Is STJFL the issue or the Parents

Bobcat101

It is my understanding that both STJFL and Lone Star football leagues are both recreational league and as recreational leagues, they try to keep it competitive with rules and code of conducts for players and coaches.

However, if you have such a dominant team or a world class 12 year player that scores a Touchdown each and every time he touches the ball, I ask you this question.

Why would you waste your time with these little league organizations??? There are plenty of select football teams that would love to have your son or team. Bmt Bulls or Black Diamonds come to mind.

If you have a 6'5" 13 year old son/daughter basketball player what "benefit" would they be getting playing in Little Dribblers? There are Elite/Premier select basketball teams that travel all over the country to play better competition. I know The Heat or Ballhawks would love to have them.

If you have a 13 year old baseball player that throws 80 mph, what benefit are you doing to your son to put him in a local "Little League" where he will dominate the competition. There are local Premier Baseball team that travel all over the country to play higher caliber ball. I know the Banditos would love to have them.

So if your son or daughter is making straight A's in all their Basic Classes, you as a parent should bump him/her up to honors and challenge them.

So, stop wasting your child's or super teams talent and time and you should leave these local "Little League" football organizations and join these premier football teams that will make your child better.

These "Open" leagues allow your son or team to score or win by a 100 points with no problems.

So go Premier, Unless your looking to get a bumper sticker that says "My Child makes Straight A's in remedial Classes".

If these local little league are so terrible then go select. I know select baseball is slowly killing little league national program.

I hear all this talk and see all these posts....geeez....you guys sound like politicians making a big issue of something so simple as winning by a large margin, let me educate you!

1. if you are that much better than everyone else (which Nederland white and black are) you have a great opportunity to not only win but to teach children respect for others.

2. never put in jeopardy winning a game however when its 28-0 you ARE going to win that game. put in your second team on offense AND DEFENSE. 

3. I see a lot of these teams changing backfields BUT NOT O LINE AND D LINE. duhhhhhh

4. if you continue to score with second team go to third. (everyone has a kid or two who would love to run the ball but will NEVER have a chance except for in this league and maybe this yr. (put in a play, shotgun snap and run to 12345667or 8 hole. (its not rocket science)

5. by doing this you are teaching the children great sportsmanship, and kindness for others. as well as making memories for those few kids that get to run the ball. 

THE KIDS ON THESE TWO TEAMS HEAR ALL THE HOOPLA AND SUCH FROM THIS TOPIC ....I CANT BELIEVE THE COACHES HAVE LET IT GET TO THIS INSTEAD OF USING IT AS A TEACHING TOOL AS I EXPLAINED ABOVE...SHAME ON U.......IF YOU CANT FIGURE IT OUT CALL ME AND I WILL GLADLY COME COACH THAT TALENTED GROUP OF YOUNG MEN...THEY WILL WIN AND LEARN HOW TO BE GREAT CITIZENS AND PEOPLE AND TO RESPECT THE GAME AND THEIR OPPONENT!!!!!

Whodat78, change your name to Fruitloop!  Do you have any idea what the dominant teams from PNG peewee, Bmt senior, Ned jr are doing.  Do you have any idea that they are playing 2nd and 3rd string line and backs in 2nd quarter forward.  I think your first line says it all, "I hear all these post".  Go see what they do.  Oh my, people like you are clueless.  I agree just follow the rules!!!!!  But the STJFL also has to uniformly enforce them or at least have rules in place that coaches know, instead of being arbitrary.  I assume you are one of those that is just happy to get a trophy at the end of the year. 

Talk to one of those winning coaches that really prepares their players and actually teaches football, maybe they will give you a few pointers so you can see how it is done. 

Whisperer, Fruitloop needs the clueless award for the year.

Love theses post but I've said all that before they don't get it they just want to keep talking abt how awesome they are and it can't be helped. It blows my mind and I'm not talking just abt Bmt.. Game scoring can be controlled without telling them to get down or run out of bounds or punting on 1st down OR kneeling the ball. I can't believe some of the crap I have been hearing. You as a coach can control the game without letting the kids know and do these things it's explained above reread if you need to.

Different group Of kids and compitition hawks you know that and yes I am a Super Bowl flapper. I can remember a yr you coach the groups I always had to coach and you didn't win a game ?? See that is abt the same thing you are trying to say! Take a good coach can make a less talented team be 5oo but anybody can win with y'all's talent don't Deni that I'm not saying you are not a good coach at all because you guys are I just know football and your offense can be stopped with equal or abt equal talent. You can go on and on on my record. I get it!

Sh..........:

Whodat78, change your name to Fruitloop!  Do you have any idea what the dominant teams from PNG peewee, Bmt senior, Ned jr are doing.  Do you have any idea that they are playing 2nd and 3rd string line and backs in 2nd quarter forward.  I think your first line says it all, "I hear all these post".  Go see what they do.  Oh my, people like you are clueless.  I agree just follow the rules!!!!!  But the STJFL also has to uniformly enforce them or at least have rules in place that coaches know, instead of being arbitrary.  I assume you are one of those that is just happy to get a trophy at the end of the year. 

Talk to one of those winning coaches that really prepares their players and actually teaches football, maybe they will give you a few pointers so you can see how it is done. 

Whisperer, Fruitloop needs the clueless award for the year.

This post is what's wrong with some people........

There are some senior coaches, 2 in particular) who has been coaching in this league for well over 10 years. They have brought teams to the Superbowl and won and never had an issue controlling the score.  They have had good teams and bad teams, but somehow managed to coach most every year to the playoff's.

We need discussions not excuses..... 

whisperer, chirpy, great post!

there are coaches that know how to control the game.  In other words, they know how not to score.  That is not what the freaking rule says.   Obviously teams can do that, but that is not what the rules say do nor the board says do.  If that is what they want, just say it.  can you at least see that point.  I can explain it to you, I just can't understand it for you.

I think its an issue of BradyB filming my game last week in Jasper hahahaha

Was that you BradyB or did you send one of your minions to do your filming????

My wife said she thought it was you, I wanted to at least say hello! I hope yall have a great concession stand next week I'll be Hongry after that long drive!!!!!

whisperer, chirpy, great post!
there are coaches that know how to control the game. In other words, they know how not to score. That is not what the freaking rule says. Obviously teams can do that, but that is not what the rules say do nor the board says do. If that is what they want, just say it. can you at least see that point. I can explain it to you, I just can't understand it for you.

If every organization tried to write a rule for every situation for every "Coach/Lawyer", the rule book with be terabytes big.

Just like society, you can't legislate morality. STJFL nor the Government can be at every corner, sometimes you have to govern yourself.

If not STJF or the Government will get complaints of being a "Police" state.

So I have a corvette, limit is 55 mph. But the cop gives me a ticket for driving 55 mph because the road conditions in his opinion are unsafe.

Who would say, "Officer, I have a Vett that goes 210 mph, how can I tell it not to speed. "

I would suggest for you to take your vett off the "public roads" and take yourself to Baytown and run with the big Dogs.

If every organization tried to write a rule for every situation for every "Coach/Lawyer", the rule book with be terabytes big.

Just like society, you can't legislate morality. STJFL nor the Government can be at every corner, sometimes you have to govern yourself.

If not STJF or the Government will get complaints of being a "Police" state.

So I have a corvette, limit is 55 mph. But the cop gives me a ticket for driving 55 mph because the road conditions in his opinion are unsafe.

Who would say, "Officer, I have a Vett that goes 210 mph, how can I tell it not to speed. "

I would suggest for you to take your vett off the "public roads" and take yourself to Baytown and run with the big Dogs.

Hunch?

My wife said she thought it was you, I wanted to at least say hello! I hope yall have a great concession stand next week I'll be Hongry after that long drive!!!!!

You just may have spotted the whisperer who knows "he is everywhere"

Sh............

I personally, do not have a dog (pun intended) in this fight. However, I will say this:

Fact of the matter is, no one knows the whole story regarding this issue. Everything that is being said on this forum is opinions only. No one on this site was on the field and heard what each coach (from both sides) and the refs discussed. Not one person knows what the Nederland White Coaches were thinking regarding scoring that day, and that includes the STJFL Board.

Rules are put into place to ensure equal opportunity, not equal outcomes. If you are going to enforce an “ethics” rule, then do so in a clear and definite manner and across the board, none of this case by case baloney. Investigate better and make the rules less subjective.

This is football people; you win some, you lose some. These kids are upset no matter if the score is 60-0 or 39-0; a loss is a loss. All athletes (and parents for that matter) need to learn how to win and lose with dignity. On the playground, kids learn that organically (playing to 11 sometimes results in a score of 11-0).

The purpose of sport is to primarily teach kids life lessons about success and about failure. The failure lessons may in fact be more important than the successes. Everyone wants their child to succeed, its part of being a parent, however, protecting your child from difficult situations only delays lessons that are very necessary. Those parents who consistently prepare the path for the child by confronting teachers and coaches, changing teams, changing leagues and changing schools are making life-long losers out of their children. Kids will grow into adults and experience grumpy co-workers and mean bosses. Constantly insulating kids from difficult situations and consistently cleaning up the mess they create defeats the purpose of sport. Remember you are a parent. You are not a friend, a manager, or an agent. Your job is to help create a competent, capable adult, not a dysfunctional child.

I do not believe this coach intentionally or maliciously “ran the score up.” If he did, then shame on him, and he deserves the punishment given to him. Bottom line, quit judging these VOLUNTEERS( coaches and/or board members). All coaches can do is try to be as fair as possible, but telling kids not to score, hit, shoot, run fast or try hard comes with its own set of problems, not the least of which is potential injury partially caused by doing something different or playing "easier". So until all the facts are known, lets all keep our mouth shut and play some ball.

PS- Not everyone can afford to place their talented child on a select team; recreational may be their only option.

[font='trebuchet ms']I personally, do not have a dog (pun intended) in this fight. However, I will say this: [/font]

[font='trebuchet ms']Fact of the matter is, no one knows the whole story regarding this issue. Everything that is being said on this forum is opinions only. No one on this site was on the field and heard what each coach (from both sides) and the refs discussed. Not one person knows what the Nederland White Coaches were thinking regarding scoring that day, and that includes the STJFL Board. [/font]

[font='trebuchet ms']Rules are put into place to ensure equal opportunity, not equal outcomes. If you are going to enforce an “ethics” rule, then do so in a clear and definite manner and across the board, none of this case by case baloney. Investigate better and make the rules less subjective.[/font]

[font='trebuchet ms']This is football people; you win some, you lose some. These kids are upset no matter if the score is 60-0 or 39-0; a loss is a loss. [/font][font='trebuchet ms']All athletes (and parents for that matter) need to learn how to win and lose with dignity. On the playground, kids learn that organically (playing to 11 sometimes results in a score of 11-0).[/font]

[font='trebuchet ms']The purpose of sport is to primarily teach kids life lessons about success and about failure. The failure lessons may in fact be more important than the successes. Everyone wants their child to succeed, its part of being a parent, however, protecting your child from difficult situations only delays lessons that are very necessary. Those parents who consistently prepare the path for the child by confronting teachers and coaches, changing teams, changing leagues and changing schools are making life-long losers out of their children. Kids will grow into adults and experience grumpy co-workers and mean bosses. Constantly insulating kids from difficult situations and consistently cleaning up the mess they create defeats the purpose of sport. Remember you are a parent. You are not a friend, a manager, or an agent. Your job is to help create a competent, capable adult, not a dysfunctional child. [/font]

[font='trebuchet ms']I do not believe this coach intentionally or maliciously “ran the score up.” If he did, then shame on him, and he deserves the punishment given to him. [/font][font='trebuchet ms']Bottom line, quit judging these VOLUNTEERS( coaches and/or board members). All coaches can do is try to be as fair as possible, but telling kids not to score, hit, shoot, run fast or try hard comes with its own set of problems, not the least of which is potential injury partially caused by doing something different or playing "easier". So until all the facts are known, lets all keep our mouth shut and play some ball. [/font]

[font='trebuchet ms']PS- Not everyone can afford to place their talented child on a select team; recreational may be their only option. [/font]

Well said 👌👌👌

lol.... We played at the same time as you lol I did'nt send anyone to film you bro lol IF i did, i would admit it lol. I think we both know that in this years case, Film will not matter.