Week 1: Tropical Threat?

Will not hit America. High level jet stream over lower SE corner that will push all Atlantic formed tropical formations north/east. NOAA is desperate after their 3rd year consecutive promising above normal activity. John McNomis who is quite possibly one of the worlds leading experts in meteorology predicted in 2011 - we will have very few tropical impacts at hurricane force levels from 2011-2020. He called it a very weak decade. So far, he's been spot on.

Guest ECBucFan

I agree! I saw the very first mention of the tiniest "disturbance" in the Atlantic a few days ago on a weather site, and wondered to myself "how long til it ends up on SETXSports?"  The next morning I start my computer and here it is.

Speculation about game cancellation is the next topic. Just watch and see.

it will go east of fla,the trade winds are to strong and will carry it there

The trade winds (sometimes called trades) are the prevailing pattern of easterly surface winds found in the tropics, within the lower portion of the Earth's atmosphere, in the lower section of the troposphere near the Earth's equator.[1] The trade winds blow predominantly from the northeast in the Northern Hemisphere and from the southeast in the Southern Hemisphere, strengthening during the winter and when the Arctic oscillation is in its warm phase. Historically, the trade winds have been used by captains of sailing ships to cross the world's oceans for centuries, and enabled European empire expansion into the Americas and trade routes to become established across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

In meteorology, the trade winds act as the steering flow for tropical storms that form over the Atlantic, Pacific, and southern Indian Oceans and make landfall in North America, Southeast Asia, and Madagascar and eastern Africa, respectively. Trade winds also steer African dust westward across the Atlantic Ocean into the Caribbean Sea, as well as portions of southeastern North America. Shallow cumulus clouds are seen within trade wind regimes, and are capped from becoming taller by a trade wind inversion, which is caused by descending air aloft from within the subtropical ridge. The weaker the trade winds become, the more rainfall can be expected in the neighboring landmasses.