Brenham vs Friendswood

Anyone know anything about Friendswood? Know they have to be good to be this far, but what's their strengths?

I'd describe our team as scrappy.  We we got off to a slow start in a tough district, but then came on at just the right time.

We have two really solid starters (not necessarily blowing people away), situational hitting, pretty good team speed, and solid fielding in both infield and out.  Bullpen has a lot of variety, but again not likely to blow people away. Its kind of been a different hero every game with some unexpected guys stepping up and getting it done in clutch situations.

The team was highly motivated to beat Santa Fe.  The games were heated in the stands and on the field.  No blows exchanged, but a lot of words and bad intentions. So, we might have played a little above our normal levels.

How about Brenham?

I'd describe our team as scrappy.  We we got off to a slow start in a tough district, but then came on at just the right time.

We have two really solid starters (not necessarily blowing people away), situational hitting, pretty good team speed, and solid fielding in both infield and out.  Bullpen has a lot of variety, but again not likely to blow people away. Its kind of been a different hero every game with some unexpected guys stepping up and getting it done in clutch situations.

The team was highly motivated to beat Santa Fe.  The games were heated in the stands and on the field.  No blows exchanged, but a lot of words and bad intentions. So, we might have played a little above our normal levels.

How about Brenham?

I know it will come across probably the wrong way, but Brenham is Brenham. Solid in every position, deep pitching-finesse and power, 1-9 can hit with kids sitting that would start on other teams. Lots of speed and power to drive in runs. Heard it was heated with Santa Fe, but that's to be expected when district foes meet in the playoffs. Would have been same way if Brenham would have faced Mag West instead of KPark. At the end of the day, stats mean squat at this point cause it's win or go home. Looks like it will be a good series. GO CUBS!! KKD

I know it will come across probably the wrong way, but Brenham is Brenham. Solid in every position, deep pitching-finesse and power, 1-9 can hit with kids sitting that would start on other teams. Lots of speed and power to drive in runs. Heard it was heated with Santa Fe, but that's to be expected when district foes meet in the playoffs. Would have been same way if Brenham would have faced Mag West instead of KPark. At the end of the day, stats mean squat at this point cause it's win or go home. Looks like it will be a good series. GO CUBS!! KKD

It comes across as confidant and with Brenham's history you have every reason to be.

I'd say without much hesitation that I expect Brenham to be more talented top to bottom.  We've had some magic of late and its hard to say if we underperformed early in the season, are over performing now, or have just gotten to the level we should have been at all year.

I hope its a great series.

Go Stangs.

I'll say this for our two districts, each of us had 3 teams reach the third round of the playoffs. That says a lot about the quality of the teams in our districts. We split two early games with Santa Fe by similar scores as y'all had with them. This is the equivalent of football playing games into December. Everybody is good at this point. Btw it's refreshing to have a mature discussion about two good teams.

This is the equivalent of football playing games into December. Everybody is good at this point. Btw it's refreshing to have a mature discussion about two good teams.

Agree on all counts. Its possible to love your team and the kids who play for your team with out hating the opponent (though truthfully, its alot harder for me to remember that when we are playing Santa Fe).

I have been a bit surprised by our success this year and I cant say I'm sure what we will look like come Thursday. But we have been solid on the mound and in the field and hit just enough in the playoffs.  I hope that holds, but I know Brenham will be ready to go hard and will make the most of any mistakes we make.

Great game Cubs! Little drama bottom of 8th, Hoffman hit a shot over dead center for what appeared to be a walk off.....but 3rd base umpire called a BALK! Hoffman then intentionally put on with Bruton coming to bat, Bruton then got his first hit of the night with a line drive over right fielders head to drive in winning run.

Great game Cubs! Little drama bottom of 8th, Hoffman hit a shot over dead center for what appeared to be a walk off.....but 3rd base umpire called a BALK! Hoffman then intentionally put on with Bruton coming to bat, Bruton then got his first hit of the night with a line drive over right fielders head to drive in winning run.

Why didn't the HR stick? Offensive coach has the choice of taking the balk or the result of the play.