Beaumont Central 29 Port Neches-Groves 21/Final 2OT

WOSgrad

I nodded off a couple times 1st half

Amen...seemed like a lazy afternoon play for both offensively explosive teams in the first half. I was glad when Central scored that first touchdown to ignite a spark to our team. Seems both teams played with no fire... If either go into the playoffs with this kind of play..I see it being a short lived run....

Very impressed at the Jag D. They held Halfin to under 100 yards rushing and held the best receiver, numbers wise to only 6 catches and under 150 yard (Locke shadowed him almost the entire game). We held a good PN-G offensive team to under 300 yards of total offense and well under their average ppg. They made good tackles and played very disciplined.
I have NO problems with the D.
Offense left so many scores on the field and played so least inspired, it's not funny. We started the game off doing well. PN-G made adjustments and we ran the same 3 or 4 plays. Once again, we played cat and mouse. Only when PN-G scored, we went to the 5 receiver set, a set that no team this year have been able to stop. Conservative play calling and content with a 1 score lead will be our undoing, as it was vs. Nederland. we've got to put teams away early. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe our staff just scripts these types of dramatic games up. Smh.
Anyway, good game, Jags. Keep getting better.

Soulja we watched the 2nd half together yesterday. I have said over and over that when Central goes 5 wide nobody has been able to stop them. Not West Brook, PA-M, SC, Nederland, PNG. NOBODY!!! But he only uses it when he has to. All he has to do is put Whaley as a slot. Send him in motion to get beside Jaquet when he wants to run the ball. Also having the threat of Jaquet running in the 5 wide set is deadly. This year I don't think there has been a game where we couldn't have scored at least 35 points. He gets conservative in big games, as not to loose. Nothing against the Indians but that game shouldn't have even been close yesterday.

The defense I feel is a playoff defense. Every team we play, Locke should do as he did yesterday and play their best receiver. I like the man up, in your face play by all of the DB's. I don't understand why he takes Donald at LB off the field as much as he does. He is the 2nd leading tackler on the team. But hey I'm not the coach.

Overall, I trust Foreman and his staff. It was only a couple of years ago we were in the district cellar. I feel that at Central that should NEVER be the case with all the talent that walks those halls. He is young in head coaching experience but learning. Yes we are 6-3 but could easily be 9-0. Our 3 losses were by a total of 12 points...