Brenham vs George Ranch-Regional Final

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!! A.K.A. The home run machines!

Blake Wellmann (Jr) hit a HR last night as well. But the story of the night was Theodore Hoffman hit a BOMB to dead center field for what appeared to be a walk-off 2R HR, but a balk was called as the pitch was thrown!! After everyone calmed down from the excitement of the HR and then the shock of the call, runner awarded 2nd base, they put Thoedore on 1st after that and Brewton hits a walk-off single to win the game. Had that HR stood it would have been his 7th in the playoffs! The Cubs are playing good ball right now, but we have a very good George Ranch team to play this week. Should be a great series! GO CUBS!!! KKD

Blake Wellmann (Jr) hit a HR last night as well. But the story of the night was Theodore Hoffman hit a BOMB to dead center field for what appeared to be a walk-off 2R HR, but a balk was called as the pitch was thrown!! After everyone calmed down from the excitement of the HR and then the shock of the call, runner awarded 2nd base, they put Thoedore on 1st after that and Brewton hits a walk-off single to win the game. Had that HR stood it would have been his 7th in the playoffs! The Cubs are playing good ball right now, but we have a very good George Ranch team to play this week. Should be a great series! GO CUBS!!! KKD

Posted this on the other thread....why didn't the HR stick? Offensive coach has the choice of taking the balk or the result of the play.

George Ranch is in its 3rd year of varsity baseball(2nd year with a graduating class). I think a little respect should be shown. Brenham straight out coached GR in football and no doubt they have good baseball coaches but this isn't football. GR has some flat out talent and a great baseball coach who has already won state. they've won there way to this point, There are no coincidences in the playoffs. GR just like in football earned there spot to play in this game and to be ranked in the top 50 in the US as a 3rd year varsity squad is something you should re consider. GR all the way cause Brenham seems to have the big head in this game.

George Ranch is in its 3rd year of varsity baseball(2nd year with a graduating class). I think a little respect should be shown. Brenham straight out coached GR in football and no doubt they have good baseball coaches but this isn't football. GR has some flat out talent and a great baseball coach who has already won state. they've won there way to this point, There are no coincidences in the playoffs. GR just like in football earned there spot to play in this game and to be ranked in the top 50 in the US as a 3rd year varsity squad is something you should re consider. GR all the way cause Brenham seems to have the big head in this game.

Uhhhhh.......who is not respecting GR?? Haven't heard anyone doing that so don't play that card. If I'm not mistaken everyone has WON their way to this point and you are right this isn't football! GR didn't get out coached with a final score of 35-6, it was 21-0 in the first quarter!! They got beat by a better team plain and simple and anyone that watched will say the same. So please stop with the we don't get no respect crap. I think it says a lot about both of these programs that they are meeting at the same point in 2 different sports in the playoffs. Believe me that Brenham doesn't take anyone for granted, especially not someone of GR caliber(doesn't matter how many years they have been a program or not) I think it's going to be a great series and will be fun to watch! GO CUBS!! KKD!!

Uhhhhh.......who is not respecting GR?? Haven't heard anyone doing that so don't play that card. If I'm not mistaken everyone has WON their way to this point and you are right this isn't football! GR didn't get out coached with a final score of 35-6, it was 21-0 in the first quarter!! They got beat by a better team plain and simple and anyone that watched will say the same. So please stop with the we don't get no respect crap. I think it says a lot about both of these programs that they are meeting at the same point in 2 different sports in the playoffs. Believe me that Brenham doesn't take anyone for granted, especially not someone of GR caliber(doesn't matter how many years they have been a program or not) I think it's going to be a great series and will be fun to watch! GO CUBS!! KKD!!

no doubt but to have someone say goose creek shoulda won is a little disrespectful. Brenham is always good. I know and yes yall loaded the box on GRs running game(like no one else) and they hand nothing else. the coaching staff at Brenham is phenomenal and yes  35-6 looks like flat out out coached. Not saying the kids aren't better cause its a solid squad. Pure inexperience in the playoffs means everything. most kids at Brenham think its normal. People else where don't experience deep playoff runs. GR had 0 experience in both and meet yall in the 4th round in both. I clearly don't think youre a coach cause most coaches would understand the feat it is to even go this far in the playoffs in any sport. To go undefeated in district in footballand baseball. That doesn't just happen my friend. Although I cant stand the offensive scheme or lack there of at GR I respect them cause of the talent they beat. Having Foster and Angleton in youre district is no slouch either and to just come in and take over. Brenham has experience and experience alone can send you to the 2nd round at least and add talent and youre talking about state. BTW yall have a pretty good QB tossing the rock around. Not too many teams get people just transferring in.

no doubt but to have someone say goose creek shoulda won is a little disrespectful. Brenham is always good. I know and yes yall loaded the box on GRs running game(like no one else) and they hand nothing else. the coaching staff at Brenham is phenomenal and yes 35-6 looks like flat out out coached. Not saying the kids aren't better cause its a solid squad. Pure inexperience in the playoffs means everything. most kids at Brenham think its normal. People else where don't experience deep playoff runs. GR had 0 experience in both and meet yall in the 4th round in both. I clearly don't think youre a coach cause most coaches would understand the feat it is to even go this far in the playoffs in any sport. To go undefeated in district in footballand baseball. That doesn't just happen my friend. Although I cant stand the offensive scheme or lack there of at GR I respect them cause of the talent they beat. Having Foster and Angleton in youre district is no slouch either and to just come in and take over. Brenham has experience and experience alone can send you to the 2nd round at least and add talent and youre talking about state. BTW yall have a pretty good QB tossing the rock around. Not too many teams get people just transferring in.

I have nothing but respect for Brenham but GR might surprise you.

I just want to say that yes, I fully understand the incredible sports season y'all have had. While Brenham does have more experience and there are expectations, it is never taken for granted when we are able to make a deep playoff run. It is hard to do for any team, new or old! I keep up with all sports and saw the talent GR had in both football and baseball about mid-season because of the teams they were beating. I agree with many of your points except two..... 1. You think that GR doesn't get any respect because they are new, Brenham didn't get any respect in football and we were the first public school in Texas. We were picked to lose every week in the playoffs, INCLUDING against GR!! Some respect you because of what you do and some DON'T respect you because of what you DO, it is what it is, get over it IMO! 2. Brenham will not be surprised by GR at all. Brenham expects to play a VERY good baseball team tomorrow night in the Regional finals. Surprises happen when teams expect less than what they get, we expect to play a good baseball team. It is going to be a great series and I'm excited to watch. BTW thank you for the compliment on our QB, happen to know him really well and he's a great kid(also starts on the baseball team). GO CUBS!! KKD!!

I just want to say that yes, I fully understand the incredible sports season y'all have had. While Brenham does have more experience and there are expectations, it is never taken for granted when we are able to make a deep playoff run. It is hard to do for any team, new or old! I keep up with all sports and saw the talent GR had in both football and baseball about mid-season because of the teams they were beating. I agree with many of your points except two..... 1. You think that GR doesn't get any respect because they are new, Brenham didn't get any respect in football and we were the first public school in Texas. We were picked to lose every week in the playoffs, INCLUDING against GR!! Some respect you because of what you do and some DON'T respect you because of what you DO, it is what it is, get over it IMO! 2. Brenham will not be surprised by GR at all. Brenham expects to play a VERY good baseball team tomorrow night in the Regional finals. Surprises happen when teams expect less than what they get, we expect to play a good baseball team. It is going to be a great series and I'm excited to watch. BTW thank you for the compliment on our QB, happen to know him really well and he's a great kid(also starts on the baseball team). GO CUBS!! KKD!!

appreciate that and itl will be a solid series if it doesn't get rained out. If Skeeters stadium is bad maybe they can pull off Minute Maid