is more centrally located in the state. What you see on TV is just a small part of Jerry's World. 

if you want to keep violating the message board rules by calling people names i have a few i could call you.

your choice but i guarantee you will not like the outcome.

:ph34r: :D :lol:

What does being a woman have to do with posting on a sports message board? I'm sure you are a man and 95% of what you post is straight garbage at the landfill. But hey, that's one MAN's opinion.

I really like moving the ball to the 40 in OT.

I think I would also like making each team go for 2 after a TD. Every time.

As ironic is it may be, I have been wanting FG kickers removed from the game since I was in my early 20's. =no extra points and a much more intense "have to convert" two point conversion situations multiple times a game. Won't ever happen but it's something I wish they'd do at all levels.

Bullets touched on this earlier...

They need to re-instate the pass interference penalties from years ago.  A team should NEVER benefit by committing a foul.  But, the way the penalties are now, it is in your best interest to commit a flagrant pass interference, if it's obvious that you're going to give up a big play.

Let's see...  should I risk a 10 yard penalty?  Or, give up a possible TD???   No brainer!

That is totally wrong.  It was better before they changed it.

Celebration penalties should incur a 95yd penalty, loss of down, loss of 7 points, immediate ejection, handcuffed and given a life prison sentence with no trial.
Punters who fake getting hit should share the same jail cell...or a least go back to soccer.
Receivers that beg for interference calls should immediately be sent to the NFL to run short over-the-middle pass routes for the rest of their playing days (which will be very short).
Players or coaches penalized for sideline interference should be forced to run the chains for the rest of the game.

Seriously though, the top priority rule change I would implement would be for all penalties to add. If a team commits a 5yd and 15yd penality on the same play, mark off 20yds. If TeamA commits a 15yd penality and TeamB commits a 5yd penality on the same play, mark off of 10yds against TeamA. I've never understood the concept of off-setting penalties.

I feel you, but I think the reason it's like that is because sometimes a penalty is committed BECAUSE of another penalty. If an o-line player ends up holding someone because they got a great jump and were flagged for being offsides, that shouldn't hurt the offense more than the defense, which it would under your system. Just one theory, though.

I'd like to see the rules eased up on celebration penalties. It's one thing to turn around and taunt your opponent by holding the ball out towards him as you cross the goal line. But WOS got a celebration penalty against Hj this year for simply holding the ball in the air as the crossed the goal line. By the rules a penalty, but a silly rule IMO.

Watched that State Championship Bowl thing on ESPN yesterday Florida has some different rules and OT they got the ball on the 10.

texas and one other state use NCAA rules.  most states use NFHS rules. if you want to talk about strange rules start reading NFHS rules.