Newton 19 West Orange-Stark 7/Final

WOSgrad

Dear WOS:

If you don't want Coach T, feel free to run him out of WOS and point him in the direction of our school. 

Signed, 

Almost every school in SETX 

What?  No I think we want reflection on how we got beat the last two games.., then how about communicating what the rest of the  coaches need to do to get the team ready , next make a new plan, relay what needs to be done, then finally execute. Simple changes. Resistant to change begins with attitudes.

Two firsts happen with the result off this game. Newton beats WO-S for the first time and for the first time a team loses to Orangefield then the very next week beats WO-S. ;)

Still in shock!

Going to have to do some extra work with my rankings this next week.

Alot of work!!!!!

I read a lot of post about WO-S changing their QB during the game. I am not a Mustang, and even roll my eyes sometimes at their faithful on their passionate postings. However, I do know Jack and have known him for most his life. That young man (sophomore) is a very hard worker. He works hard, is a perfectionist, and doesn't accept anything less than the best from himself and those that play around him. He has had very good numbers throughout the year. One player does not win or lose a game. I just wanted to say if I was coaching I would feel very confident with young Mister Dallas leading my team. Good luck to him and the Mustangs the rest of the year.

What is going on?? We lose a game to Newton(who historically plays us close) and some are saying our coaches are bad? Are QB is bad? How about maybe Newton wanted it more and WOS overlooked them? If I remember correctly, the coaches and the youg QB were the star of this daunted WOS team 2 weeks ago. SMH, jumping off the band wagon. WOS will be fine. Maybe, just maybe, this is what those kids needed to light a fire under their rears and to realize that you have to work just as hard for every game no matter the opponent. Trust me, I know all too well what happens when everyone picks you to demolish teams and hypes you up only to lose to someone that was "unthinkable". They will be fine! Lesson learned! Hats off to Newton. About time yall looked like Newton!! Good luck the rest of the season Eagles

I know you ain't my buddy! And I bleed blue all day everyday! No matter what! Not one time did I say I'm gonna stop backing our boys! I was just giving my honest opinion! Now could we turn it back around and go undefeated in district and make a run at a championship?!? ABSOLUTELY!!!! But we will have to make a lot of adjustments! Sorry for saying your bobcats had a chance this year! Forget I said that! Smh

I know you was giving your opinion and thats ok, I just thought you was a little hard on the mustangs. You know as well as I do they will win more than one district game. Is the mustangs losing to Newton a shock? you bet it is. I thought this game would be ugly as a lot of us did. The expectations are so high for the mustangs every year, sometimes thats a bad thing for the mustang faithful and the kids. Those kids hear and read all this also. Good luck to mustangs the rest of the way, they will turn it around I promise.

Newton enrollmen 296 Wos enrollment 594 per the UIL surely Newton didnt stand a chance to win???? Can we please stop whining about which school has the most students, or players!!!!! I guarantee to u that Newton did not come into this game with an inferiority complex abot who had the most students, or players. THEY EXPECTED TO WIN!!!!! The same goes for making excuses for the QB because he's a sophomore,  he is not average because he's in the 10th grade, he's average because thats what he is!!!!!! Wos has had outstanding sophomore Qb`s & that didnt prevent them from performing at a high level : Rusty Doyle started as a sophomore,  over a senior.  He led wos to their first district championship as a senior,  in a much tougher district. Eric Anderson started as a freshman , had an outstanding career at wos, and lest not forget that Dillion was a sophomore last year & everybody knows what he did!!!!! And please before some people put Thompson on

Mount Rushmore for all of his great decision  making & judgement of talent, lets not forget that he is the same person who insisted that Adrian Peterson play defense & was promptly ran out of town, and he is certainly partly ,if not totally the reason why Dillon is no longer at wos. Not to mention last week having 4 downs to make a total of 3 yards & didnt gain an inch. 4th & 1 & 2nd & 2 for a first down. Everybody knows the plays that were called. Before the attacks come, Im just stating facts, nothing personal,  if it were me, or my own son id say the same thing. Come at me with some facts & objectivity or dont come at all.  By the way i agree with Ladybug 100% people in Orange are resistant to change of ANY kind!!!!!!!

Dillon left because his mother no longer had a job in Orange. She moved to out of town to find work and her son went with her. These are the facts. Coach Thompson left Palestine because the community there did not support him and his demanding way of running a football program. He was there only 1-2 years then left...by HIS own decision. They had one decent season after he left, and in that same season, after Coach T returned to WO-S, we beat Palestine in the playoffs. You know why...Palestine could only beat teams by outscoring them. Our defense kept them down and we won that game. When Coach Thompson went over to shake hands with the Palestine folks, the Principal very reluctantly participated. They made a mistake by not supporting him as their coach. Palestine hasn't been much of team in the years since. Remember Adrian Peterson was an underclassman back then. In fact, I think he was in middle school. My guess is CT would have eventually made him a tailback. 

I will agree with you about what happened in the Foster game. 2nd down and 2 yards to go at the 24 yard line. It was a mistake to run three consecutive passing plays. As for our sophomore QB, he is doing fine. His growth track as a QB has been good and it will continue. Dropped passes have been a much bigger issue than the QB's throws. A recommitment to the running game will help solve much of this, too. 

When I was young when someone criticized me it was fuel for the fire. It made me work harder to prove someone wrong. Later in life I tried that tactic on my son. I realized at that time that all people are not built the same. I asked a coach one time, why cant we treat all the kids the same and her reply was " you cant because all kids respond differently".  It took me a while to understand that and I still don't fully agree but it is what it is. My point is, I use to think by saying negative things it would light a fire in someone. I quickly realized that is not the case with all kids.

I know you was giving your opinion and thats ok, I just thought you was a little hard on the mustangs. You know as well as I do they will win more than one district game. Is the mustangs losing to Newton a shock? you bet it is. I thought this game would be ugly as a lot of us did. The expectations are so high for the mustangs every year, sometimes thats a bad thing for the mustang faithful and the kids. Those kids hear and read all this also. Good luck to mustangs the rest of the way, they will turn it around I promise.

The expectation should be tuned down for a team that has made it out of the region twice in 27 years. There are some weak teams that will be in the region this year maybe WOS will have a chance. They are still one of the best 4A D2 teams in SETX. They may have a shot to win district. 

The Stangs will be fine. CONGRATS TO THE EAGLES! Great game Newton. My personal opinion WOS has to be both physically and mentally tired with the non-district schedule they had played. I think an emotional loss last week to a team that physically kinda beat us down. One reason we play well coached team like Newton is for them to expose our weaknesses so we can correct them come district. Mandel and DT going out early did not help. Make no mistake DT is the leader of this team, huge letdown. Jack is a good QB, but he is still a sophomore, you can't expect him to put the game on his shoulders. You have to have a run game to take the pressure off of him and make it easier for him to manage the game. For the Of and HJ fans, no we will not finish 3rd.

I don't believe anyone from Orangefield has said anything about finishing ahead of WOS in district play, that's mostly been Mustang fans saying that. I believe this loss will only motivate the Stangs to turn things around, they're still the district champs till someone knocks them off.

I don't believe anyone from Orangefield has said anything about finishing ahead of WOS in district play, that's mostly been Mustang fans saying that. I believe this loss will only motivate the Stangs to turn things around, they're still the district champs till someone knocks them off.

Finally someone with lil smart thinking shows up. WOS 1 district loss in how many years? 0 losses ever to OF BC HJ HF Buna Splendora. Notice, ok they down a bit, but teams named png and newton beat wos squads. Separate classes

Dillon left because his mother no longer had a job in Orange. She moved to out of town to find work and her son went with her. These are the facts. Coach Thompson left Palestine because the community there did not support him and his demanding way of running a football program. He was there only 1-2 years then left...by HIS own decision. They had one decent season after he left, and in that same season, after Coach T returned to WO-S, we beat Palestine in the playoffs. You know why...Palestine could only beat teams by outscoring them. Our defense kept them down and we won that game. When Coach Thompson went over to shake hands with the Palestine folks, the Principal very reluctantly participated. They made a mistake by not supporting him as their coach. Palestine hasn't been much of team in the years since. Remember Adrian Peterson was an underclassman back then. In fact, I think he was in middle school. My guess is CT would have eventually made him a tailback.

I will agree with you about what happened in the Foster game. 2nd down and 2 yards to go at the 24 yard line. It was a mistake to run three consecutive passing plays. As for our sophomore QB, he is doing fine. His growth track as a QB has been good and it will continue. Dropped passes have been a much bigger issue than the QB's throws. A recommitment to the running game will help solve much of this, too.

People believe what they want to believe
Enough Said....