Texans at Cowboys- Predictions

We will see just how good the Dallas offensive line is against J.J. Watt and company.  It amazes me how sports broadcasters jump on and off the bandwagon.  Dallas is exactly who we think they are until they make the playoffs and win a couple of playoff games.  Houston by 3.

it's not like the texans are some really good playoff team.  they're coming off a 2-14 season and have a mediocre qb.  Dallas could be exactly who YOU think you are and still win by two touchdowns.

realistically, the cowboys have a much better offense, and the Texans have a much better defense.  that being said, the cowboys generally put up numbers against everyone.  there aren't too many games where they're held under 20, regardless of the opponent.  in the past, they've lost games because 30 points wasn't enough to win, or they had no running game to run out the clock up 10 in the 4th.  Dallas' defense has actually been pretty good this year, and regardless of what you say about the Aints, that was an impressive performance to hold them to 17.  The houston offense is nowhere near the caliber of the saints (or the 49ers, who the D also played pretty well against), so this matchup will come down to how well the Houston D holds the cowboys offense in check.  I can see them getting pressure and creating some turnovers, but i don't see them keeping dallas under 24. Even when they do get some stops, Fitzpatrick is liable to throw the ball back to them once or twice.  If that's the case, it's up to Houston to put some points on the board, and in 4 games against mediocre teams, they've only broken 17 once (not counting JJ's defensive TD).  Year in and year out, Dallas has consistently been 8-8 DESPITE the fact that their defense has given up ridiculous amounts of points.  The offense has carried them, and this year the offense is much more balanced, with the BEST rushing attack in the league, which is making things easier for Romo to work as well.  So in review, the offense is better than last year, and so is the defense.  The Texans have a solid defense, but an average offense that does not light up the scoreboard.  Identical records, weak schedules, with Dallas having played a slightly tougher schedule.  I honestly believe Dallas wins this one.  I'm not knocking the Texans, I just think that Dallas is better suited to putting up more than 20 points against a good defense than Houston is to coming out on top in a game that might take 30 to win.

Texans 28

cowboys 17

It could happen, but they gave up 17 to the bills, and 30 to the giants... Dallas is lightyears ahead of Buffalo, and saying theyre better than the giants is a pretty easy argument, and playing at home.  Also, Houston is ranked 24th in the NFL against the run, 14th against the pass, despite having played nobody near the caliber of how Murray is playing, and only one QB that could even be argued to be as good as romo (i might take Manning if it was 2010).  But these are the types of games where with it being a state matchup, anything can happen.

it's not like the texans are some really good playoff team.  they're coming off a 2-14 season and have a mediocre qb.  Dallas could be exactly who YOU think you are and still win by two touchdowns.

And the year before they were 12-4 with a mediocre qb, with a playoff win.

And the year before they were 12-4 with a mediocre qb, with a playoff win.

And? Two years ago the redskins were a playoff team. Do I judge them on that or on last year? Seems like last season is more relevant. My point was that he acted like the cowboys being "who he thought they were" meant that the Texans were going to win. Who we've known the cowboys to be for the past several years is still a team that is more than good enough to beat the texans. Although it would've been impossible to be as bad as last year, I don't think Houston is anywhere near the team they were two years ago. Both teams look improved from last year, but an improved 8-8 team is the likely winner over an improved 2-14 team.

Ryan Fitzpatrick makes too many mistakes and Romo's have been limited by an emphasis on the run game. The Cowboys' underrated defense will shine again as Murray and Company use ball control to shorten the game and keep the defense fresh.. I'll take Dallas 27-17.

Sounds like a solid analysis. But with these 3 teams, who freakin knows!

One thing I have learned from years of having to watch Dallas, the refs give their O-line a lot of breaks on holding calls.

...and if their hangnail blows in the wind it is a false start. The only reason that play made a replay is because of Watt. Try watching the Texans block the Boys. Same freakin thing.