Houston Texans

The Texans did pretty good all things considered. They exceeded my expectations. They are still a mediocre team with no quarterback and a weak OL and defensive secondary. Foster and Johnson are getting old and beat up and can't be counted on for a full season next year. On the plus side, there is JJ Watt! The big difference this year is coaching. O'Brien and Crennell have made HUGE difference! They almost made the playoffs with the same team Kubiak had. Lets see what happens with the off-season and draft. If the Cowboys can improve after three 8-8 seasons, there is hope for the Texans.

The Texans did pretty good all things considered. They exceeded my expectations. They are still a mediocre team with no quarterback and a weak OL and defensive secondary. Foster and Johnson are getting old and beat up and can't be counted on for a full season next year. On the plus side, there is JJ Watt! The big difference this year is coaching. O'Brien and Crennell have made HUGE difference! They almost made the playoffs with the same team Kubiak had. Lets see what happens with the off-season and draft. If the Cowboys can improve after three 8-8 seasons, there is hope for the Texans.

+1

I think the Texans have the right people in charge. Imagine if Clowney actually pans out. They were unlucky having the disaster the season they did. i think they are a piece or two away from being really good. Still hoping O'Brien was a home run hire. Few guys in professional sports impress me as a person the way he does.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think they will go get another QB, but not through the draft. Not a deep QB draft.

And who they gonna get? FA QB list is dismal. Matt Moore is probably best available and he's 33 next season.
Winston nor Marriotta will be available for Houston.
Texans starter for 2015 is most likely still on the roster today.

And who they gonna get? FA QB list is dismal. Matt Moore is probably best available and he's 33 next season.
Winston nor Marriotta will be available for Houston.
Texans starter for 2015 is most likely still on the roster today.

If Cleveland let Hoyer go I believe he'll be a good pick up other than that I think they should roll with Mallet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nick_Mathews: #Texans star Andre Johnson, the No. 3 pick in 2003 and No. 9 in NFL history in receptions, asks to be traded or cut. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/03/texans-star-andre-johnson-asks-to-be-traded-or-cut/

@McClain_on_NFL: Texans gave Andre Johnson permission to seek a trade. Told him he'd have a reduced role next season. He asked to be traded or cut instead.