SEC west

king

Ole Miss and Arkansas will be much better this year. I hate making predictions, but will do it anyway for the sake of discussion. Bama will win the division by beating LSU in Death Valley. I dont see Bama going undefeated and it may be Ole Miss that trips them up. I see Auburn falling out of the mix after losing the Iron bowl. Alabama will beat Georgia for the SEC championship and will compete in the playoffs. I'd like to see two or more SEC teams in the playoffs and hope they are both from the SEC West. Thats enough fodder for now...

Alabama will win the SEC West but look out for my Hogs, they been looking good in camp, I like that backfield. We have our stud DLineman back (Flowers) he was injured last yr.

I think you are going to start to see Bielema's system taking effect this year in Fayetteville. I think the Hogs will be much improved and will make some noise.

Auburn will field the most experienced, talented team in the West division. The offense will be superb. The defense should improve after another year in the defense coordinator’s system.  How they navigate through a tough schedule remains to be seen.

Arkansas won’t have the jimmies and the joes. Their recruiting over the past 4 years has been subpar. Only one class in the top 20. The other 3 classes 30th or worse.

Bamr has several question marks. Possibly starting a freshman at left tackle. Ouch. The heir apparent at qb was 3rd string at FSU. And he may not win the job. The oline has only 37 starts among all 5. In contrast Auburn’s oline has 99 starts. Bamr is also breaking in 3 new guys at defensive back.

Post Manziel A & M will struggle to have a .500 record.

Ole Miss will have a good team. Returning qb, quality wrs. But very inexperienced oline will be a problem. The defense will be good. Another problem will be quality depth. The starters are good but what is behind the starters.

State will be State. Good players at some spots but not so good at others.

LSU won’t be as strong as previous squads. A new qb along with inexperienced wrs will prompt opposing defenses to load up against the run. The defense should be good.

The opening weekend will provide a good snapshot of where certain teams are:

Arkansas vs. Auburn

OM vs. Boise State

LSU vs Wisconsin

A & M vs South Carolina

Bamr vs West Virginia

top 3 Alabama. Auburn, LSU

What, another doubter of Coach Sumlin's rise to the top. Gigem

It was a good time for Coach Sumlin to get a raise last year, before more of the truth prevails. Gigem

Auburn will field the most experienced, talented team in the West division. The offense will be superb. The defense should improve after another year in the defense coordinator’s system.  How they navigate through a tough schedule remains to be seen.

Arkansas won’t have the jimmies and the joes. Their recruiting over the past 4 years has been subpar. Only one class in the top 20. The other 3 classes 30th or worse.

Bamr has several question marks. Possibly starting a freshman at left tackle. Ouch. The heir apparent at qb was 3rd string at FSU. And he may not win the job. The oline has only 37 starts among all 5. In contrast Auburn’s oline has 99 starts. Bamr is also breaking in 3 new guys at defensive back.

Post Manziel A & M will struggle to have a .500 record.

Ole Miss will have a good team. Returning qb, quality wrs. But very inexperienced oline will be a problem. The defense will be good. Another problem will be quality depth. The starters are good but what is behind the starters.

State will be State. Good players at some spots but not so good at others.

LSU won’t be as strong as previous squads. A new qb along with inexperienced wrs will prompt opposing defenses to load up against the run. The defense should be good.

The opening weekend will provide a good snapshot of where certain teams are:

Arkansas vs. Auburn

OM vs. Boise State

LSU vs Wisconsin

A & M vs South Carolina

Bamr vs West Virginia

• 1 month later...

A&M won't make the same mistakes K-State did, and they'll make much more effective use of our secondary's issues than Florida did. They get LSU at home, and if Sumlin doesn't let the Tigers get on a roll the same way Miss St didn't let them and the same way Nick Saban has put a stop to it for the the last four LSU games, they'll beat LSU. The biggest problem I see for the Aggies is another potential shootout with Ole Miss. I don't think Miss St can beat them and I'd bet Arkansas and Missouri can't.

I think its the Aggies' to lose. The biggest thing that Alabama, LSU and Auburn have working for them against A&M is plenty of time to get ready. Conversely, all three may be pretty beat up by the time they play the Aggies.

A&M won't make the same mistakes K-State did, and they'll make much more effective use of our secondary's issues than Florida did. They get LSU at home, and if Sumlin doesn't let the Tigers get on a roll the same way Miss St didn't let them and the same way Nick Saban has put a stop to it for the the last four LSU games, they'll beat LSU. The biggest problem I see for the Aggies is another potential shootout with Ole Miss. I don't think Miss St can beat them and I'd bet Arkansas and Missouri can't.

I think its the Aggies' to lose. The biggest thing that Alabama, LSU and Auburn have working for them against A&M is plenty of time to get ready. Conversely, all three may be pretty beat up by the time they play the Aggies.

And I bet you don't say that on the Bama board?

'A&M won't make the same mistakes K-State did.'

So you aren't/won't take into account the mistakes Auburn made against KSU.

Or KSU's defense may be better than A&M's.

Or that the A&M game is in Auburn as opposed to a Thursday night game in Manhattan.

Or that Sumlin scored 60+ on the Tigers when they were down. Unlike Lamar, Auburn got better.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Auburn, to me, is the biggest hurdle. Playing them on the road is always tough and gus malzahn is always tough to defend.