Rogers vs Newton

To our C. Camden district team. You had a great team and made a great run, but just had some rotten luck in the playoffs. I always said that it takes a good team and some luck to win state. We came up with some injuries last week that will  probably keep at least one of our starters out this week.

It is so hard to play a schedule like the Eagles have played and not have injuries, especially after 13 weeks. It is a testament to their conditioning, off season program, talent base and overall management.

After the game against Franklin, one would expect to have a few banged up kids. Franklin is a very respectable program and was tough defensively.

I've seen Rogers play on film in 2 different games. They do nothing fancy. They remind me a lot of Franklin except not as good, in my opinion.

If Newton doesn't turn the ball over, stays healthy and avoids stupid penalties, they should end this season with a win. The Eagles are good enough.

Rogers hasn't played a team of Newtons caliber yet. If Newton played cupcakes all year our defense would of looked better than it does. Newton is stout on defense and they will knock the snot out of you they sworn to the ball like vultars on a dead carcass. You have played one team worth a crap and that was Franklin you took a beating on defense I know you changed offense since then but that has nothing to do with you defense. Newton is fast big and strong and you will see that Friday night in Conroe. Good luck and safe travels to the game.

Rogers is a lot better at containing speed , Malvets is a beast he will run right up the middle and will give Newton D a lot of trouble all night .. Rogers wins by 14 , going to be like Cameron or white oak all over again . Newton sucks at woodforest from what I hear .

Cameron Yoe and White Oak both had really good passing games, so unless Rogers has a similar passing game, I don't think it will be those games all over again. I'm sure Rogers will get yards on the ground but if they are a one-dimensional team it's going to be hard to move the ball the entire  game on Newton.

You are right WestRiders, Newton cannot stop the run, especially when teams run up the middle on us. Rogers will run at will while their defense will shut Newton down. Newton has played a very weak schedule throughout the year and that is going to catch up with us. Newton has not faced a team anything like Rogers this year. We should have lost to New Waverly and just lucked out with Dublin. Those teams probably had some key players out when we played them.

Rogers is a lot better at containing speed , Malvets is a beast he will run right up the middle and will give Newton D a lot of trouble all night .. Rogers wins by 14 , going to be like Cameron or white oak all over again . Newton sucks at woodforest from what I hear .

Maybe this guy just really doesn't know. Lol