Smitty, Stevenash, Lumraider - Why Do You Hate Our Country?

If the procedure you list is correct, wouldnt following it be the most appropriate thing to do?  I am not against spending funds to help circumstances such as you described above.  At the same time, there is a lot of "help" given to circumstances that are NOT as you described above.  I am also against expanding the number of social programs as there is overlap in the current programs and once again, since they are operated by the Federal Government, they are hardly models of efficiency and accountability as  the VA debacle CLEARLY documents.  Isn't it odd that some VA patients are going to be given vouchers to go elsewhere for treatment?  Very ironic that the govt will now pay the private sector to handle things it cant handle.  From my perspective, this country already provides a plethora of govt assistance and we ought to be seeking ways to reduce rather 

than increase.

You never addressed the question. As far as the VA is concerned, my uncle get timely visits. So with any non-perfect system, there are always problems to fix. There was a time in America when people spoke out against our system, they were told , "Love It or Leave It." My how yall have changed.

Very glad to hear your uncle gets timely visits Dove but it is beginning to appear that he might be an exception.  Obviously he is not one of those who died waiting for an appointment.  I would be willing to bet  your comment " So with any non-perfect system, there are always problems to fix" would not have been the same when the hurrican flooding hit New Orleans.  As for how times have changed, I agree,  But my viewpoint is that they have changed where society is encouraged to believe everyone is a victim and only the government can  make it right.

That is a simplified version of it, minus the drug testing of recipients of course. I am not against mandatory drug testing, but not for the reasons most of the uninformed masses are for it. If someone tests positive, there will be more required than to simply cut off their benefits. We will end up spending more money on that family than we would if there were not drugs involved. But the kids will get to eat, and the parent will either lose their kids and their benefits, or get the help they desperately need.

So, if you are for mandatory drug testing for anyone that receives taxpayer money, then one is an uninformed individual?  There should be NO stipulations and exceptions.   People in private industry are drug tested.   If you are on any form of welfare, you should be drug tested.  It is my understanding that when Florida went to drug testing for welfare, the welfare roles dropped tremendously.  Imagine that! 

doesn't matter what crime he commits or how bad this POTUS runs this country into the ground....he will always have those prideful supporters......true stupidity. 

hey dove since you support this POTUS can you please have the coaches take some of your son's hard earned playing time and spread it among the other role players.....   thats only fair......how bout equal time for all players every game.....i mean in the end does it really matter....

It is spread among other role players. Hard work pays off in the end.

So, if you are for mandatory drug testing for anyone that receives taxpayer money, then one is an uninformed individual? There should be NO stipulations and exceptions. People in private industry are drug tested. If you are on any form of welfare, you should be drug tested. It is my understanding that when Florida went to drug testing for welfare, the welfare roles dropped tremendously. Imagine that!

You really should slow down when you read. I'm not convinced you understand half of what you read. The response above to my post is evidence that you don't.

You really should slow down when you read. I'm not convinced you understand half of what you read. The response above to my post is evidence that you don't.

That is a some-what response to your post.  I just used it as a lead-in to a statement of facts.