CROSBY vs BARBERS HILL

cougar14

District opener for both teams. Someone's 0 has got to go after both teams go undefeated in non-district play. Crosby has been picked by most on here to lose both games they played so far and Barbers Hill's wins are over middle of the road 4A teams. The all-time series between the two teams is 23-23-3, who will have the upper hand once the deadlock is broken?

I think this is another favorable matchup for Crosby. Angleton's offense is a ground and pound attack just like BH's and all they could manage was 151 rushing yards on 44 carries, 200 even total yardage. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Angleton has a little bit better athletes to attack with than BH and they were beaten by 3+ tds on their own field. I would imagine there will be more of a speed disadvantage between Crosby and BH than there was with Angleton. BH is also still putting the ball on the ground at a pretty good clip so there will be a chance for takeaways and extra possessions for the Cougs. Other than turnovers or injuries on the Crosby side I don't really see how BH wins this one.

In the words of Don Price on his way out the door, "It's not all about X's and O's, sometimes it's about Larry's and Joes ". I think the Cougars win this one going away when BH tries to start throwing forward passes.

Last year everyone was saying that Crosby would be nothing without the Twins, I sure hope the Cougars keep proving them wrong. Go Coogs!

Crosby             38
Barbers Hill       7

I tried to tell people before the year started that this would be the deepest team Crosby has put on the field in my memory. I also said this would be our best defense since the '09 squad that probably should have won the region. Allen is the best big back we've had since the Elsie Johnson or even Trinity Lane days and Williams is the first freshman to play in the opener since Chance Casey. Cotton's numbers are also similar to what Aston's looked like 2 games into his junior year. There's a red tide rising and the best part about it is we'll have about 70% of these kids back for next year.

BH has a shot if they eat clock w/o turnovers=limit Crosby possessions

Angleton tried that tactic with bigger, faster and better players than BH and lost by 23 at home. Probably should have been 38-7 but they scored with 8 seconds left in the game to make it look better. We ain't Dayton, Crosby doesn't struggle with BH on a regular basis.

Angleton tried that tactic with bigger, faster and better players than BH and lost by 23 at home. Probably should have been -7 but they scored with 8 seconds left in the game to make it look better. We ain't Dayton, Crosby doesn't struggle with BH on a regular basis.

Oh I forgot we were talking about all the d1 talent in Crosby can I change my prediction to bh 38 crosby 20

Whoa there let's back up to 2012 yr before last IN Crosby,I was there w/Stewart taking notes.Booyah halftime BH 17 Crosby 7.BH then had 2 fumbles & a Denny int & Crosby won the game.BH had 507 yds to Crosbys  489 ;) :D

Once again Tex, make sure you're right before you post. BH didn't have 500 anything as you can see from the box score. Denny only threw for 75 yards, not the 170 it says in the team totals. Crosby had two tds called back and Singleton dropped another wide open one in the endzone where he beat the BH corner by 15 yards. Crosby then came out and scored 28 unanswered and shut BH out like a good team does. Same way Dayton was winning last winning last year at half and Crosby came out and put up three unanswered scores while shutting out Dayton in the second half. Lucky for Crosby games are actually 4 quarters instead of 2. Booyah that.  

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147576&TeamID=136&SearchType=Teams

I agree with you. It's better to have some of the D1 talent Crosby does vs none that Dayton has. Maybe if y'all had some your squad wouldn't be so soft.  

wait and see coug wait and see.

just remember i said that when the twins are gone crosby wont have much. and when yall finish 4th dont say we didnt tell you.

Once again Tex, make sure you're right before you post. BH didn't have 500 anything as you can see from the box score. Denny only threw for 75 yards, not the 170 it says in the team totals. Crosby had two tds called back and Singleton dropped another wide open one in the endzone where he beat the BH corner by 15 yards. Crosby then came out and scored 28 unanswered and shut BH out like a good team does. Same way Dayton was winning last winning last year at half and Crosby came out and put up three unanswered scores while shutting out Dayton in the second half. Lucky for Crosby games are actually 4 quarters instead of 2. Booyah that.  

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147576&TeamID=136&SearchType=Teams

I was making a point about ball control w/o turnovers can keep you in the game.I think Crosby wins this game but I'm not even close to believing in a coog undefeated season

wait and see coug wait and see.

just remember i said that when the twins are gone crosby wont have much. and when yall finish 4th dont say we didnt tell you.

Who is we, you got a midget in your mouth? At least you think we'll still make the playoffs without the Twins. On the other hand, I think Dayton is a McBride high ankle sprain away from missing them all together. "Just remember I said that, don't say I didn't tell you". ROLL RED