Should Birth Control Be Free For Everyone?

Republicans complain endlessly about welfare programs and how it creates generation after generation of lazy asses who want to sit around and leach off taxpayers everyday.

For the republicans on this board, would you support free birth control for everyone?

Theoretically, easier access to birth control means less pregnancies for unfit mothers who'll most likely raise degenerates which leads to less people on welfare.

The price of birth control has nothing to do with the number of dead beat parents. Birth control is very cheap even if Sandra Fluke who is very well off financially claims she cannot afford it. Not to mention, the amount of welfare you receive is tied to the number of dependents, so in effect we are paying them to have children. So for the people that are earning a living off of welfare, they would not be willing to use the birth control even if it was free.

I wouldn't mind making cheap forms of birth control available in housing projects and perhaps even certain federal offices. But I agree with Trojan; they probably wouldn't be used as often as I would like, and I think the birth rate would probably only fall incrementally.

If we really want to stop the propagation of people on welfare, tell them we'll only pay for the kids they have when they enter the welfare rolls. If they have more children, we'll provide Medicaid, but no new food stamps and no extra cash. You don't get a raise when you have kids, so why should someone on welfare?

Birth control is free! Abstinence costs nothing! It is not the governments role to provide free birth control, healthcare, housing, welfare or Obama phones, but now I've gone WAY off subject. Individuls must be responsible for themselves, or suffer the consequences their actions bring. Its a shame that that simple viewpoint is now thought of as radical.

It's not radical, it's just not realistic

Birth control is free! Abstinence costs nothing! It is not the governments role to provide free birth control, healthcare, housing, welfare or Obama phones, but now I've gone WAY off subject. Individuls must be responsible for themselves, or suffer the consequences their actions bring. Its a shame that that simple viewpoint is now thought of as radical.

Republicans complain endlessly about welfare programs and how it creates generation after generation of lazy asses who want to sit around and leach off taxpayers everyday.

For the republicans on this board, would you support free birth control for everyone?

Theoretically, easier access to birth control means less pregnancies for unfit mothers who'll most likely raise degenerates which leads to less people on welfare.

I could say something smart elic like I wish your mother would have had access to birth control but that would be unbecoming of me and down right rude!!  :D

Trailer trash redneck telling other people they should've used birth control. Good joke.

Do you have a secret camera watcing me?  LOL!!  Actually if you did you would find that nothing could be further from the truth! Even if we disagree about most things we need to to trade good natured jabs at each other to keep the conversation civil!!

The discussion was civil until you posted your idiotic reply. Typical republican on this board trying to derail discussions.

Silly me, I should've learned by now that only "OBAMA BAD, OBAMA SUCK" topics are allowed

Wow, your a prick, but I see most people do not need me to point that out to them as you do the best job of making them understand it!  I tried to make that a good natured joke but your sensitivity prevented you from taking it that way!!

Since this thread was not locked or any public warnings posted.......

I have to assume we were using this definition: B)  :unsure:

prick/prik/

verb
  1. make a small hole in (something) with a sharp point; pierce slightly.
  2. (especially of a horse or dog) make (the ears) stand erect when on the alert.
noun
  1. an act of piercing something with a fine, sharp point.