5A D2 REGIONAL FINAL: CROSBY vs HUTTO

Cougar14.2

The Crosby Cougar(12-1) will face the Hutto Hippos(11-2) at 2 pm Saturday in San Marcos at Texas State University for the region three title. The Cougars were co-district champs with King and Hutto finished third in their district behind Temple and Elgin, who Brenham beat in the area round. The winner of this one most likely gets perennial power Cedar Park in the semi-finals. Can Code Red be the first 4A/5A team from SETX since Dayton to win the region or will they finish a solid season 12-2?

I went to the game before our game. Their slots #6 and #7 are quick. They ran two routes a seam pass and a quick slant. #81 is 6'7" and very soft ran 10 yds and stopped every route and looked around like he was lost. Caught a jump ball however. The QB had at least 7-8 seconds in the pocket Angleton couldn't get to him cause their OL is huge but slow. No running game or QB running game from what I witnessed. Def is stout and their DE are huge and athletic. #7 and #5 played both ways at safety. My prediction Crosby 41-13 Hutto.

I'm not smoking anything, guy asked what I knew about Hutto and I told him not you jack azz. You know my name now so why don't you man up and stop being a hater and get the F off anything to do with crosby chump. I tried to be nice but I'm sick of having to justify what these boys do on the field. Have a nice day in Kirbyville. As far as Eazy yeah how much you know bout Temple? Talked to Hutto parents and they said game shouldn't have been that close so u can shut the hell up too

I don't wish for him to shut up. According to the 'experts' on this board we should have been fighting for a fourth place finish. When that wasn't going to happen then it was they didn't deserve what they have earned, it is a fluke, or an easy bracket (as if we chose that). Just wait until Ozen puts you in your place. Then wait till the sandcrabs run it down your throat. Then brenham is going to show you what a real team is. I dont know who your team is but time to swerve to left and have a seat. These boys have proved week after week there are the real deal. Basically the park ranger turned safari guide can run his mouth just like the haters have.

I will overwhelmingly admit that I didn't expect Crosby to win district, let alone to be playing in a Region Final after losing the twins and that offense. But you can also send thanks to CE King for coming out of nowhere and grabbing a D1 spot, or you would be battling a Region with Temple, Ridge Point, Foster, Elkins, and George Ranch.

I will overwhelmingly admit that I didn't expect Crosby to win district, let alone to be playing in a Region Final after losing the twins and that offense. But you can also send thanks to CE King for coming out of nowhere and grabbing a D1 spot, or you would be battling a Region with Temple, Ridge Point, Foster, Elkins, and George Ranch.

Minus Foster and Elkins I can agree with this. 

Nice backhanded compliment. Moving on.

I don't wish for him to shut up. According to the 'experts' on this board we should have been fighting for a fourth place finish. When that wasn't going to happen then it was they didn't deserve what they have earned, it is a fluke, or an easy bracket (as if we chose that). Just wait until Ozen puts you in your place. Then wait till the sandcrabs run it down your throat. Then brenham is going to show you what a real team is. I dont know who your team is but time to swerve to left and have a seat. These boys have proved week after week there are the real deal. Basically the park ranger turned safari guide can run his mouth just like the haters have.

👌 Absolutely.

Kind of mind blowing that Nederland played a tight one with Crosby, and Seay didn't play for a large portion of the second half. I think the football in 215A is just outstanding right now and Crosby is peaking. My point being that SETX 5A football isn't dead just yet. But 215A will be a tough road for the foreseeable future. Good luck Coogs

WOW!! I've taught you smacktalk well young Jedi, lol!!

No knock on Crosby, but Division II was there for the taking this year.  Congrats on the Cougars for taking care of business.

Sad that both Quarter Final games for 5A are in the Austin area.

George Ranch plays Temple in Round Rock's very impressive looking Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex.

Something also needs to be said of Temple and Hutto's district, getting two teams in one district to the quarterfinals = stout.

A reporter standing by me at the GRHS game (who was also at the Temple Ridge Point game) said Temple wouldn't be able to match GRHS' speed after watching GRHS score 4 TD's in about 10 minutes in the second quarter.
GRHS was playing 2nd string midway through 3rd quarter.  Lots of guys got playing time. 

Hopefully Crosby's speed will be the winning factor vs Hutto.

Good luck to the Cougars...  Hopefully either GR or Crosby can win the Region Title and keep it in the Houston area.  Just doesn't seem right to play the Region III title game in the Austin area and not the Houston area.