Best playoff venue

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

New Caney ISD.

NRG Stadium is, of course, the preeminent playoff site, but not practical in an economic sense for many HS matchups. NRG also did not handle the Katy - Manvel game very well, IMO. Way, way too long lines due to only one sides ticket booth being open, many fans missed most of first half of game due to this. Many forced to sit in end zones. $15 tickets...

Woodforest: Not a bad place, but very plain and very restrictive for the fans. They have a list of about 15-16 "don't" as you enter. No umbrellas, no outside drinks, etc. A little over bearing, IMO. I-45 traffic is a nightmare, too!

Berry Center. Great place, but way out past hwy. 6  off 290. Tough drive for GT fans.

Which leaves us with brand new New Caney. Easily surpasses Woodforest. Backed seating, Awesome Jumbotron. Lighted graphics all around the stadium. Live interviews! Easy access on 59, No problem bring your Dr. Pepper or umbrella in, etc. New Caney is THE best HS venue in the GHA. Any teams considering Woodforest or any sites north of Houston should choose New Caney!        

I agree Texan Drive Stadium is a great place for a playoff game. They also take care of the players and coaches as well. Personal name tags on lockers for players and coaches plus TV's in locker rooms to watch and even in press box the second level is VIP seating for school admin with a very nice hospitality spread.

Guest ECBucFan

I have heard that Galena Park ISD is a great stadium too.

It is. Its not in the league with New Caney, but it is very nice. GP ISD has some of the best parking, once you are able to get to it. 

Guest ECBucFan

I agree Texan Drive Stadium is a great place for a playoff game. They also take care of the players and coaches as well. Personal name tags on lockers for players and coaches plus TV's in locker rooms to watch and even in press box the second level is VIP seating for school admin with a very nice hospitality spread.

Yes! I think New Caney goes all in to be accommodating to players, coaches, the media and the fans. Great experience there.

I almost get the feeling Woodforest just "tolerates" fans. 

Guest ECBucFan

I don't want to get on a rant about Woodforest, but just before I walked in they made two little girls, about 5 and 8, dump their Icee's they tried to walk in with.

I stared at the person at the gate, and said "Really? Do you think the girls Icee's were a danger to anyone?"

They silently point to the restrictions sign, with their long list on it. I was ticked at Woodforest and I felt bad for the little girls.   :angry:

I don't like woodforest..went and watched 2 games there Ec and HJ..its like walking into a prison. Concession was very over priced..New Caney is the best I have seen.fair prices at concession and a great atmosphere

Thats funny....when I went with my father to HJ/LaGrange I looked at the prices and said to him.."we at the Astrodome or something?" lol

First time at new U of H stadium. I only have one arm and one leg now. Stadium is nice and close to field, very professional style jumbotron, music, nice atmosphere, BUT, $10 for parking, $10 to get in, and concession stand is expensive. Nice facility though.

1. New Caney
2. Berry Center
3. U of H
4. Woodforest
5. Galena Park
6. Aldine isd
7. Beaumont isd
8. Baytown
9. Katy
10. Spring Branch isd

My top 10

First time at new U of H stadium. I only have one arm and one leg now. Stadium is nice and close to field, very professional style jumbotron, music, nice atmosphere, BUT, $10 for parking, $10 to get in, and concession stand is expensive. Nice facility though.

1. New Caney
2. Berry Center
3. U of H
4. Woodforest
5. Galena Park
6. Aldine isd
7. Beaumont isd
8. Baytown
9. Katy
10. Spring Branch isd

My top 10

Wait, $10 to park??  When it costs ZERO at Rice University……. Glad I didn't go today after all. 

1. New Caney
2. Berry Center
3. U of H
4. Woodforest
5. Galena Park
6. Aldine isd
7. Beaumont isd
8. Baytown
9. Katy
10. Spring Branch isd

My top 10[/quote]

Mine as well, my #11 is Hornet Stadium - Hardin Tx - only kidding

Dude..why do you always try to take offense or make any comment about that stadium seem negative. If you must know, the smile would be for home field advantage for the Mustangs. geez. lighten up.

I'm cool, as always. Just asking a question. Just didn't see the punchline in that one, that's all... and I have a great sense of humor...

I don't like woodforest..went and watched 2 games there Ec and HJ..its like walking into a prison. Concession was very over priced..New Caney is the best I have seen.fair prices at concession and a great atmosphere

$3 bottle water is all you need to know bout woodforrest