HJ vs HF.. who ya got?

HJ wins. HJ defense wont let the Horns score more than 10, if they score at all. I hope HJ can rest their starting backs. Any word on how some of the injuries from Friday night are shaping up?

HF's qb reminds me of Center's. he was able to bust some big runs on the hawks. That being said, center had more weapons than HF, and it took a garbage time TD against second stringers for center to make the score 49-18. HJ's d does a great job of containing speed, especially when they can key in on one guy. But still, I wouldn't be surprised if HF breaks 10 points. I WILL be surprised if the HF defense holds the hawks under 35

Yes it was, we use to call it the cheek bowl. Both teams were pretty good hf getting the nod in most of the games . I think the rivalry started in the mid 70's and heated up in the late 70's and early 80's close defensive games . The 1980 hj team was 8-2 and hamshire was 9-1 the only lost in district to the hawks and hj had one lost in district. I think it came too a coin flip to see who went to the playoffs from 20-3A (i could be wrong ) . Real good defenses back then hj gave up 6.5 points and h-f gave up 9.5 (o field gave up 5.6) tough district and back then only one could go too the playoffs . Great memories!!! Im a hf alumni so you know who im rooting for . I am impressed by hj they play great team ball , they run the ball and play tough defense which in this era is refreshing to see .

Yes it was, we use to call it the cheek bowl. Both teams were pretty good hf getting the nod in most of the games . I think the rivalry started in the mid 70's and heated up in the late 70's and early 80's close defensive games . The 1980 hj team was 8-2 and hamshire was 9-1 the only lost in district to the hawks and hj had one lost in district. I think it came too a coin flip to see who went to the playoffs from 20-3A (i could be wrong ) . Real good defenses back then hj gave up 6.5 points and h-f gave up 9.5 (o field gave up 5.6) tough district and back then only one could go too the playoffs . Great memories!!! Im a hf alumni so you know who im rooting for . I am impressed by hj they play great team ball , they run the ball and play tough defense which in this era is refreshing to see .

Oh yeah. I know HJ can throw the ball, but they rarely do. I'm just curious as to how the defense will hold up against the spread offenses they will see in the playoffs.

I agree and i think that has been the knock last couple of teams from setx area is that they cant defend the spread . I know back in 2012 i didnt think no one was gonna beat WOS until i started seeing highlights of Navasota with that Barker kid at Qb and those wide outs he had and i said i dont think WOS is ready for that and they werent . That year i thought Newton was gonna win state and they had the lead on YOE and then YOE went on a tear . When Nederland played georgetown i knew it was curtains . It should be interesting too see what happens , i see hj getting to the Qtr finals game if they stay healthy .

See I would, but I've been hearing lately that Tatum is god-awful, but only because HJ beat them.  :rolleyes:

yea imagine that.they say all these teams will beat HJ untill HJ wins.then its well they are not as good as last year or whatever..HJ stacks up against the spread very well I think..we get a lot pressure to the qb which gives them no time to let the recievers run their routes. But that's JMO

yea imagine that.they say all these teams will beat HJ untill HJ wins.then its well they are not as good as last year or whatever..HJ stacks up against the spread very well I think..we get a lot pressure to the qb which gives them no time to let the recievers run their routes. But that's JMO

It's been all year. Even if we don't win against WO-S, I hope we at least can take it to OT or within very few points and maybe shut some critics up. But, who knows?

Regionals Qtr or should i say 4 rounds . If hj wins out who would they face in bidistrict?

I asked the same thing earlier. I was wondering if anyone has the playoff bracket so we could see potential match-ups and where we want or don't want to be! LOL!!!

See I would, but I've been hearing lately that Tatum is god-awful, but only because HJ beat them. :rolleyes:

Tatum has a 2-4 record right now. Of course, they might be the only team in the state with three losses to top-10 ranked teams (depending on the poll), and two of those by one score.

It's been all year. Even if we don't win against WO-S, I hope we at least can take it to OT or within very few points and maybe shut some critics up. But, who knows?

I asked the same thing earlier. I was wondering if anyone has the playoff bracket so we could see potential match-ups and where we want or don't want to be! LOL!!!

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/w0ffOz9EEeS00gAmVebEWg/yUAefD9EEeS00gAmVebEWg/football-fall-14/2014-uil-state-football-championships-2014-football-conference-4a-d2-n.htm

Winner of District 9 plays 4th place District 10.  Likely that would be Scarborough.

Second place of District 9 plays Third District 10.  Likely Worthing. 

Third place District 9 plays Second District 10.  Likely Kashmere.

Hamshire or Liberty will play La Marque in the first round.  Ouch!

District 9's third place could see District 9's First place in the third round.  That would mean the third place team would likely have to beat La Grange to make it to that point and First place team would likely have to beat Wharton.

The fourth round of the plays is the State Quarterfinals.  Only 8 teams left in state at that point.

It's possible that district 9's second place team could face either district 9's winner or third place in the state quarterfinals.

I'm assuming some things as far as seeding goes here and I'm sure someone will point that out.  It's still WAY early...