vote for your mvp player in your dist

skipper

I believe his point is that King is more VALUABLE to HF than DT is to WOS.
If you put King on WOS and DT on HF; WOS still wins their games, HF probably doesn't have as many Ws.

I respectfully disagree with you. Out of all 5 of their victories, which teams were really hard to beat? Case and point. WOS does not beat PNG without DT. He is one of the best DBs in the nation. You can't put King on defense and think he's going to be as productive as DT.

[quote name="One4All" post="1578651" timestamp="1415385575"]

[qulolote n ame="#62jjohnson" post="1578641" timestamp="1415384405"]

i know it doesnt happen often but we have seen district mvps be on losing teams . We can say all we want about just district , so your gonna tell me what he did or any other canidate done in 6 games prior numbers dont count ? Like i said earlier 32 total tds in 9 games . So that means he scored a lot in district and lets say he scored 32 in 6 games and 4 in 4 games we just gonna say .... but that was non district !! So when the papers come out after the season over and the writers wrtite their articles they use ALL THE STATS FROM ALL THE GAMES !!! So you think his performance vs lumberton was a fluke and no coaches playing hamshire later didnt watch that ? Hell in that case dont watch film from non district games cause they are irrelevant. Dt is a great choice and WOS produces great teams every year , they just reload . Hamshire is trying to climb back into being relevant since really the mid 90's . The young man has put the team on his back and he is carrying them . Teams know he is all they have and he still makes things hapen with not much around him . Put DT at hamshire and King WOS what would you have ? I'll wait !![/quote]

district games All that matters with these awards.....district selections keyword is district...lol[/quote] we know that and im not disputing that . Tell me this , if DT had 10 ints in the nondistrict games (they dont count ) and 2 the last 4 do you discount the 10 ?

I agree that King is more valuable to HF than DT to WOS, but that is NOT the award. The award is MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the DISTRICT, not team. Sorry, in my mind unless you do something spectacular (2,000 rushing yards or something like that) a player on the bottom rung of district is NOT MVP in the district, just his team.

I submit King for all district QB, Dallas from WOS as newcomer of the year (if not for King, all district QB),  and DT MVP. Not just for outstanding play on BOTH sides of the ball, but for being the leader on a district champ team. DT held the team together until Jack could get his footing. Without DT's leadership early on, WOS doesn't have as good a record.

So you're saying King is a better athlete than DT?

i never said that we all know Dt's pedigree . I think he could be an all American in college as a receiver. Im just saying King has done just as much as that young man has for his team . And all the other coaches and players when its time too play against them they know they have their hands full . Dont discredit king cause his team isnt as loaded as as Wos or discredit him cause of his "nondistrict" exploits . I just feel that he is the districts mvp imo .

I agree that King is more valuable to HF than DT to WOS, but that is NOT the award. The award is MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the DISTRICT, not team. Sorry, in my mind unless you do something spectacular (2,000 rushing yards or something like that) a player on the bottom rung of district is NOT MVP in the district, just his team.

I submit King for all district QB, Dallas from WOS as newcomer of the year (if not for King, all district QB), and DT MVP. Not just for outstanding play on BOTH sides of the ball, but for being the leader on a district champ team. DT held the team together until Jack could get his footing. Without DT's leadership early on, WOS doesn't have as good a record.

if king doenst get mvp he should be offensive mvp

I agree that King is more valuable to HF than DT to WOS, but that is NOT the award. The award is MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the DISTRICT, not team. Sorry, in my mind unless you do something spectacular (2,000 rushing yards or something like that) a player on the bottom rung of district is NOT MVP in the district, just his team.

I submit King for all district QB, Dallas from WOS as newcomer of the year (if not for King, all district QB),  and DT MVP. Not just for outstanding play on BOTH sides of the ball, but for being the leader on a district champ team. DT held the team together until Jack could get his footing. Without DT's leadership early on, WOS doesn't have as good a record.

It doesn't matter what happened early on right? Or are we saying it does? I think you look at the whole season, and you call it the 'District' MVP/1st Team/2nd Team just because you only choose players from the district. King gets the nod here because he has done WAY more with WAY less. You plug King in with the talent that WOS or HJ has, who knows what his numbers could be, and I think this isn't even an argument. He is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to his team. You can't have an MVP of the DISTRICT because there's no way to measure how valuable a player is to the district. It doesn't make sense. You have to look at the value to their team to make that decision. If DT isn't at WOS, they still finish in the top two in the district. He isn't as valuable to West Orange as King is to HF. Is DT the best player in the District? I think so. However, the award isn't for the best player, it's for the most VALUABLE player.

King - MVP

DT - Offensive MVP

Padgett - Defensive MVP

Dallas - All district QB

Moreaux - All district RB (there may be a better choice here, I just think he's played so well)

The receiver for West Orange who lines up opposite DT (don't know his name) - All district WR

Kicker from OF - All district Kicker (if this is even an award)

You then pick and choose from some of the other players to fill the first and second team spots. And I'm not sure if All district QB/RB/WR are really awards or those players would just be considered 1st team all district?

Didn't DT go for 200+ receiving and four TDs and pick off a pass against HF?
I know for a fact that WOS loses to PNG without DT. He was the difference in that second half comeback.
Oh and I take some exception with HF "not having any talent". Theres some talent, but the one man show each week doesn't always allow for it to shine.

It doesn't matter what happened early on right? Or are we saying it does? I think you look at the whole season, and you call it the 'District' MVP/1st Team/2nd Team just because you only choose players from the district. King gets the nod here because he has done WAY more with WAY less. You plug King in with the talent that WOS or HJ has, who knows what his numbers could be, and I think this isn't even an argument. He is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to his team. You can't have an MVP of the DISTRICT because there's no way to measure how valuable a player is to the district. It doesn't make sense. You have to look at the value to their team to make that decision. If DT isn't at WOS, they still finish in the top two in the district. He isn't as valuable to West Orange as King is to HF. Is DT the best player in the District? I think so. However, the award isn't for the best player, it's for the most VALUABLE player.

King - MVP
DT - Offensive MVP
Padgett - Defensive MVP
Dallas - All district QB
Moreaux - All district RB (there may be a better choice here, I just think he's played so well)
The receiver for West Orange who lines up opposite DT (don't know his name) - All district WR

You then pick and choose from some of the other players to fill the first and second team spots. And I'm not sure if All district QB/RB/WR are really awards or those players would just be considered 1st team all district?

I say flip the top two simply because Dt gets on done on both sides and king is mostly offense btw what's his defensive stats

I know for a fact that WOS loses to PNG without DT. He was the difference in that second half comeback.
Oh and I take some exception with HF "not having any talent". Theres some talent, but the one man show each week doesn't always allow for it to shine.

I think ur right coaches should let others do things then it just opens up soooo much more for king

AthletHe name="HJ2012" post="1578827" timestamp="1415398647"]

King - MVP
DT - Offensive MVP
Padgett - Defensive MVP
Dallas - All district QB

You then pick and choose from some of the other players to fill the first and second team spots. And I'm not sure if All district QB/RB/WR are really awards or those players would just be considered 1st team all district?[/quote]

first of all I like the way MR KING can play the game

second of all I don't know about Hj but if he was at WOS his numbers would be close to what they are now....reason being he wouldn't touch the ball that much...

third put any credible Athlete at Hf you produced the same numbers....

that is coaching. They have some kids there , they have a TE they just started to feature who is 6'4 235 i have been saying he needs to be used in the red zone or anywhere with that size . The passing game needs to be opened up more imo. But i think that is gonna be the factor for setx teams is their passing game in the playoffs and how far they advance.

that is coaching. They have some kids there , they have a TE they just started to feature who is 6'4 235 i have been saying he needs to be used in the red zone or anywhere with that size . The passing game needs to be opened up more imo. But i think that is gonna be the factor for setx teams is their passing game in the playoffs and how far they advance.

That big TE is my nephew Caleb Havard. He tears up WOS each year, but they dont get him the ball in the other 9 games??? He and Kendrick been doin the football/basketball thing together for years.

That big TE is my nephew Caleb Havard. He tears up WOS each year, but they dont get him the ball in the other 9 games??? He and Kendrick been doin the football/basketball thing together for years.

i dont get it that kid can be GRONK if they threw the ball to him who wants to try and tackle something that size in the open field ?? Lets not talk red zone when youre 6'4 and your regular cb or safety is 5'8 , that should be 6 all day !!

After tonight, DT is MVP hands down. 1 district win doesn't get you MVP of the district. I have no idea HF strength of schedule but only common opponents are in district. And my comments are in no way a knock on King. Simply an opinion. He is a fun athlete to watch.