Is STJFL the issue or the Parents

Bobcat101

That is starting and stirring up the pot because I don't see it your way come on man obviously something was done wrong or it wouldn't have happen Lum is not the only vote. There are people from all over the league that saw the Video and were in agreement that it was time for him to go. You guys are the ones that turn it Into all this and that. Stirring the Pot lol that is funny I thought that was what u were doing! ITS ON FILM (JAG ) and they all watched it and he was suspended before for this same thing. Then you come on here and turn it into they don't want your kids playing and that is far from the truth you guys are the problem not your kids! I know you no who I am what does that matter I'm just not seeing it your way so u guys attack me so go ahead!

Well said.......

here we go again.....

I say let the STJFL (more than just one vote as Whisperer said) handle it.  Then the head coach can explain to the kids and parents what happened.

Ok, so here it goes. I don't post on here that much anymore for several reasons. Not because it's not fun, exciting and interesting, because it really is! It's mostly because, well, I'm so smart that lots of these rants on these threads make little sense. And the spelling, grammar, run-on sentences, etc. Deplorable at best! Still, I find that by turning my back to the literacy issues in addition to the topics that so very much need addressed by my common sense and intelligence is doing EVERYONE a disservice.

So, once again, I will give the best advice I have to offer. SHUT UP! Lol.

That is starting and stirring up the pot because I don't see it your way come on man obviously something was done wrong or it wouldn't have happen Lum is not the only vote. There are people from all over the league that saw the Video and were in agreement that it was time for him to go. You guys are the ones that turn it Into all this and that. Stirring the Pot lol that is funny I thought that was what u were doing! ITS ON FILM (JAG ) and they all watched it and he was suspended before for this same thing. Then you come on here and turn it into they don't want your kids playing and that is far from the truth you guys are the problem not your kids! I know you no who I am what does that matter I'm just not seeing it your way so u guys attack me so go ahead!

Correction he was never suspended because he was never the head coach. Get your facts correct first pleae. So IF (and I do mean if because we have film too) he did violate the mercy rule he should get the same punishment the Nederland coaches did. In my opinion..

Whisper i don't have a clue about who you are.  What exactly is Lumberton so upset about?  I did not say anything about ya'll not wanting the kids to play.  Please tell me the complaint Lumberton has?   No one is attacking you.  The second half of the game, did the clock run?  Why would you pass toward the end of the game?  Why would you throw a pass toward one of the best defense backs on the field?  The last two turn overs should have never happened if they ran the ball.  I have not watched the tape, i was there.  

Sorry SmashMouth not as smart as you I'm a college drop out.  You must be an english teacher.  lol

You are  never going to settle anything regarding this topic on here.  There are disagreements of what the rules are, and what the rules should be.  There is also disagreement of what the punishment should be if a coach does anything wrong.  You name it, from rules, to proper investigation, to how they are interpreted and enforced are all up for debate.  Bottom line is I hate to see the coaches and league go through all of this.  Hopefully this will all be behind us soon.  I am ready for some fun poking and prodding on another subject.

I agree mostly what you posted.  Why protest?  It you have to pic apart game tape on the other team, spend that time making your organization better instead worry about other teams.  I'm not a coach, board member, Im just a parent on the outside.  In all sports that we play, we don't worry about team x and what they do.  If we lose, I look at my son and say we need to get better.  I will throw baseballs to my son till i can't do it anymore.  I don't say hey the pitcher is too good and we need to get is coach thrown out of the organization.

Its all about the kids.

I agree mostly what you posted.  Why protest?  It you have to pic apart game tape on the other team, spend that time making your organization better instead worry about other teams.  I'm not a coach, board member, Im just a parent on the outside.  In all sports that we play, we don't worry about team x and what they do.  If we lose, I look at my son and say we need to get better.  I will throw baseballs to my son till i can't do it anymore.  I don't say hey the pitcher is too good and we need to get is coach thrown out of the organization.

Its all about the kids.

I also agree with what you say, however do you realize there are 44 teams going into week 5 that have played a game and been shutout. Some of them more than once, so the question i have is, what are  the board and local associations doing about these WEAK COACHES ? Because you would think the time and effort would be even greater  to get these guys better educated so that we will not see so many GOOSE Eggs on the score board. So just  going on averages there are 11 teams will not score this weekend.  I am sure the guy from port arthur (lamar1996) and the want to be coach ( whisperer) will have something classic to say.

I also agree with what you say, however do you realize there are 44 teams going into week 5 that have played a game and been shutout. Some of them more than once, so the question i have is, what are  the board and local associations doing about these WEAK COACHES ? Because you would think the time and effort would be even greater  to get these guys better educated so that we will not see so many GOOSE Eggs on the score board. So just  going on averages there are 11 teams will not score this weekend.  I am sure the guy from port arthur (lamar1996) and the want to be coach ( whisperer) will have something classic to say.

Some of these "weak coaches" you speak of have been coaching for a long time and have wining records. If you draft to the rules, you will not have a super bowl team every year, but hopefully a team that makes it to the playoff's most of the time. Marie, as far as getting the coaches better educated, maybe we should lower their pay and send them to coaching school......oh wait, they don't get paid....... :o  :o

Again...this in itself is the problem. Youre stating the problem may be the WEAK COACHES???? I remind you...none of these guys are really coaches. Every once in awhile you get a guy who used to be a junior high coach or something along those lines but these guys are DADS who are offering their time....most the time it's the only men or women who would volunteer....so when you have people  including parents...other coaches....league officials or fans labeling the issue as WEAK COACHES....there is where it goes wrong. They arent coaches...none of them...they are doing the best they can do and your expectations are too high. They shouldnt be held to any kind of expectation other than making sure the kids have fun...learn the BASICS of football and stay as safe as possible. Every team that has ever played in the STJFL have leanred the bare basics of football no matter what their record may have been. So the problem is everyone needs to lower their expectations to a level that doesnt involve anything outside of fun, football and learning. Its when the parents and coaches who are consumed with themselves raise it to such a competitive level that it goes south.

BTW Lamar1996 and whisperer if you do indeed donate your time to these kids and coach...Thank you. It doesnt matter what the scoreboard says.

I agree 100% for a dad or mom to donate their time to spend with their son or daughter is great. Teaching kids the fundamentals and to learn to love the game is what is most important. But my statement is how after 4 weeks do we have so many teams not score in a game. I know there are a lot of good guys out there doing their best , but for the league to spend so much time and effort reviewing games and suspending coaches for taking the extra effort to learn or work with their kids to me seems crazy. Instead of lowering ones expectations how about we set EGOS aside and if you need some advice from a Veteran coach ask for it. Not all these guys are bad I know for a fact there are a number that would help someone. And I know some guys can not afford or take a trip to a free clinic but I am sure if they reached out to those that do they would share what they learned. I would think Hawk05 would, so again I agree with you and maybe the label WEAK was to harsh so I will retract that .

I still beat you Internet / clinic coach ! With my STAFF!

Sh..............

You cant do it in basketball so how can you do it in football. Youre a daddy ball coach and thats why you dont play with any team out of Nederland because they dont care for you!!! Thats real talk, maybe chuck and brady can thank you for SETX Heat not having any players from the BMT area this year. Sorry brady but you need to get rid of that wanna be!!!

Marie good coaches are hard to find.  Texas football all divisions its tough.  Programs are hard to put into place.  I give all coaches that volunteer good or bad my 100% support.  My kids have been on both sides of the ball, its ok, we just have to keep kids pointed north and get better.  Not scoring is part of the game.  Sealy, Texas won i think 5 state champ in a row in 3a High School football.  It sucked to be in there district.  

Once again get the facts straight, Coach Anderson has never been suspended nor has he been on any type of probation. Coach Rivers has been suspended for a rules violation two years ago and last year he was suspended for the spirit of the rule. Coach Rivers was the head Coach those two years, so this year Coach Rivers was a late signup so he became an assistant coach and Anderson stepped in to be the head coach. In all of Rivers Suspensions no assiatant coach was ever repemanded!! So get the facts straight, Coach Anderson is a 7 yr coach and 1 yr head coach so why is he being targeted to be thrown out for two years. secondly everyone has not saw the film, people voted that has not even viewed a violation in a film, since you know it all!!! Just be fair. Nederland has a first year coach that violated the spirit of the rule and he got a two game suspension which is crap so whats the difference. Coach Anderson should not be tied in with Coach Rivers past history in the STJFL, hes no longer the  head Coach!!! Hes an assistant that bowls on Mondays, daughter plays varsity volleyball on Tuesdays, and he attends every sub varsity game on Thursdays, saying all that to say hes not even at many practices. Hes just a weekend coach. LOL

You cant do it in basketball so how can you do it in football. Youre a daddy ball coach and thats why you dont play with any team out of Nederland because they dont care for you!!! Thats real talk, maybe chuck and brady can thank you for SETX Heat not having any players from the BMT area this year. Sorry brady but you need to get rid of that wanna be!!!

And this is why you guys are on the edge of getting kick out of stjfl I don't agree with you and this is what I get? Your an idiot and Ive already told Anderson I want be back over there with the heat. So let that rest. You don't know nothing abt me! i had a hard couple of yrs with close family members lost 7 to be exact and a nasty divorce. That is why I didn't coach and jr did want to play this yr! I love coaching football and have plenty of friends and supporters. People that really know me know I'm just joking around on here and they jab back but not bmt sense y'all have found out who I am it has been nothing but attacks. I love the game of football played it all my life absolutely love to coach the kids and they love me (it's only you guys) Ask me if I give a crap what you think and ill tell ya I don't care. Bring on the verbal attacks but I have honestly never attacked y'all. As long as everybody is bashing who y

And this is why you guys are on the edge of getting kick out of stjfl I don't agree with you and this is what I get? Your an idiot and Ive already told Anderson I want be back over there with the heat. So let that rest. You don't know nothing abt me! i had a hard couple of yrs with close family members lost 7 to be exact and a nasty divorce. That is why I didn't coach and jr did want to play this yr! I love coaching football and have plenty of friends and supporters. People that really know me know I'm just joking around on here and they jab back but not bmt sense y'all have found out who I am it has been nothing but attacks. I love the game of football played it all my life absolutely love to coach the kids and they love me (it's only you guys) Ask me if I give a crap what you think and ill tell ya I don't care. Bring on the verbal attacks but I have honestly never attacked y'all. As long as everybody is bashing who y

You are bash you are ok but as soon as someone disagrees this is how u act and there lyes the damn problem y'all not the kids y'all!

You are bash you are ok but as soon as someone disagrees this is how u act and there lyes the damn problem y'all not the kids y'all!

Getting kicked out of the league is not a problem to me, theres obstacles in every facet of life and this is just one. The same things you went through, you survived so will we.