SECond to none, except for the Big 12

TxHoops

Think they were referring to add for a conference championship

They don't need a conference championship game either. The committee woukd have found another reason if they would have played a championship game too. They did not want a small, regional school in their money grab.

All men are created equal, some are just more equal than others. I see it on the evening news every night (including the sports segment).

"BYU, Cincy, UCF and EC add nothing to the conference. "

I tend  to agree - Ouch! - BYU would be a good add but the others would just add filling with no punch - they really bring nothing to the table.

I do not recall UT (or any Big XII school) ever recruiting a player from Utah. Great school, but would not benefit the Big XII.

They would be better suited in the PAC 10 or 12 or whatever they are.

If things fall apart, I could see UT going to the PAC 12 as was rumored years ago.

I do not recall UT (or any Big XII school) ever recruiting a player from Utah. Great school, but would not benefit the Big XII.

They would be better suited in the PAC 10 or 12 or whatever they are.

If things fall apart, I could see UT going to the PAC 12 as was rumored years ago.

I know recruiting should and does play a part in all expansion decisions - I was more talking BYU would add an other decent football reputation school to the mix.  The area of influence would be another negative as well.

But lets face it - the Big 12 will have to reach out of its current comfort zone to grab an impact university or 2 to complete the Big12 roster - not too many schools not already locked down to look at that could help the Big 12 and help build its reputation.

No one will be added to the Big XII. The conference will be just fine when UT and OU are back on top. Bottom line, the conference was down this year. It's not permanent. When you let the 2nd string play, this is what happens. Just need to put the starters back in.

BYU, Cincy, UCF and EC add nothing to the conference.

Here's my take on your comment:

Texas and OU are fine with the way things worked out this year.

If they were in the same boat, one of them would have made it in(they presume).  They don't want the "little private schools" to get any more attention or chances at success.  Sips and Sooners are not used to having to compete for THE BEST recruits with BU TCU and ATM.  Sorry, the landscape has changed.  Maybe only temporarily, but it has changed.

Current conference setup was tailor made for a easy path to National Championship.....just didn't think it would be BU or TCU, so no need to add any new teams because that would just reduce the money for Texas and OU.

Couldn't happen to a nicer set of folks.

Congrats.

Here's my take on your comment:
Texas and OU are fine with the way things worked out this year.
If they were in the same boat, one of them would have made it in(they presume).  They don't want the "little private schools" to get any more attention or chances at success.  Sips and Sooners are not used to having to compete for THE BEST recruits with BU TCU and ATM.  Sorry, the landscape has changed.  Maybe only temporarily, but it has changed.
Current conference setup was tailor made for a easy path to National Championship.....just didn't think it would be BU or TCU, so no need to add any new teams because that would just reduce the money for Texas and OU.
Couldn't happen to a nicer set of folks.
Congrats.

That about sums it up.

UT does not need the Big XII. The Big XII needs UT.

• 2 weeks later...

Aggy getting the hang of jock riding. Just think - if you guys would have picked this up sooner you could have celebrated a national championship or two in your old conference.

I'm jock riding because I posted an article in a thread stating that the Big 12 is a better conference that disproved that? I didn't write the article by the way.

You're jock riding because, like the rest of the weak sisters of the SEC, you have been touting your conference mates on this forum nonstop. Like a giddy little school girl...

I'm posting facts, which I know are hard for you to deal with.

If you haven't noticed this forum is based in Texas and there aren't a whole bunch of other posters from SEC schools. We have a few LSU fans, Holman, and Bamakid and that's about it. This isn't really a nationwide forum.

You started this thread stating that the Big 12 is the best conference all the while your team is 6-6. And I'm jock riding?

It seems to me that mighty Texas is riding the jocks of two small Private Christian schools.

Espn stated it. I just posted an article. I was speaking of you on this forum and the flute you play anytime anything is written about the sec and its dominance. When I spoke of sec fans, I wasn't referring to this forum but rather the mentality as a whole. This article was meant as a jab at this "jock riding."

We have the NC for the Big 12 in the bcs era. Jock riding not required. Of course when you finish 7th and 9th in conference in consecutive years, and don't know of a NC except through your great grandpappy, I suppose jock riding is all you've got...