The Ridiculousness of Houston Scarborough making the Playoffs

Goblin

Saw Scrabrough play this year. They were down 56-0 at half. Didn't see any bad sportsmanship. Felt really bad for them. They looked athletic but didn't have any fundamentals. They only had eleven show up for two a days and had a few show up later. They should go outlaw schedule or scrap the sport IMHO.

wow 11 men at 2a days that is sad,is it just the coach or the whole program that's corrupt

I am curious after a few years of the 4 team to the playoff format  we will have some stats on the eventual outcome of these teams. If some win state in their division, then its probably a good thing. If they never make it past the 2nd round, then its only a money thing. There will be a lot of happy refs with all the extra money in their pockets as well as UIL. 

Walldrill, sorry that for some reason I can't quote on here. You do realize that baseball (as everything else except football) will not have a Division I and II, will be all the same district. Jasper still will be in a 4 team district?

I know for baseball WOS will be have LCM, Silsbee, and BC back in the district from my understanding. Not saying I can't be wrong, but that is the way I understood it earlier in the year.

West Orange Stark will be making Football History next week. Scarborough lost to KIPP Academy tonight 32 to 8 to become the first winless team to ever make the UIL playoffs. A 57 game losing streak is on the line next week.

Sadly, this only the second dumbest thing to come out of the realignment this time around, because in the defense of UIL they may not have known that Jones was on the block for closing last January.

There ought to be a state or federal law stating you have to win one game to get into your respective state's playoffs. Apparently t-ball rules apply here and EVERYONE gets a trophy and gets told how special they are..........SMH

YES, there should be a state law. Send a complaint to your state legislators! And to the UIL!

Splitting the lower classifications ahead then sending four instead of two doubled everyones chances. Its ridiculous. Its embarrassing for some.
After 1st Q WOS will have its JV on the field and it still could end up a 90 point route.

I hope WOS scores 150+ points on this team. Maybe that will send a message to the UIL to change this stupid rule!

forgot the year but chapel hill had a 3-7 record all in dist play. but went on to win state

in 1989 they were the district runner up to henderson .  they went 6-4 overall  and 3-2 in district play then they went on that run too win state 12-4 . similar to westbrook's run in 1982 the first year the district runner up could go to the playoffs . gladewater had a nice run last year going 4-6 overall 2-4 in district play and went 4 deep until they met that buzzsaw argyle .  

in 1989 they were the district runner up to henderson .  they went 6-4 overall  and 3-2 in district play then they went on that run too win state 12-4 . similar to westbrook's run in 1982 the first year the district runner up could go to the playoffs . gladewater had a nice run last year going 4-6 overall 2-4 in district play and went 4 deep until they met that buzzsaw argyle .

thank u

This is Freakonomics 101, forget the money UIL is making, for every $5 or $10 or whatever ticket that is bought, how many $$ do you think are spent on 1.) concessions, 2.) travel expense, 3.) food and lodging, 4.) playoff tshirts, 5.) you name it here (medical expenses from injuries?). Legislators will never legislate that away even if they could.

It's just plain stupid, playoffs are to determine an ultimate "champion", teams that have 0.0001% chance of achieving that should not be involved, no offense to the kids they gotta play the schedule. The adults in charge are to blame and they are degrading our younger generations for their own greed and ignorance. If UIL wants more money they should just do it the old fashioned way, create a new tax.

Hmmmm, logically thinking. The UIL and the Lottery use the same principal.

Which number is greater ?

The number of people that oppose teams with losing records making the playoffs or the number of people that play the lottery daily and weekly and have never won but continue playing with the same odds of winning "The BIG One" as Scarborough.

😈