#5 Corrigan-Camden

#10 Newton

2A DI

#10 Shelbyville

#12 Centerville

#15 West Sabine

#17 Anderson-Shiro

#20 Lovelady

Everybody knows these polls don't really shake out to later in the season. King has been horrible for a few years and these pollsters didn't look at they had the best RB and QB combination in the district. If both Crosby and King meet undefeated last game, it will most likely be a top 10 matchup depending on the poll of course. It's just people's opinions though, no way Nederland should've been ranked as high as 15 to start the season. It was based on their past success though.

HD has 4 of the top 20 teams in the state in their last 6 games. So much for the old cupcake sked

It took realignment to get 3 of those...

I kid I kid...schedule west Sabine is a step in the right direction.

A problem that someone like HD faces is location. All the schools your size in a reasonable driving distance are in your district, so you either have to make a trek or play up or down a class. And it's no guarantee that the bigger schools want to play.

SA is in the same boat. When Tenaha won't play you because they said they'd rather lose to someone further away compared to someone where everyone knows everyone you are up a creek. I've heard from reliable folks that the only 2A within 2 hrs of SA to say yes was Groveton...and that head coach left. Also know that several 3As didn't want any part of it. And of course none of the smaller 2As did (see Tenaha and Timpson dropping late, folks like Mt E and Evadale saying no). That's why we wound up playing Splendora and Dallas Episcopal.

King and Crosby in both polls? Dave's and Old Coach! Wait for it.... statster will have some numbers to throw out there, as to why King should NOT be ahead of Crosby... Like I said before.. Look out Crosby there is a new cat in town.... 

Crosby is 10 spots ahead of King in DC's. King is 3 spots up on Crosby in the AP and the Old Coach. So anxious to include me that you didn't even pay attention.SMH.  I do have some numbers but I don't see anything wrong with King being in front of us in some polls, maybe I would have an issue if we didn't get a chance to prove it on the field in the season finale. With BH looking like they bowed out, that means Crosby will play D2 so after the "Collision on Crenshaw" we'll go our separate ways.  

King will house anybody they play in bi-district but then get an epic 2nd rounder with either Elkins, Ridge Point, Foster or George Ranch who have only 1 loss among them while the D2 path is much easier this year. If King and Crosby both stay undefeated it could very well be a top 10 matchup to end the regular season is what my stats tell me.