Port Neches-Groves 47 Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 20/Final

WOSgrad

liltex, have you seen Central Play?

Twice vs SC & GCM,I think you gonna ask what I think bout Jags=real good speed,real explosive offense if they'd speed up playcallin.They have some troubles w/discipline/for as stopping a good run game & give up chunks of yds.I know it's early yet but now if they played PNG I'd take PNG by 10 @ home by 6 @Butch

Long's record came in a 16 game season. Assuming a roughly equal distribution for each game, Long wouldn't have hit the 1500 yard mark until game 7 and he wouldn't have hit 17 touchdowns until game 9. Doty's record came in a 13 game season. Under the same assumption, he wouldn't hit 17 touchdowns until game 6. Both Long and Doty set those records in the senior year. Morse is only a junior.

Kudos to that kid. Well on his way to outperforming the two best quarterbacks in PN-G history.

PNG wins district if my opinion carries any wait. I even told a very good friend of mine named Toby Foreman last night because he asked me to be honest what I thought a score would be for PNG and Central and I said PNG 35-24. PNG is so balanced on offense and the defense in Faircloth's own words "has played better than the offense." 

Now if Central won I wouldn't be shocked by any means but PNG to me right now is the best team in the district. When your only loss is to a team named WOS, you have my vote.

How about we try and remember that the kids are why we are on here and do our best to avoid calling out the players. I am willing to bet he is putting forth effort to do his best.

Agree, not really calling him out. The kid is going to be a top player. He is young and will do nothing but improve. All the kids did well. The one's that stepped in for hurt players really did great. We have got to stay healthy!

He will be great WR. Last night it seemed he tried to make the big play without the ball, gotta catch the ball kiddo is what I am sure coaches told him. The PNG WR coaches might be doing one of the best coaching jobs this year. With coaching and time the game will slow down for him. He will soon really he has the ability to not have to press and just let the play happen and his talent will take over without him even knowing it.

(Good lord I am full of good knowledge today if I must say so.)

Long's record came in a 16 game season. Assuming a roughly equal distribution for each game, Long wouldn't have hit the 1500 yard mark until game 7 and he wouldn't have hit 17 touchdowns until game 9. Doty's record came in a 13 game season. Under the same assumption, he wouldn't hit 17 touchdowns until game 6. Both Long and Doty set those records in the senior year. Morse is only a junior.

Kudos to that kid. Well on his way to outperforming the two of the best quarterbacks in PN-G history.

Small edit PN-G Bamakid.  Richy Ethridge would have something to say about being the best QB at PN-G.  He went 24-2, collected a state championship as a JR, went back to the semi-finals as a SR, and he could run with the ball or throw it down field with the best of the best.  Ethridge and Long are 1 and 1a; or switch them around it does not matter to me.  I'd take both in a heartbeat.  Long was a better passer statistically, but PN-G did not throw the ball much in 1975-1976.  Morse reminds me of Richy Ethridge...same type of body build and movement in the pocket to avoid the chaos of a rush.  Morse throws lasers when he has to on crossing routes, but his strength is the long ball.  He throws one of the best long balls I've seen in a long time...he puts air under it and with our WRs it is a catchable ball.  He is getting more and more comfortable with what he is doing, playing smart and throwing the ball away when the play is not there, and making his reads.  He is becoming like D. Long in the sense that he is looking off the # 1 WR and throwing to the 2nd and 3rd read.  Can't say enough about #10, #8, #26, and #11 at WR.  If you throw the ball to #10, he catches it...same with #8.  The difference is #10 has some wheels to take any pass to the end zone.

Small edit PN-G Bamakid.  Richy Ethridge would have something to say about being the best QB at PN-G.  He went 24-2, collected a state championship as a JR, went back to the semi-finals as a SR, and he could run with the ball or throw it down field with the best of the best.  Ethridge and Long are 1 and 1a; or switch them around it does not matter to me.  I'd take both in a heartbeat.  Long was a better passer statistically, but PN-G did not throw the ball much in 1975-1976.  Morse reminds me of Richy Ethridge...same type of body build and movement in the pocket to avoid the chaos of a rush.  Morse throws lasers when he has to on crossing routes, but his strength is the long ball.  He throws one of the best long balls I've seen in a long time...he puts air under it and with our WRs it is a catchable ball.  He is getting more and more comfortable with what he is doing, playing smart and throwing the ball away when the play is not there, and making his reads.  He is becoming like D. Long in the sense that he is looking off the # 1 WR and throwing to the 2nd and 3rd read.  Can't say enough about #10, #8, #26, and #11 at WR.  If you throw the ball to #10, he catches it...same with #8.  The difference is #10 has some wheels to take any pass to the end zone.

I should have added an asterisk. When I was referring to the best quarterbacks, I was referring to the quarterbacks with the best passing statistics. Etheridge, as you said, played in an era when the ball didn't leave the ground much, so he wouldn't be included in that comparison. But that certainly doesn't take from his success overall.