Texans For Public Justice...

smitty

We now know that the Texans For Public Justice is the group that filed the complaint against Governor Perry.  But who is this group?  Well, as always, follow the money:  In 2002, this same group went after John Cornyn before he was elected Senator:  Before the 2000 Presidential election, they went after G. W. Bush:  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texans_for_Public_Justice)  And this same bunch went after Tom Delay.  His convictions were thrown out.  But -- from the article, on June 13, " TPJ filed an amicus brief with the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals today urging them to reinstate Tom DeLay's convictions..."  (http://www.tpj.org/)

What do all these individuals have in common?  Well, you can guess.  But, back to "follow the money!"  Where does this bunch get its funds?  Well, let's see:  The Piper Foundation, The Open Society Foundation, The Sunlight Foundation, The WInkler Foundation, and Good Jobs First.  The Open Foundation and Sunlight Foundation is funded by far left-wing George Soros. 

Good Jobs First is an organization that works with the Industrial Areas Foundation (founded by Saul Alinsky.)  You know, the same Saul Alinsky that was the original community agitator and obama and H. clinton idol.  But, what you must remember, none of these are from Texas!

1. Rick Perry helps to create the Cancer Research Agency
2. Perry and Abbott use this as a piggy bank for their donors.
3. Public Integrity Unit led by DA investigates the agency after Perry/Abbott donor gets sketchy 1 million USD.
4. During the investigation, Perry threatened to veto unit funding if the DA doesn't resign.

1. Rick Perry helps to create the Cancer Research Agency
2. Perry and Abbott use this as a piggy bank for their donors.
3. Public Integrity Unit led by DA investigates the agency after Perry/Abbott donor gets sketchy 1 million USD.
4. During the investigation, Perry threatened to veto unit funding if the DA doesn't resign.

Is it within Mr. Perrys rights, as Governor, to veto unit funding?

Big Girl- Do you think that the Perry indictment is legitimate and, at the same time, feel that the various complaints against Mr. Obama ( IRS, Benghazi, yada yada yada) are all just a bunch of phony scandals/witch

do you think this is a phony scandal while feeling that the various complaints about Obama are true?

Hmm- I was thinking that when I asked you a question you would answer. But, instead, you simply asked me another question. You wouldn't be avoiding the question, would you?

president Obama has never been indicted to my knowledge. It doesn't matter what I think or feel. My opinion on the Perry issue is irrelevant, the jurors opinions are of the utmost importance.

it is. That's not the issue. He vetoed it, because the DA he was trying to force to resign wouldn't. Isn't that coercion?

Alright, let's back up a minute.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/LG/htm/LG.87.htm

That is a link to Title 3, Subtitle B, Chapter 87 of the Local Government Code of the State of Texas. You know what that chapter covers? The process of removing, among other officials, a district attorney.

Look at Section 87.013, entitled "General Grounds for Removal." Three examples are given under this section. The third is intoxication. The Travis County DA was pulled over for driving with a BAC three times the legal limit. That's not only intoxication, that's putting others at risk while intoxicated. According to this particular statute, that's more than enough to have her removed from office.

Under this chapter, the first step in the process of removal is filing a petition for removal that clearly states the underlying cause for the action in one of several courts, depending on the exact circumstances of the situation. Now let me ask you something: who do you think would typically file a petition like that?

Would it be - oh, I don't know - the public integrity unit of the DA's office, which is charged with ensuring the integrity of public officials?

And when said unit doesn't file said petition despite having a blatantly obvious reason to, don't you think it's reasonable to assume that maybe - just maybe - that unit is either ignoring the issue for political reasons or simply isn't doing its job?

On that note, when we have a government agency that isn't doing its job, is it not reasonable to try and light a fire under its arse with something like a threat to veto funding until it gets to work? And, if they don't get to work, is it not reasonable to carry out the threat since, obviously, giving them the funding is a waste of taxpayer dollars?

I said in another thread that I don't think Governor Perry used appropriate means to try and have the DA removed. I stand by that. But to call it "coercion" is, at least in my mind, a stretch.

I would call it an inappropriate but well-meaning use of the governor's veto power to uphold the integrity of the office.

I heard Perry saw a fail to act by others and said, "I have a phone and I have a pen and...", no wait, that was someone else. 

I heard Perry saw a fail to act by others and said, "I have a phone and I have a pen and...", no wait, that was someone else.

but dont be confused he received alot of heat from the right and this board. This just proves on so many different levels. Nobody cares just when the other side is doing it. If this was obama charged with this very few would be siding with him like they are with perry. ALL PEOPLE CARE ABOUT NOW IS DO THE POLITICIAN HAVE A D OR R IN FRONT HIS NAME.

but dont be confused he received alot of heat from the right and this board. This just proves on so many different levels. Nobody cares just when the other side is doing it. If this was obama charged with this very few would be siding with him like they are with perry. ALL PEOPLE CARE ABOUT NOW IS DO THE POLITICIAN HAVE A D OR R IN FRONT HIS NAME.

100% correct. As I have stated before on this board, none of the politicians care about us. They are only out for themselves!
With that being said, wether or not Perry was justified in what he did, this D.A. Should have stepped down or been removed from office. How could her office ever prosecute anyone for a crime involving DWI if she was still there? Just like the rest of us, she is not above the law!

100% correct. As I have stated before on this board, none of the politicians care about us. They are only out for themselves!
With that being said, wether or not Perry was justified in what he did, this D.A. Should have stepped down or been removed from office. How could her office ever prosecute anyone for a crime involving DWI if she was still there? Just like the rest of us, she is not above the law!

I have no problem with what perry did.