Sumlin's Coaching Pedigree

For all you Aggie Fans. No need to post all greatness on other threads.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sumlin&oq=sumlin&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l5.5668j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Coach Sumlin has followed a couple of good coaches behind Briles and Sherman. It will be interesting to see what happens year three in College Station. Manzeil and all those draft picks were recruited by Sherman. We have seen Briles succeed at Baylor. 

Pretty good read on Sumlin. He is supposed up announce the starting QB sometime this weekend. I like his track record so far.
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11343172&src=desktop&rand=ref~{"ref"%3A"http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.texags.com%2FForums%2F5%2FTopics%2F2508596"}

The interesting thing about his record is that he has mostly used 2 QB's during that time-Keenum and Manziel. Both of whom we're recruited by the previous coaching staffs.

Kenny Hill is named the stater for week 1. Just a little suprised, but probably not as much as Kyle Allen.

1̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶̶̶W̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶T̶̶̶e̶x̶a̶s̶ ̶̶̶H̶̶̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶S̶̶̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶.̶

2̶.̶ ̶S̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶.

3̶.̶ ̶G̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶N̶o̶r̶t̶h̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶.

4̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶Q̶B̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶d̶o̶g̶.̶

5. Beat 'Bama.

6. Win the Heisman.

1̶̶̶.̶̶̶ ̶̶̶W̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶T̶̶̶e̶x̶a̶s̶ ̶̶̶H̶̶̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶S̶̶̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶.̶

2̶.̶ ̶S̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶.

3̶.̶ ̶G̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶N̶o̶r̶t̶h̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶.

4̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶Q̶B̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶d̶o̶g̶.̶

5. Beat 'Bama.

6. Win the Heisman.

Based on this logic, where/when do you think Allen will transfer?

Just trying to keep all Aggie posts concentrated. There is no need to bother all of the other posters with the same ad nausea. Gigem

And yes Austin in weird and the capitol of the greatest state Texas. So what do you think of Coach Sumlin?

whatname,
Thanks for joining up and jumping in.
I think Kevin Sumlin has been and will be great for ATM.
Quick question: did you actually graduate from UT? If so, what year.
Roper 84

Just trying to keep all Aggie posts concentrated. There is no need to bother all of the other posters with the same ad nausea. Gigem

And yes Austin in weird and the capitol of the greatest state Texas. So what do you think of Coach Sumlin?

What do I think of Coach Sumlin?

He has the most wins in the first 2 seasons in Texas A&M History (20)

2013 Recruiting... Sumlin signed the #8 recruiting class in the country according to 247 Sports.

2014 Recruiting... Sumlin signed the #6 recruiting class in the country according to 247 Sports.

2015 Recruiting... Sumlin is setting #2 in the country as of now according to 247 Sports.

*Sumlin is 2-0 in Bowl Games

2012 41-13 THUMPING of OU (Big 12 Co-Champs 10-3 8-1) "Cotton Bowl"
2013 52-48 over Duke (ACC Coastal Division Champs 10-4 6-2) "Chick-fil-A_Bowl"

What is VERY scary Sumlin did this mostly with the recruits from the Sherman era which is nothing compared to what Sumlin bringing into the Station these days YESSIR!!

GIG'EM

Year three is a big one for Coach Sumlin.

His recruits will have to start producing  on both sides of the ball. Would not want him to be labeled "Coach February".

I'm sure that he has won a conference championship somewhere. Possibly at UH.

No. His best UH team (2011) lost in the CUSA Championship game to Southern Miss. Cost his conference about $100 million in BCS bowl revenue.

• 1 month later...

So he wants to just ride the pine behind Trill and Murray?

Don't know the answer to that - but the player that I know on the team told me that he and Hill get along very well and that he is happy - does that lead to him staying who knows.  But I think that at this time he MAY see Hill leaving early and still having 2 years (3 if redshirted) to play.  The wild card may well be Murray.

I believe Coach Sumlin is doing a terrific job.

He has been able to get his team on a roll, and everyone is talking about Texas A&M.

He went to SC and beat the Gamecocks at home. A great win o national TV.

The if USC Gamecocks go undefeated the rest of the year................Texas A&M will be able to say "We beat the CHAMPS".

#SPCFBG

• 1 month later...