8.     Nederland, 0-1, 84, 4, 9/5 vs. #12 Dayton

9.     Beaumont Central, 0-1, 75, 6, 9/5 at #1 Port Arthur Memorial

10.   Hardin-Jefferson, 1-0, 62, 13, 9/5 at Beaumont Kelly 

11.   Goose Creek Memorial, 1-0, 49, 15, 9/5 vs. Baytown Sterling

12.   Dayton, 0-1, 31, 5, 9/5 at #8 Nederland

T13. Barbers Hill, 1-0, 24, NA, 9/5 vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville

T13. Sheldon C.E. King, 1-0, 24, NA, 9/5 vs. Magnolia

15.   Channelview, 1-0, 21, NA, 9/6 at South Houston

Others receiving votes: Coldspring-Oakhurst 11, Silsbee 6, Jasper 5, Huffman Hargrave 3, Little Cypress-Mauriceville 2

3A-Private Poll

Rank, Team, Record, Points, Previous, Next Opponent

1.     Kirbyville, 1-0, 160 (6), 3. 9/5 vs. Orangefield

2.     Corrigan-Camden, 1-0, 159 (5), 2, 9/5 vs. Groveton

3.     East Chambers, 1-0, 140, 5, 9/5 at Tarkington

4.     Garrison, 1-0, 125, 4, 9/5 at Shelbyville

5.     Newton, 0-1, 123, 1, 9/5 at Bridge City

6.     Buna, 1-0, 114, 6, 9/5 at Center

7.     West Sabine, 1-0, 94, 7, 9/5 at Hemphill

8.     Kountze, 0-0, 87, 8, 9/5 at Shepherd

9.     Iola, 1-0, 71, 12, 9/5 at Marble Falls Faith

10.   Centerville, 0-1, 68, 9, 9/5 vs. Trinity

11.   Anahuac, 1-0, 49, NA, 9/5 at Hamshire-Fannett

12.   Evadale, 1-0, 47, NA, 9/5 at Magnolia Legacy Prep

13.   San Augustine, 0-1, 32, 11, 9/5 vs. Splendora

14.   Lovelady, 1-0, 24, NA, 9/5 at New Waverly

15.   Hardin, 1-0, 18, NA, 9/5 vs. Huntington

Others receiving votes: Shelbyville 4, Woodville 3, Deweyville 1, Hull-Daisetta 1

How did hull Daisetta get 1 vote and Hemphill none and Hemphill beat them? These polls are bogus

Possibly the same way a team loses to a team ranked 5 spots higher by 4 pts on the road and drops 3 spots afterwards.

I'm guessing most of the small school voters simply score watch and don't have a ton of knowledge of all the schools they are voting for. Just take it for what it is, someone's opinion and a talking point and move on.

For the record, San Augustine was 7 spots behind Garrison, not 5.  And as a result they dropped 2, not 3 spots.  In fact, the Wolves were the only team in EITHER poll that was rated 10 through 15 in our preseason poll which lost and remained in the Top 15.  We not know all on high school football in the smaller conferences, but we may know more than you express.

As to Hemphill vis a vis H-D, only 1 person deemed HD worth a vote of 15th rank.  Everybody has their own standards for ranking these teams.

But as tigerheart indicated, this is an opinion poll that is put for the sake of discussion, and in that respect it seems thus far we have succeeded.

For the record, San Augustine was 7 spots behind Garrison, not 5. And as a result they dropped 2, not 3 spots. In fact, the Wolves were the only team in EITHER poll that was rated 10 through 15 in our preseason poll which lost and remained in the Top 15. We not know all on high school football in the smaller conferences, but we may know more than you express.

As to Hemphill vis a vis H-D, only 1 person deemed HD worth a vote of 15th rank. Everybody has their own standards for ranking these teams.

But as tigerheart indicated, this is an opinion poll that is put for the sake of discussion, and in that respect it seems thus far we have succeeded.

I can understand Anahuac moving into the poll and in front, as they beat a 4A school, but evadale and Iola jumping them? I disagree. I know this discussion has happened before but I think of polls as #1 would be favored over everyone below them, #2 favored against all but #1, etc etc down the line. And I just don't think Evadale or Iola would beat San Augustine.

I had CV #12(no state rankings)I dropped Dayt all the way to #15(Dctf top 30,Vype top 10 Hstn area,Thsca(coaches poll) top 10 region 3 poll.I also had CE King @# 9 **Blame me I can take it=I was the lone 1 vote for HD.Yes Anahuac beat Liberty(4a school w/28 wins in 8 yrs)but I put them in my poll.This is a tuff job for anybody to pic when you have so many classes combined into 2 polls w/30 total pics.I try to be neutral w/o any poll becoming top heavy=bigger schools.I'm retired & do alot of team searches every day,looking @ match ups,making comparisons,looking @ history vs opponents.Now I'm gonna ask a question to ya'll=Example a team that (was) in our coverage area(Center)a 4a D11 school(that rarely was in our Setx poll just whipped (Waskom)a 3a D11 school #1 in the state.Now IF CENTER was still in the coverage area would you put them in our Big School Poll @#1????And suppose Waskom WAS in our poll***How far down WOULD YOU drop them?Hard choice huh.Guys/Gals we can't be perfect for everybody and a poll never won a game.A group of the Setxsports staff all has there vote(we don't get together and pick)So we gonna do the best we can,If you play our pic ems you see how hard it is to get 70% right huh.Give it time it'll shake itself out,1st week always a beach.Happy Labor Day to you all :)

I had CV #12(no state rankings)I dropped Dayt all the way to #15(Dctf top 30,Vype top 10 Hstn area,Thsca(coaches poll) top 10 region 3 poll.I also had CE King @# 9 **Blame me I can take it=I was the lone 1 vote for HD.Yes Anahuac beat Liberty(4a school w/28 wins in 8 yrs)but I put them in my poll.This is a tuff job for anybody to pic when you have so many classes combined into 2 polls w/30 total pics.I try to be neutral w/o any poll becoming top heavy=bigger schools.I'm retired & do alot of team searches every day,looking @ match ups,making comparisons,looking @ history vs opponents.Now I'm gonna ask a question to ya'll=Example a team that (was) in our coverage area(Center)a 4a D11 school(that rarely was in our Setx poll just whipped (Waskom)a 3a D11 school #1 in the state.Now IF CENTER was still in the coverage area would you put them in our Big School Poll @#1????And suppose Waskom WAS in our poll***How far down WOULD YOU drop them?Hard choice huh.Guys/Gals we can't be perfect for everybody and a poll never won a game.A group of the Setxsports staff all has there vote(we don't get together and pick)So we gonna do the best we can,If you play our pic ems you see how hard it is to get 70% right huh.Give it time it'll shake itself out,1st week always a beach.Happy Labor Day to you all :)

great post. Thanks liltex

Dont forget voters 1-0 #15 Channelview just took 0-1 #12 Dayton to the woodshed. I'm guessing that many of you guys forgot that CView was even eligible for the poll?

I had Channelview #12 and Dayton #14 in my poll this week.

But I can see where Dayton could still be higher based on the fact that Dayton was #5 and Channelview was not in the poll last week. Dayton did fall 7 spots, the largest drop of any team.