District 12-3A D1 Predictions

Your right going to the playoffs doesn't earn anything but Kountze having the better team is what would beat Woodville! No one is saying because of what Kountze did last year will be why they do anything this year. If Kountze played y'all's non district schedule we would be 3-0 to.. But we are 0-3 and maybe we can get 4th😂

I wasn't being cocky... I'm just saying If Kountze is healthy Woodville isn't gonna beat them this year?

This is a culmination of a lot of things being said from multiple people, on multiple threads, at multiple times. Not specifically directed at you. You just happened to be one of the ones that commented before I posted it lol

Your right going to the playoffs doesn't earn anything but Kountze having the better team is what would beat Woodville! No one is saying because of what Kountze did last year will be why they do anything this year. If Kountze played y'all's non district schedule we would be 3-0 to.. But we are 0-3 and maybe we can get 4th😂

I understand why that would be your opinion. Kountze has a very good football team, like I said lol I'm not taking that away from them. And they may very well beat Woodville, maybe even by a lot. My point was that Woodville should not be considered a walkover against any team in this district. Lol

I understand why that would be your opinion. Kountze has a very good football team, like I said lol I'm not taking that away from them. And they may very well beat Woodville, maybe even by a lot. My point was that Woodville should not be considered a walkover against any team in this district. Lol

I don't think y'all are a walkover ..

Well, based on your statement, they are 3-0. Which is a one game improvement over last year. So, obviously, there's the improvement you're looking for right there.

And yes, beating Warren would be an improvement, since it didn't happen last year. Just like Kountze made an improvement last year by beating Woodville for the first time in 5 years. Just like Anahuac improved by beating Woodville for the first time in 2 years the year before that. Just like Warren has improved in each of the last two years, beating Woodville for the first and second times in 30+ years. I don't get where all this cockiness comes from out of Kountze. Lol I've gone out of my way to not make negative comments about Kountze. But you go to the playoffs ONCE AS A FOURTH PLACE TEAM in 40 years AND start off 0-3 and all of a sudden you're a powerhouse in this district? Lol what about in 2010 when we beat y'all by 40+? Or in 2011 when we beat y'all by 28? Or 2012 when we beat y'all's "favorited" team IN KOUNTZE by 2 in front of a couple thousand Kountze fans after the whole Christian sign thing went down? lol I'm not going to put down any of the kids from Kountze because I believe they are a good football team. And I believe they have just as much of a chance to make the playoffs as any other team in this district. But please, let's count how many times Woodville went to the playoffs duing your 40-year drought.
Respect is earned, especially in this district that some refer to as "the little SEC". And going to the playoffs once doesn't EARN enough respect to consider yourself an automatic win over opponents who have obviously EARNED much more respect on the field in the past. I realize Woodville is not in the same class of success as the Kirbyville's, Newton's, and Corrigan-Camden's of the world. But without a shadow of a doubt, I think Woodville has earned much more respect than to be considered a walkover team in any game in this district.

"the little SEC".. I like that...

WOW, I figure the board would blow up over me picking EC as #1. I guess you never know. LOL :D

EC's past 20 years of success has given you guys the right to make that claim...I would not be surprised at all if the Bucs take the crown...I think KV, EC and Buna battle it out for 1 thru 3 with everyone else fighting for the last spot..Good Luck to the Bucs except for Oct. 10th! :)

"the little SEC".. I like that...

Well it's the truth. Compare teams. Lol I'm gonna throw in a team that's been in this district the past few years too.

Newton---Alabama (perennial powerhouse)
Kountze---Texas A&M (great offense)
East Chambers---Auburn (amazing coaching staff)
Kirbyville---Georgia (fields great teams every year)
Buna---LSU (best power run game)
Woodville---South Carolina (fields a very good team every couple of years, always competitive)
Anahuac---Ole Miss (always talented, fields good teams often)
Hardin---Tennessee (always talented, can't always pull it together)
Warren---Kentucky (iffy talent, lots of heart and passion)

Probably not the explanation most were expecting. But look at it. Tell me I'm wrong lol 👌

Sorry, but since I have been labeled a Kountze hater, no way I can allow someone to compare Kountze to A&M. That's a great disservice to my Aggies. ;)

On the Kountze/Woodville game, I have seen both this year, this game will be close. Making statements like this "Look .. Kountze is 0-3.. But they aren't losing to Woodville or Hardin" is just not being smart. I believe Kountze to be the favorite in both those games, but favorites do lose games from time to time. Injuries are a part of the game, everyone deals with it at the lower levels. Kountze needs to have "next man up" mentality and not lament on who they lost to injuries.

Sorry, but since I have been labeled a Kountze hater, no way I can allow someone to compare Kountze to A&M. That's a great disservice to my Aggies. ;)

On the Kountze/Woodville game, I have seen both this year, this game will be close. Making statements like this "Look .. Kountze is 0-3.. But they aren't losing to Woodville or Hardin" is just not being smart. I believe Kountze to be the favorite in both those games, but favorites do lose games from time to time. Injuries are a part of the game, everyone deals with it at the lower levels. Kountze needs to have "next man up" mentality and not lament on who they lost to injuries.

Aggie... If last year Silsbee lost Patrick reed and.. Say Chris Elam to injury... I'm not comparing talent of them to to Arnold and Morgan but just what they mean to the team. If y'all lost to say.. HJ last year but reed and Elam didn't play to injury. What would be your comment after the game? Just curious ?

Lol but you get the concept behind my comparison of the two.

Aggie... If last year Silsbee lost Patrick reed and.. Say Chris Elam to injury... I'm not comparing talent of them to to Arnold and Morgan but just what they mean to the team. If y'all lost to say.. HJ last year but reed and Elam didn't play to injury. What would be your comment after the game? Just curious ?

We almost lost to HJ with Reed and Elam. ;)

Losing a game by less than a TD without a key player or two, one could say "what if?". Losing by 3 TD's or more (giving up 74 in one game, an average of 53 a game) like Kountze has, then there is way more than the "what ifs?".

I stated before the season that Kountze would be hurt because of lack of depth. Bottom line is that injuries happen and Kountze was never deep enough to handle any injuries, let alone key injuries.

Yes, in a perfect world (where no injuries happen) Kountze fields a good team, a playoff team. But we know that this is not a perfect world. How a team adapts and overcomes that lack of perfection separates the good from the bad.

Losing a game by less than a TD without a key player or two, one could say "what if?". Losing by 3 TD's or more (giving up 74 in one game, an average of 53 a game) like Kountze has, then there is way more than the "what ifs?".

I stated before the season that Kountze would be hurt because of lack of depth. Bottom line is that injuries happen and Kountze was never deep enough to handle any injuries, let alone key injuries.

Yes, in a perfect world (where no injuries happen) Kountze fields a good team, a playoff team. But we know that this is not a perfect world. How a team adapts and overcomes that lack of perfection separates the good from the bad.

Good reply

Your right AAW...we have suffered form the injury bug and suffered from lack of depth, but in some ways the injuries have force Kountze to turn to the kids on the sideline and say..."ya gotta go kid" and the best part about is those kids have grown and stepped up. I think we have actually created some depth due to the injuries. we found a QB, a couple of recievers and DB's...we found a couple of more guys on the line and a couple of LB's...not saying they are to the level of the eight starters that were missing but they are holding their own and give you a few more options and can take a bit of the two way presure away...Like I said before...Kountze will have to be a week by week team that is really hard to predict long term success because of the aforementioned issues. I am not getting down on my team but the reality...It is what it is...So I think from this point forward when discussing a Kountze win or loss...you have to include the disclaimer, LOL 

Guest HardinHornets

What I would love is for everyone in this district to do is write Hardin off. Let the role of spoiler began.

Let's go Hornets. Woodville, we are coming to hang out with you for 4 hours, this Friday.

All I will say is, many things unknown will become known after this Friday night. The bench mark will be set for the entire rest of the season.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

HH

Guest ECBucFan

Speaking of "writing off" teams, I noticed on pg. 33 of the Enterprise preview magazine the Woodville coach said: "Kirbyville, Kountze and Buna have legit chances to win the district". It was interesting to me who was not mentioned. Maybe some reevaluation will take place later in the season. ;)

What I would love is for everyone in this district to do is write Hardin off. Let the role of spoiler began.

Let's go Hornets. Woodville, we are coming to hang out with you for 4 hours, this Friday.

All I will say is, many things unknown will become known after this Friday night. The bench mark will be set for the entire rest of the season.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks
HH

some have already wrote kountze off who didn't lose by more than a touchdown to anyone last year. But that's none of my business

Hey man...when we win and play more than two games with less than 100 points put on our butts...we will get respect. Until then being picked to loose or to not make the playoffs is kinda par for the course...it does not matter who we played or injuries...3-0 and 2-1 and heck even 1-2 trump our existence. 98% perception and 2% reality!