Is This The Kid?

smitty

Yeah , lets blame the victim

Wasn't the store owner the victim?

I think it is a terrible thing anytime the police have to use deadly force. Funny how no one seems to try and put themselves in the policeman's place. People act as if the police are murderers just looking to shoot someone. No one on this board knows what went down in the altercation. I sure don't. Anyone????

Tvc, isn't a robbery suspect considered armed and dangerous? Just like a car thief is thrown down on when finally pulled over?

If this guy was innocent and got shot over nothing, then the cop should be charged. If he made some stupid gesture when considered armed, then the cop can't be blamed.

Yeah , lets blame the victim

Lets get an honest portrayal of the victim. I personally have no idea what happened when Brown was confronted by the policeman. But the media and protesters have made this all about the "innocent victim" with "no criminal record" who's "about to go to college." When you look at it like that, it's hard to believe that he would get into an altercation with a cop, and makes it much more believable that the cop might have shot him down without provocation. BUT when you see a video of him assaulting a store clerk while stealing something, and then find out it happened minutes before he got into the altercation, it changes things a bit. A) It shows us that he's not the perfect kid who would never do anything wrong, and B ) it gives a very reasonable explanation as to why he might get into an altercation with a cop, as he might very well think he's about to be arrested. What's bad is that there are those who choose to ignore these facts, because they're absolutely positive that a white officer with 6 years on the force with no problems got up that morning and decided to shoot him a black guy. To me this video at least should be enough for people to step back and wait and see what evidence comes out before making judgement, especially since the main witness was involved in the same robbery. The cop may very well be in the wrong, but I'm believing more and more that Brown did initiate a confrontation with the cop. Now whether or not the amount of force used was appropriate is in doubt, but I'd sure like to hear more evidence before I give a verdict. This video is a perfect example of why we should wait... Because 24 hours ago he was a perfect kid who'd never done anything wrong in his life, and now it's been shown that he committed a felony just minutes before he was shot.

Cop who shot Brown didn't know he was a suspect: chief | New York ...nypost.com/.../police-identify-officer-in-.. Can you guys read the aforementioned article and give me your opinions.

Correct. But if Brown THOUGHT the cop knew he was a suspect, it could explain why he might have gotten aggressive towards the cop.

Cop who shot Brown didn't know he was a suspect: chief | New York ...nypost.com/.../police-identify-officer-in-.. Can you guys read the aforementioned article and give me your opinions.

It does not matter.....He could of pulled him over any reason, legal or not. If Brown went for his gun, the cop had a right to use deadly force to keep him from getting it.

All the video proves is he stole cigars and he is capable of being aggressive....

I have not read anything that said he was aggressive towards the officer. He stole $49.00 worth of cigarettes. I find it hard to believe that he would attack an officer over the threat of going to jail for that.

But he DID risk going to jail over $49 worth of cigarettes....and he risked going to jail by assaulting the store owner.....

Why did you leave out the assault part? You did see the video right?

and I take it as a no you cant answer.

Anywho, if anyone can answer id gladly appreciate it. ;)

All I can find is that he wore sandals in the store and had sneakers when he was shot.

I can not find any articles making a big deal out of that. I would think if it had anything to do with police misconduct, that "key witness", who claims to have never left his side would have mentioned it during his interview.....or at least told his attorney....

Thoughts?

Did he assault the police officer? Is this fact or mere conjecture? The penalty for stealing cigarettes is less punitive then a charge of assaulting a police officer. That's why I find it hard to believe that he attacked an officer, because he was afraid of going to jail for stealing cigarettes.

While everything is speculation at this point, let's just look at the facts we do know.

We have a teen who just robbed and assaulted a store  manager.

Michael has a previous FELONY criminal record. (see below)

Michael Brown’s ADULT criminal record:
Description: Burglary – 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
OCN: AJ006207 Arresting Agency: ST ANN PD

Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 3101000

Description: Assault 1st Degree – Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

The cop has been with the force 6 years with no issues......

I need more facts to make a decision.....

While everything is speculation at this point, let's just look at the facts we do know.

We have a teen who just robbed and assaulted a store manager.

Michael has a previous FELONY criminal record. (see below)

Michael Brown’s ADULT criminal record:
Description: Burglary – 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 569.160 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1401000
Description: Assault 1st Degree – Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 11/02/2013 Code: 1301100

The cop has been with the force 6 years with no issues......

I need more facts to make a decision.....

This is why we have investigations and trials! No one knows all the circumstances of what happened or the background of all the individuals involved. The protesters don't know, the governor doesn't know, the police chief doesn't know, the tweeters don't know, and the news channels don't know! Everyone immediately takes a side and then just like politics they won't listen to anything that doesn't agree with their side. The Ferguson police don't need to do the investigation. It should be handled by an outside source, but should be thorough and factual not based on the time limit of a group of protesters or used as a political statement by either side. It should go through the legal process and in the end a judge and jury should decide what happened and if it was justified for the officer to shoot or not!
I am sure there are thousands of things we do not know about the officer, the young man that was shot, or the events of that night.

How long after the robbery was he shot?

11:51 a.m. — Ferguson police receive a call of a robbery in progress at the Ferguson Market convenience store.

2:01 p.m. — Officer Wilson encounters Michael Brown walking on a street and the shooting follows. Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday that Wilson did not know about the robbery at the convenience store when he encountered Brown.