Port Neches-Groves 47 Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 20/Final

WOSgrad

Last week, we beat the Baytown Lee Ganders, 56-7. Tonight, we beat the Goose Creek Memorial Patriots, 47-20. I guess the old saying is backwards; what's good for the gander is good for the goose.

Puns aside, I have concerns coming out of this game. Our kicking game was a problem tonight. I'm told that's due in large part to strong winds. I hope that's the case. It also seems like there were a lot of dropped passes tonight. We need to work on that. Most importantly, however, is the injury to Sparks. Prayers for a speedy recovery to him. Here's hoping it's nothing major.

Other than that, we did an awesome job of capitalizing on GCM's turnover's, and we still looked very good statistically despite having an off game. Much to be proud of in this team.

McZeal is inconsistent but he has the potential to be a superstar. The passing game definitely was out of sync after Sparks went out, but Caisen Sullivan and Cole Girouard did a good job in his place. 

Goose Creek Memorial has the potential to be real good on offense but those turnovers are a killer. And I don't think they gave the ball to their two backs enough (No. 21 and 7). Their passing game is okay, won't scare anybody though.

PN-G didn't look as good this week as last, but GCM is better than Lee. They did allow GCM to get a lot of pressure on the extra points. But overall, they did what a good team is supposed to do tonight. Shaping up good for the top 3 teams in the district.

Defense played awesome till they gave up a 35 yard run up the damn middle on a qb sneak. Am I the only one disgusted that the middle line backer and a safety choked on a easy play. Crazy call by their coach but was effective. Hope sparks is ok, but I will say the hit of the night was LeJune smashing that wideout who came out across the middle and got blowed up, it was a hell of a collission. ALL I heard was they were gonna run the option to #7. They did run it one time, but that was it, threw it more than I expected them to. Came out totally different then I expected. Good game with the exception of the wind. Will say this there is a defineate problem in our kicking game, extra points giving us problems with blocking, smh

Yes he does!!! He get's lazy at times and doesn't put forth the effort. Kid has all the potential to be a great receiver, but he walks around like Igor at times.

hopefully him getting in the endzone tonight shakes off the young rust, he can be a dominate WR this yr as a soph imo.

Just left. Sparks was on the sidelines for the rest of the game. They had brought a stretcher but he didn't go to hospital. Also thought we lost Halfin but he was back in 2nd half.

Stretcher was not for him. And Halfin had a, well...rather nasty injury for any MAN. This is why he came back in later. Rubbed some dirt on 'em.