Bowl Matchups

PhatMack19

The Texas vs A&M matchup was never going to happen. Charlie Strong has vocalized that this was the matchup he and his players were hoping for. Whether or not A&M wanted the game varies depending on who you talk to. Ultimately, it is irrelevant. The game was never going to happen because the SEC was never going to risk damaging its Texas progress when the Aggies are "so down." SECond to no one in running scared...

The Texas vs A&M matchup was never going to happen. Charlie Strong has vocalized that this was the matchup he and his players were hoping for. Whether or not A&M wanted the game varies depending on who you talk to. Ultimately, it is irrelevant. The game was never going to happen because the SEC was never going to risk damaging its Texas progress when the Aggies are "so down." SECond to no one in running scared...

6-6 vs 6-6

7-5 vs 7-5

your  point, I mean Chip's point about nothing to gain and a lot to lose does make sense.

First I'm hearing about 3 star preference, when did Chip say that?

6-6 vs 6-6
7-5 vs 7-5
your point, I mean Chip's point about nothing to gain and a lot to lose does make sense.
First I'm hearing about 3 star preference, when did Chip say that?

Don't read Chip. I get my news a little closer to the source. And by a little, I mean a lot. It's a fact Jack. This isn't connect the dots/let's match up records. It does give the conference an explanation why it didn't choose to give the people the game it wanted.

Texas wanted it, and the Texas Bowl obviously wanted it. Texas accepted the bid not knowing who it was going to get, but hoping for the Ags. The SEC said no thanks. Do I think the Ags had anything to do with not playing in the game? I lean toward no. I don't think Slive is too awfully concerned with whether they did or they didn't. I'm sure he would listen but his directives come from a much higher power. He and the sec knows the Aggies are just so happy to be able to sit at the big boy table now. But do I think the sec would have not only said No, but Hell No to giving the Longhorns a chance to B-Slap the Aggies in a highly anticipated rematch of the rivalry? Of course.

And that is exactly what happened. Chimp printed a story he was fed to throw down the proverbial gauntlet while thinking he had a scoop. And it served its purpose. Do I think the Aggies are yellow? I don't know if they wanted to play or not. Did they have a choice? No. Did the SEC make them look yellow? Yes. Does the SEC care? No. It's certainly better to appear weak than to have that confirmed in front of millions on national tv.

Don't read Chip. I get my news a little closer to the source. And by a little, I mean a lot. It's a fact Jack. This isn't connect the dots/let's match up records. It does give the conference an explanation why it didn't choose to give the people the game it wanted.

Texas wanted it, and the Texas Bowl obviously wanted it. Texas accepted the bid not knowing who it was going to get, but hoping for the Ags. The SEC said no thanks. Do I think the Ags had anything to do with not playing in the game? I lean toward no. I don't think Slive is too awfully concerned with whether they did or they didn't. I'm sure he would listen but his directives come from a much higher power. He and the sec knows the Aggies are just so happy to be able to sit at the big boy table now. But do I think the sec would have not only said No, but Hell No to giving the Longhorns a chance to B-Slap the Aggies in a highly anticipated rematch of the rivalry? Of course.

And that is exactly what happened. Chimp printed a story he was fed to throw down the proverbial gauntlet while thinking he had a scoop. And it served its purpose. Do I think the Aggies are yellow? I don't know if they wanted to play or not. Did they have a choice? No. Did the SEC make them look yellow? Yes. Does the SEC care? No. It's certainly better to appear weak than to have that confirmed in front of millions on national tv.

Boom goes the dynamite