Feeling Nostalgic??

Great stuff right here. Can't believe no one has commented on any of these former players, this board must be awfull young.

I was wondering if the year 1984 was correct, but then I heard them mention Reggie Davis so I guess it is correct.  I did not realize that Edsel Ford and Hafford played with Davis and Tony Allen.  ???

Great stuff right here. Can't believe no one has commented on any of these former players, this board must be awfull young.

I agree. I know those players since I graduated about 2-3 years prior to these games. Ricky Price for Silsbee was one heck of a running back. LC-M's Homer Rhodes was a speedster.

Man, that's back when you could lay the wood and not get a flag.  I remember when Dayton was in the Jasper and Silsbee district mid to late 80's.  Remember being on the field and hearing those dogs barking across the line.  I better quit before I pull a hammy...

That was a very good district that year.  I totally forgot both Jasper and Silsbee were ranked in the top 5.  Then you had a Lincoln and LCM team which would have probably been in the playoffs in almost any other district that year.

Lincoln started the season off #1, lost to Silsbee at our homecoming. Silsbee was ranked as high as #3 that year. The  Silsbee/Jasper game was called "The Game of the Decade" by the Beaumont Enterprise. Jasper went undefeated in district, Lincoln had two losses (Silsbee, Jasper); Silsbee had two losses (Jasper, LCM); LCM had two losses (Jasper, Lincoln). These four teams stayed in the top 15 almost all year. Three teams made it in the top 5 (Jasper, Silsbee, Lincoln). Only three teams made the playoff. There was a three way tie for second and by a point system Silsbee missed the playoff by one point.  

When a school closes i have wondered what happens too records , trophies, pictures and films ? Port arthur produced a lot of great teams and players from patj , sfa and lincoln sad that it seems like all that history got misplaced or thrown away . El guapo you may have to track down former players or coaches to get film . Maybe you may have too go to the schools they played in the district and see if they have film .