Johnny Manziel Already

People love a good train wreck.

As I've said before many times, he would be great for the league. As I've also said, he needs to grow up fast to keep from being a cautionary tale. He has been coddled his whole life, been allowed to do what he wants because of his talent. How many times have you Aggies made excuses for him? He's a kid. He's having fun. What 21 year old wouldn't act like that? (I would submit Andrew Luck lived a privileged life and is in the weight room or the film room while John John is out doing lines with the Biebs.)

Don't get me wrong - it's not uncommon for this to happen among the supremely talented. But a lot grow up and mature and become men. Some don't. And in some sports, in some positions, you can even get away with it for a long time. But not a quarterback in football, not in this league. You can't be an embecile and last as a signal caller in the NFL.

Chin up Ags. We watched a kid refuse to lose leading our school in Austin. He was, and is, the greatest QB we'd seen; taking down team after team with his own on his shoulders. And ultimately, he was too lacking between the ears to continue his heroics in the League. Not often do I disagree with Buddy G on this site; but here I do. Like VY, Little Johnny is on the fast track to becoming a cautionary tale. And unlike the aforementioned Mr. Luck, the Manning brothers, and other "privileged" kids who came before him, I think he lacks the character to avoid it.

Johnny will be fine, if that lil incident was in the regular season then I'd be extremely worried, I saw a worse action (s) by the Carolina rookie WR on Sunday, the coaches will reel him in, if not his teammates will and thats what he doesn't want to happen ;)

He didn't have a spectacular game and I think the gesture shows other players that his head can be messed with. If the trash talk can get to him, he is going to do nothing but hear more of it.
He was throwing behind open receivers all night. Needs to work his timing.

he spoke on that, says he was trying to force the ball instead of just simply playing within his game. He'll correct that. And I agree and I think we all can agree the trash talk got in his head his sophomore yr at Agricultural & Mechanical.

he spoke on that, says he was trying to force the ball instead of just simply playing within his game. He'll correct that. And I agree and I think we all can agree the trash talk got in his head his sophomore yr at Agricultural & Mechanical.

Can he fix that? His game has always been to scramble and throw to a top reciever. I think the Redskins proved he won't be able to move like he did in college, and there are maybe 3 receivers who can do what Evans did for him in college, none on his team.

Johnny will be fine, if that lil incident was in the regular season then I'd be extremely worried, I saw a worse action (s) by the Carolina rookie WR on Sunday, the coaches will reel him in, if not his teammates will and thats what he doesn't want to happen ;)

The fact that they got in his head during a PRESEASON game speaks volumes. These games don't even count. They only said "you're not in college anymore. Were all fast now". Toughen up John Boy. Plus, face them like a man and flip the bird and not while you're walking away. (I guess he was waiting for his frat brothers to jump in.)

Thankfully Hoyer is playing just as crappy and John looks to be the starter by attrition. I am going to enjoy watching the Steel Curtain come down on the Cleveland Clown.

I can't speak for JFF but I'm pretty certain that the Browns weren't where he would like to have gone.  But . . . when you are once considered to be a top 5 draft choice and you are selected 22nd, that Cleveland call was probably welcomed.  He will grow up and he will do it quickly.  His style of play though, concerns me - the reckless running I mean.

I can't speak for JFF but I'm pretty certain that the Browns weren't where he would like to have gone. But . . . when you are once considered to be a top 5 draft choice and you are selected 22nd, that Cleveland call was probably welcomed. He will grow up and he will do it quickly. His style of play though, concerns me - the reckless running I mean.

I hope you are right Usedtobe (about him growing up). I really do. I think he could be a steal at #22 if he does. The league needs him - manning, Brady, Brees and co. will be gone before we know it. He's a bonafide superstar if he gets his head right. And I think we all can agree he is fun to watch.

I too worry a little about his style of play but he does seem to avoid big hits. He gets down or get out of bounds a lot better than say, RG3. That guy may never make a full season.

I could go with that name for a year - I do believe that setting as a back-up for a year could do nothing but help him in the long run.  Learn the playbook and eat a little humble pie as well as get out to the limelight for awhile.  But as the Browns struggle it will be hard to keep him on he bench no matter how ready he is - the pressure will be on.

I could go with that name for a year - I do believe that setting as a back-up for a year could do nothing but help him in the long run. Learn the playbook and eat a little humble pie as well as get out to the limelight for awhile. But as the Browns struggle it will be hard to keep him on he bench no matter how ready he is - the pressure will be on.

100% agree with you here OT. Long term, big picture - would be best for him and the Browns. Fortunately for him, he has a HC who has seen the perils of going with a rookie QB. If he can stick to his guns, I think it could be the best thing for him and the team. For the reasons you mentioned.