Port Neches-Groves 34 Beaumont Ozen 10/Final

WOSgrad

For clarity on the onside kick penalty by Ozen the reason it was 15 yards was because the Ozen kicker kicked it straight up and not into ground first and PNG player signaled fair catch. At that point PNG player has to be given the oportunity to make the catch in wich he was not as the Ozen player jumped up and caught it first. Smart play by PNG kid. And what Ozen should have done on openning kickoff. Had Ozen Kicker kicked into ground with a high bounce off the turf then you cant fair catch.
Officials got it correct.
On the punt with running into punter, the head Ref signaled that he touched the ball. Not sure if he did or not, but the punt did go off to the left some.

Great Win PNG !!! However, in regards to Ozen the kids played their hearts out including #20 LB Jeremy Harris and many other Panthers.

To the Ozen Coaching staff, you guys continue to put these kids in bad situations to win football games. Your, overall play calling was horrible and we need to spend more time on Special Teams.Every week, we give up the ball in this area.

* Question : Why does it take all night to get a play in ? All 3 first half Time Outs were used,because we simply couldn't get a play off within 25 seconds. Totally Unacceptable !!!

Ozen has to many good athletes to come away with only 16 points in 4 quarters of Football. WAKE UP !!!

It floored me that Ozens kickoff return was not lined up or prepared for the PNG pooch kicks until the second half. If youve seen PNG play you would know this.
It appears the game is passing Suggs by.
But I will also note that some of it was execution. Several open WR missed. That aint coaching.
One thing Ozen did better than anyone we've seen this year is tackle. Them boys hit hard and wrapped up.

It floored me that Ozens kickoff return was not lined up or prepared for the PNG pooch kicks until the second half. If youve seen PNG play you would know this.
It appears the game is passing Suggs by.
But I will also note that some of it was execution. Several open WR missed. That aint coaching.
One thing Ozen did better than anyone we've seen this year is tackle. Them boys hit hard and wrapped up.

@ Badndn - You're absolutely right. The game may be beyond Suggs time. In regards to Receivers being wide open and the QB refusing to throw the ball is exactly what's happens, when your Head Coach decides not to have Summer 7 on 7. There is absolutely no timing or well ran routes as a result of that decision.

It,has also affected our DB's from playing well. Last night several times they were in good position to make a play on the ball, but failed to do so. With the exception of the one pick by #23 Harrington

@ Badndn - You're absolutely right. The game may be beyond Suggs time. In regards to Receivers being wide open and the QB refusing to throw the ball is exactly what's happens, when your Head Coach decides not to have Summer 7 on 7. There is absolutely no timing or well ran routes as a result of that decision.

It,has also affected our DB's from playing well. Last night several times they were in good position to make a play on the ball, but failed to do so. With the exception of the one pick by #23 Harrington

Really......Nederland doesn't do 7 on 7 and we appear to be OK.

Personally, I don't care who does or doesn't participate in 7on 7. The bottom line is it helps build continuity with a QB and his Receivers. We will see what happens to those teams,who speak negatively about 7 on 7 when you get ousted in the playoffs, by a solid teams that does participate in it.

Holla back @ me then when you're one and done come post season play !!! Or at least go two rounds and back home.