Orangefield @ Lumberton

jordibug15

Just please show up after the game on here and explain why it didn't work out this way. And i don't want to hear about how Lumberton was supposed to win because there are more predictions against than for Lumberton.

I was wrong, OF didnt look great tonight and Lumberton impressed me

Lumberton shouldve won, too many mistakes and dropped balls on the money.. QB was great tonight!
Also I question the coaching decisions, if they kick the extra points instead they are in OT as we speak
Great game!

The announcer at Lumberton is the absolute worst I have ever heard. UIL rules clearly state that the announcer is not to be a part of the cheering section. The Lumberton announcer yelled and cheered throughout the entire game. At one point, late in the game, he yelled 'Let's go defense!' as OF was snapping the ball. Not only was he in violation of UIL rules, it was just classless.

OF has a good team. They deserve a lot of credit for this win. I'm impressed with their toughness and scrappiness. They will do well this season. Congrats and good luck to the bobcats.

I was wrong, OF didnt look great tonight and Lumberton impressed me

Lumberton shouldve won, too many mistakes and dropped balls on the money.. QB was great tonight!
Also I question the coaching decisions, if they kick the extra points instead they are in OT as we speak
Great game!

Another loss for an undisciplined team that seems to continue to shoot themselves in the foot. I still say it starts from the top. People will say well they are scoring a lot of points, yes I agree, but it's about winning games, not padding stats. Should not be 1-2.

lumberton scheduled down to get some easy wins to build confidence and could not even do that. smh

Some guys just do not understand the proper protocol for public address announcer. Some think they are there to pump up the crowd, cheer the team on, crack jokes, etc. Others think they are there to provide actual play-by-play while the play is happening. And even some think they are there to "help" the home team by shouting out what the other teams is doing on a play. All of these "folks" have zero understanding of what are a proper public address announcer's duties.

PA's are to provide commentary on who ran, passed, caught, tackled, defended, etc on the previous play and then provide down and distance for the stadium crowd. Also announce penalties, scores, yardage, etc. PA's also have announcement duties to inform stadium crowds of pertinent information.

Many PA's that I have run across know the proper protocol. But more and more are now thinking they are play-by-play guys or "rah rah" guys and that is not how it's suppose to be done.

Our PA does everything. Say who was on the tackle for either team, who had the ball and stuff. But aslo tells Raider Nation to get up when it's a big play and everyone is sitting down

why would you need someone to tell your fans to cheer or get up on big plays? sounds like lumberton does not have very good fans

Some guys just do not understand the proper protocol for public address announcer. Some think they are there to pump up the crowd, cheer the team on, crack jokes, etc. Others think they are there to provide actual play-by-play while the play is happening. And even some think they are there to "help" the home team by shouting out what the other teams is doing on a play. All of these "folks" have zero understanding of what are a proper public address announcer's duties.

PA's are to provide commentary on who ran, passed, caught, tackled, defended, etc on the previous play and then provide down and distance for the stadium crowd. Also announce penalties, scores, yardage, etc. PA's also have announcement duties to inform stadium crowds of pertinent information.

Many PA's that I have run across know the proper protocol. But more and more are now thinking they are play-by-play guys or "rah rah" guys and that is not how it's suppose to be done.

I may be biased because my dad was a PA for over 30 years. I "spotted" for him many times when I was young. He would simply announce who carried/passed/caught the ball, which defenders were in on the stop, yardage gained, yard line, and down and distance. The only rah rah he ever did was when the team would run out before the game and he really just had a signature line he did for that. And he had a great PA voice.

You're right - too many guys think they are a play-by-play tv announcer or an entertainer. I remember a game we went to when I was in jr high at another school. The announcer sang "turn out the lights" when the home team had the game in hand. He, along with a lot of the visiting fans, were horrified. The HC of that team later lamented about it too. Because that got shoved down their throats for about the next 5 times those two teams played.

The HC/AD is really in charge of the PA. And it sounds like Haynes should probably get that guy under control.

I agree. It is against UIL policies.

and it is against NCAA rules(tx high school rule)

rule 9 section 2 b 5 

public address announcer is a person subject to rule.

http://www.dfoa.com/attachments/article/69/2013-14_Football_Rule_Book.pdf

5. Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise

that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (Rule 1-1-6).

PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot [S7 and S27].

Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with

other rules. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall

be disqualified [S47].