Is STJFL the issue or the Parents

Bobcat101

There are usually a few teams in the league that are "stacked" and you can attribute dad's getting with other dad's and coaching together and it just so happens their two kids are beasts. Then you have two kids whos mom's said they couldnt play football UNLESS they are on coach so and so's team because he is going to bring them to practice every day and that is the only way he can get to practice..and that all happened by a phone call to the other coaches so they wont pick that kid in the draft because if you do they wont be able to play...we are really doing a favor to the kid and the parents...i dont think the kid is gonna be very good anyhow so it really doesnt matter(if ya know what I mean) .then you draft 4 good kids the year before as underage guys and bite the bullet for this season but they are stud young boys who next year will be all first rounders.....so now your going into the draft with practically your entire starting offense and defefense besides a few lineman kids and lets face it...those 8 kids you automatically got are the ones that are gonna play from kickoff till the whistle blows anyhow. this is why you have teams blowing out other teams.

The only way to TRUELY stop it is ...The only kid who can be on your team is one coaches son. Every other slot on the team is drawn out of a hat randomly. The coach gets help at practice from parent on the team. Thats the only way you will ever even up odds in youth sports.

Again...this in itself is the problem. Youre stating the problem may be the WEAK COACHES???? I remind you...none of these guys are really coaches. Every once in awhile you get a guy who used to be a junior high coach or something along those lines but these guys are DADS who are offering their time....most the time it's the only men or women who would volunteer....so when you have people including parents...other coaches....league officials or fans labeling the issue as WEAK COACHES....there is where it goes wrong. They arent coaches...none of them...they are doing the best they can do and your expectations are too high. They shouldnt be held to any kind of expectation other than making sure the kids have fun...learn the BASICS of football and stay as safe as possible. Every team that has ever played in the STJFL have leanred the bare basics of football no matter what their record may have been. So the problem is everyone needs to lower their expectations to a level that doesnt involve anything outside of fun, football and learning. Its when the parents and coaches who are consumed with themselves raise it to such a competitive level that it goes south.

BTW Lamar1996 and whisperer if you do indeed donate your time to these kids and coach...Thank you. It doesnt matter what the scoreboard says.

Nope never coached football before....I leave that to the Guidry brothers, they take a lot of time showing these boys how to play the game. All I coach is little league baseball and I love every minute of it. Good comment though to all the other coaches out there taking the time.

Glazer clinics are free to youth coaches and I attend several of them a year so to get better educated doesn't cost a penny. Sounds like you might be one of those coaches that should check one out. Just saying

If your the example....based on our post......well.....

Besides, I have never claimed to be a coach.....pay attention

Attorneys ready, local news ready and Bmt ready!! Let's Go!!

I'm guessing no Lamar, No PNG Stadium and maybe even no playoffs cause since STJF is a non profit league, they will have to take a loan of to hire an attorney also.

There goes the neighborhood. Wrap this football season up after Saturday. I hope everyone enjoys your last game this weekend.

THREAD TOPIC ANSWERED.

Y'all honestly think I want to play with y'all on the heat after all these attacks on the board this yr. please man. Brady u owe me a dinner and for saving your organization from folding up and losing due to lack of talent! Man please lol

Sh.......................................

I got your dinner for sure. No question there. But what do you mean you saved my organization from folding?

I'm guessing no Lamar, No PNG Stadium and maybe even no playoffs cause since STJF is a non profit league, they will have to take a loan of to hire an attorney also.

There goes the neighborhood. Wrap this football season up after Saturday. I hope everyone enjoys your last game this weekend.

THREAD TOPIC ANSWERED.

Why does that surprise you? Did you expect them not too? Look at their behavior and actions over the last few years! Lawyers are in their family if I'm not mistaken! This is why people should have thought everything through a lil further before handing out a penalty that could somehow hurt the entire league! Believe me I'm not saying that I agree with everything that they have done over the years but one thing that I have learned from my new position in town is that every decision must be thorough for it will affect you and others for years! Sad sad sad I hate to hear this is happening

Marie good coaches are hard to find.  Texas football all divisions its tough.  Programs are hard to put into place.  I give all coaches that volunteer good or bad my 100% support.  My kids have been on both sides of the ball, its ok, we just have to keep kids pointed north and get better.  Not scoring is part of the game.  Sealy, Texas won i think 5 state champ in a row in 3a High School football.  It sucked to be in there district.  

I understand that not scoring is part of the game, but at this level it would seem to me if I where the Coach Rep and saw weekend after weekend that 11 teams on average cannot even get 1 single TD something has to be wrong. Your reference to Sealy is dumb ,  but just so you know they are referred to as TITLE TOWN. However let's say BMT since they are the ones getting singled out based on 2 10 yr old kids that are playing up. BMT did develop their kids starting at the Flag level  and keep those teams/ coaches together as they progressed thru the league. I  can tell you this much with the 2 BMT Sr coaches working with these kids the STJFL Board would want to ban the entire BMT organization. So how about this for a bright idea have a board that are not coaches, if you look at the board i believe everyone of them are a coach other than the lady from BMT. I am sure there are a number of qualified dad/moms that can set on the board. While we are on the subject of the board and you may know the answer or you may not why on the STJFL web site there is nothing about the monthly board meetings? I would love to attend a meeting, seems like the board would want as much parent involvment as possible.

You know Marie, my example about Seal is not Dumb because that is a personal experience that i had when a was a youth getting beat in Area Playoffs every year while i was in H.S.  No body protested the Sealy coach and said they are to good and life is not fair.  We work hard to try to get better and we came up short every year.  Its called life.  Lumberton started all of this and it is sad.  If you have to pull game tape and sharpen your pencil and go through each play and say number 99 he not suppose to be there, its sad, very sad, and I'm very disappointed.

You know Marie, my example about Seal is not Dumb because that is a personal experience that i had when a was a youth getting beat in Area Playoffs every year while i was in H.S.  No body protested the Sealy coach and said they are to good and life is not fair.  We work hard to try to get better and we came up short every year.  Its called life.  Lumberton started all of this and it is sad.  If you have to pull game tape and sharpen your pencil and go through each play and say number 99 he not suppose to be there, its sad, very sad, and I'm very disappointed.

Finally you see what I am seeing it is LUMBERTON and who is STJFL President? That is why this  guy has to step down, this could have been fixed after last year because it was bound to happen again. Except this year not only in SR did  it happened , it also happened in Jr and the LUMBERTON base has started the file on the Ned W coach. So next year when all those kids move up and he is coaching what you think will happen when he beats Lumberton/ Port Arthur  like a drum?  i also see your point about Sealy and understand so I retract my statement, see that is what adults do admit when they are wrong and move on.

Some have a real hard on for LUMBERTON. I don't agree with the severity of the punishment either but if rules were broken what's all the crying about. Somebody had to make a decision and they made it.  Adults should know this, and it seems like it's always the same adults having the issues.

Your kids have a good league to play in don't ruin it! It's always easy to blame the people at the top and pile on.

When this President steps down why don't some of these people with all the answers step up and be the President.  Because whoever the President is they will have to deal with the same problems but it will be a brand new group of coaches and parents causing them.

Get over it and enjoy watching your kids play the rest of the season.