Week 1: Tropical Threat?

It's a little early yet to be concerned about this, but I'm seeing speculation all over the weather sites that I follow (TWC, gulfcoastwx.com, Weather Underground; my other obsession besides sports) that there could be trouble in the Gulf bearing down on the coast somewhere by late next week. I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a discussion just in case this becomes a bigger issue in a few days. 

http://www.weather.com/news/tropical-update-atlantic-pacific-hurricane-season-20140513

Buddy, of all your predictions, I hope this one is the most accurate!

last time I came back here in 2011 (same month same day) around this time the same thing occured. Now if folks want a storm to hit then more power to em, nothing hit back then and I dont think anything is gonna hit this time. :)

the way i see it; National Hurricane Center doesn't show any projected areas to be hit because it is still way out there.  I have not heard anything or read anything on our local weather stations.  I do recall by the time it was "a week away" with Rita and Ike, everyone was talking about it and not just the far away weather know it alls.  JMO

I've been watching the weather channel(my hobby outside of setxsports) and I don't believe it will come to Texas because of the ridge of high pressure that is fixing to move over us. But if the system slows and the high pressure moves on into Florida then the system will slide into the gulf which may cause some trouble for us and surrounding area. It has a 60% chance of becoming a tropical storm according to the weather channel.