Bum Phillips Bowl/Mid County Madness

I can assure you that PNG will never play PAM as long as BF is head coach. The issue was a couple of years ago where the PNG JV smoked their JV by like 40, then they played again a few weeks later and PAM brought a bunch of players down from Varsity to put it on the Indians and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they do not even scrimmage anymore. So it's not that they are scared or wouldn't play them, it's the way PAM head coach handled that situation. It's ashame they can't play with the talent both have, but you just don't do that just to show them up.

It's strange. I know several PN-G and Memorial fans personally and are reliable contacts for years and have not once heard this.

I will bring it up but there also is a lot of people not confused a bit. Honestly, and I am not saying this because I work here, I understand the two different names of the trophy and the MCM part.

Up until 1997 or 98 or 99, this game was only known as Nederland vs. Port Neches-Groves. The Mid County Madness added some flare and I love it. The same will be said about the trophy. It is only done to enhance Mid County Madness.

I agree the game should continue to be known as Mid-County Madness with the winner getting the Bum Phillips Trophy.  I love the idea of the trophy in Coach Philips name to keep his legacy alive in these two great communities for years to come, but the game is MID COUNTY MADNESS and always will be. See MCM is not just about football. It transcends all extra curricular activities between these two schools.

Total respect for Bum Phillips, but like "Mid County Madness."

I agree, that is the point I was trying to make.  I never got to meet Bum, but I wished I had made the trip back to MC when he was here the last time.  My family and his have history, but I haven't met Wade and didn't get to meet Bum unfortunately. 

never heard about that lol. I can only take your word for it. I remember going watch a  scrimmage between PNG and Dayton in 99. A brawl broke out when Daytons offensive line singled out Chris Golke and kept dog piling him after every play, it was quite amusing to myself and my buddy who made the trip to Dayton to watch the scrimmage. I think that was the last time we have scrimmaged them.