Woodville (4-1)(1-1) @ Kirbyville (5-0)(2-0)

Woodville coming off a tough loss to Buna, 41-6. Kirbyville coming off a win over Anahuac, 28-7.
*deep sigh*
I know the commentary on this one won't be pretty. I'm expecting it. Hopefully Marqui Jackson is back by next Friday. If not, it may get really ugly. I hope Woodville comes out and competes to keep it relatively close.

Woodville 13
Kirbyville 35

:(

Well I must say, I know you can't compare past experiences! But Woodville can be down really bad and always plays kirbyville competitively(take last year as an example)! Kirbyville gonna be to much for the eagles this year but I still think this will be an interesting game! 22-12 kville

Well I must say, I know you can't compare past experiences! But Woodville can be down really bad and always plays kirbyville competitively(take last year as an example)! Kirbyville gonna be to much for the eagles this year but I still think this will be an interesting game! 22-12 kville

Thanks, for believing our boys will play hard. Were we really that down last year? I think we had a lot of internal problems. Our head Coach was made asst. And our asst. Was promoted to Head Coach .(with no prior experience ) All political bull in woodville, be glad your from Warren. For example Warren was 0-20 under a College Coach. New Coach comes in and puts a system in to make the kids successful and Warren won 40-50% of their game. Also beat Woodville two years in a row. Woodville was in the wrong system with the wrong coaches, at the expense of the kids. Didn't go out and hire a new coach just moved coaches around caused total confusion with kids as to who was running what ! Insult to injury to our kids ! We are glad to have Coach Waldie.

The only thing that they were down last yesr was 5 two way starters when district started. FB/OLB, C/DE, TB/FS, 2 Ol/DL. That doesnt even cover the 2 starting inside backers who moved during the summer to lufkin and Colmesneil. They were 2 way starters also. One for lufkin averages 13 tackles a game this year. You put that with a district that was twice as hard last year and you get what you got. Was at kville and anahuac game last year and thought they gave him hell for a bunch of backups!!!

Thanks, for believing our boys will play hard. Were we really that down last year? I think we had a lot of internal problems. Our head Coach was made asst. And our asst. Was promoted to Head Coach .(with no prior experience ) All political bull in woodville, be glad your from Warren. For example Warren was 0-20 under a College Coach. New Coach comes in and puts a system in to make the kids successful and Warren won 40-50% of their game. Also beat Woodville two years in a row. Woodville was in the wrong system with the wrong coaches, at the expense of the kids. Didn't go out and hire a new coach just moved coaches around caused total confusion with kids as to who was running what ! Insult to injury to our kids ! We are glad to have Coach Waldie.

There were definitely internal problems. A lot of them. A lot more than meets the eye as well. The talent was there last year. The coaching wasn't. I think that problem was corrected with the hiring of Waldie. He's a great coach and a great man. And I think he will pay off in a huge way in the next few years. I know some people expect a coach to come in and go undefeated...but that is completely unrealistic for a team that went 2-8 a year ago. Just be patient and it will pay off.

When I say down, internal problems and coaching played a big role. Waldie has the program taking steps in the right direction! Woodville might not make the playoffs this year but people have to realize that four stand up ball clubs are ahead them! Good luck to the eagles this week! By the way I'm not from warren!

Let me get this right...according to y'all, Woodville has the best athletes in the district year in and year out. It has been the coaching and not the players. Well you have the same great players from last year and a great new staff, then y'all should be looking at a run for the district Title.

Okay first, no one said anything about Woodville having the "best" athletes in the district. We simply said that Woodville always has good athletes and that the lack of success did not come from a lack of talent. Stop taking things out of context and read them for what they're meant to mean.
Second, yes, most people do believe that the coaching was the biggest problem we had a year ago. And yes, we do think we've fixed that problem. But it takes TIME and PATIENCE to build a winning culture at any school.