UIL approves homefield for 1st round in 6A starting in '15

I disagree with this. playoff games should be at neutral sites.

and 4 teams out of 4,5,6 team districts should not make playoffs.

The NFL has home game playoffs to the higher seeds.

I just think that if UIL is set on 4 teams, then they should at least make winning a district championship worthy. Give the champ a home game for 1st round. Makes sense to me.

I like rewarding the District Champion home field.  It rewards the team for achieving their first goal of the season.  The 4th place team in each district, who should not have made the playoffs anyway, should have to go to the first place team's home field.  It also allows more venues for the other playoff games. 

But it isn't necessarily going to be 1 -v- 4...it could be 1 -v- 2...right? Even within the new alignment there is still a big school / small school split 2 and 2...it does in fact reward the #1 home field regardless...

In 6A and 5A that could be the possibility. The divisions are not split till after regular season is complete. #1 overall could play #2 overall in first round.

In 4A and down, it will always be #1 vs. #4 in first round.

In 6A and 5A that could be the possibility. The divisions are not split till after regular season is complete. #1 overall could play #2 overall in first round.

but a #1 shouldn't lose to a number 4 regardless if it's at home or neutral site. A neutral site to me has been the best case for years

Having played HS ball in Florida, I like that the higher seed gets the home game. That's part of the playoff experience to me. You gotta go on the road and pull off the upset because you're the underdog. I only think neutral site games in the playoffs should happen if the schools are just too far apart. Otherwise, make it a home game.

Thanks, I wasn't certain that 6A/5A were different than 4A down.