Lumberton vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/H-F wins 44-41!

WOSgrad

Wasn't it a third down play? They needed a first to run out the clock.
Coaches don't fumble. So not sure why its all on coaching. Teams with long losing streaks, tend not to make all those plays you mentioned earlier. It's not snake bitten, it's like the Coach Denny Green said "they are who we thought they were!" I keep hearing about all this talent coming up in Lumberton, but all I can remember is that last year PNG Varsity thru Fresh beat Lumberton something like 140-7. That fact alone makes me question wheres the talent?

If I had a nickel for every time someone says lumberton has some good young talent, I'd have a ton of nickels.

Crueder was a really good head coach. He did great things for Lumberton

Yes he did but I'm hearing that since the playoffs years he didn't want all the media attention but now our coach has people out at practice interviewing players and get Lumberton back out there.
I'm glad Coach C went somewhere that the players and fans respect him now because he wasn't getting it from the players or fans in Lumberton anymore and it was sad.

I'll always respect him as one of my former pe coaches and the first coach to get Lumberton to playoffs

I love how so many people get on the HJ thread and talk about showing class, yet no one makes one comment on this thread about showing class when someone posts this, not once but twice. Talk about keeping it classy. Smh

Hey I commented about it right after the game when someone posted it I told them to cut it out.

that should tell you something about your school.

It tells me Lumberton does a good job developing young talent but unfortunately loses some of them along the way.  In addition to the ones mentioned at PNG, there is also 2 big and very good lineman playing at Kelly and Legacy, both seniors.  Lumberton is not the only school that loses good talent.  It probably just has more of an impact at Lumberton because of the lower enrollment.  Ozen feels the same thing when they lose young talent to West Brook or Central.

Good luck to those boys on their respective teams.

If anyone should be talking about losing good young talent its H-F lol Some names you would immediately recognize Colton Kimler, Ky Walker, Brent Halfin and that's just naming a few

there is another example. i am sure they left for a reason. ask them and i am sure they will tell you what it was.

i know of at least two kids who live in HF school district but play at other schools. 

I never criticized them for leaving. That is between them and their parents, none of my business. They have turned into some really good ball players and I have continued to root for them. The academics are top of the line at H-F now its times to get boys athletics back on the map and give the young talent a reason to stay and I truly believe we are headed in the right direction.