Bum Phillips Bowl/Mid County Madness

Am I the only one who HATES the name "Bum Phillips Bowl"? 

Why....bowl?

Did we somehow qualify to play in a bowl?

Why not Mid-County Madness?

Can we just award the winner the trophy?

PLEASE, Port Arthur News, stop calling this game the "Bum Phillips Bowl" ... It's Madness!!!!

Every time that someone has tried to introduce a trophy for MCM it has failed.  Its not about the trophy and never has been , it's always been about braggin' rights!

I don't care what they call it.
All I know it needs to happen every year, not to mention bring PAM back. No since having a team 5 mins away that has been on our schedule from years past. They are too talented not to play. Why schedule a team from Houston, spend time money and gas to travel when you can drive right down twin city hwy and be there in 5 mins or vice versa. SMH. Teams are all filled with talent just got to get the coaches to schedule each other. The  season is upon us gentlemen. I can not wait much longer!

Ok so i do work at PA News and dont think we could ever and certainly would never even try to rename the game. This is being done to enhance this rivqlry even more. The Bum Phillips Bowl Trophy will be presented to the winner of Mid County Madness. Thats it.
The trophy is an amazing item that ensures Bum will never be forgotten. Forty years from now players can see it and ask who he was and then learn of his accomplishments.
We are making sure this will always be done in a manner that upholds the tradition of MCM and be something Bum would be proud of. The News didnt do this without first asking both schools for permission and speaking to others close Bum. The top priority is to celebrate his life and do it in a game he always remained highly interested in.
And no i will not pick a winner yet

Gabe. P

I don't care what they call it.
All I know it needs to happen every year, not to mention bring PAM back. No since having a team 5 mins away that has been on our schedule from years past. They are too talented not to play. Why schedule a team from Houston, spend time money and gas to travel when you can drive right down twin city hwy and be there in 5 mins or vice versa. SMH. Teams are all filled with talent just got to get the coaches to schedule each other. The  season is upon us gentlemen. I can not wait much longer!

I can assure you that PNG will never play PAM as long as BF is head coach. The issue was a couple of years ago where the PNG JV smoked their JV by like 40, then they played again a few weeks later and PAM brought a bunch of players down from Varsity to put it on the Indians and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they do not even scrimmage anymore. So it's not that they are scared or wouldn't play them, it's the way PAM head coach handled that situation. It's ashame they can't play with the talent both have, but you just don't do that just to show them up.