Bridge City vs Huffman Quarter Finals GM 3

Final thoughts.

Sometimes we get caught up on message board chatter, if we didn't, no reason to have a board.

I see this series as high school baseball players from Huffman and Bridge City working their tails off for the major prize, Champions. Huffman won the series and gets a chance to move on.

No one mentions the great performances from both pitching staffs. Shugart (BC) throws a gem on short rest, Smith (Huffman) matches.

Gm 2 the Bumpas kid from Huffman throws a shutout, McFarland (BC) matches.

Gm 3. Harrison (Huffman) continues throwing shutout innings, (Watts) BC throws a heck of a game.

Just wanted to mention some of the kids who actually played the game.

Ok, us in the bleachers can carry on.

Was able to make games 2 and 3 of this series. Much respect for both quality programs. Both staffs pitched extremely well, especially the number 2,3, and 4 guys. You pretty much expect Smith and Shug to dominate, but all of the other arms were outstanding, as well. Huffman found ways to capitalize on a few key opportunities and BC didn't. Best of luck to the Falcons as they continue on and best of luck to the Cards in their baseball futures. Thanks for an entertaining series.

Also, gotta mention the Uzzle kid. Even in defeat, he plays the game the right way and is a class act.

Great playoff series between 2 very evenly matched teams. I was very impressed with the pitching staff from Huffman, really like how they work quick. BC pitched well enough to win most games but just never got going offensively, hit a few balls really well but happened to be right at people. I guess that's why they say "Baseball is a beautiful cruel game", sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't. Tip of the cap to Huffman for finding ways to score when they were not hitting well either, found a way to make it happen. Good Luck next round.

To all the BC players, and especially the Seniors, it was a great ride watching you this season and I enjoyed every minute. Proud of the entire program.

Rake1

They made it "to the Quartfinals".

Pretty clear statement to me.

Congratulations to Huffman for making it to the Semifinals.

The quaterfinals of what? I thought the quarterfinals preceded the semi-finals? The quarterfinals are still a game away otherwise known as a regional final.

No it's bidistrict then area then quarters then semi's then finals

Got it, "regional quarterfinal". The real quarterfinal is the regional championship which is two more moves up the brackets.

Huffman just advanced to the Regional Semifinals. The Bridge City vs Huffman series were the Regional Quarterfinals

Not sure why this is hard to understand. If you need a full breakdown of the bracket and what the rounds are called please look at:

http://www.uiltexas.org/baseball/playoff-brackets/3A/1-3

Not hard to understand when "regional" is placed in front of "quarterfinal" . There is a difference between "quarterfinal" and "regional quarterfinal".

If you look at the link you will see Regional Quarterfinals Regional Semifinals, Regional Finals, State Qualifiers, 3A Semifinals, 3A Championship

I don't see another round called "Quarterfinals"

http://www.uiltexas.org/baseball/playoff-brackets/3A/1-3
http://www.uiltexas.org/baseball/state

Do you see a round called a "second" round or "third" round? I bet you would agree that there is a "second" or "third" round. FYI,

Quarterfinal is a generic term.

"Quarterfinal" 

quar·ter·fi·nal
ˈkwôrtÉ™rËŒfÄ«nl/  
noun
noun: quarter-final
  1. a match or round of a tournament that precedes the semifinal.

I would just like to tell the Senior class at BC thanks for four wonderful years. You guys played some great baseball, made your community proud and made some good memories. BC has a great baseball tradition and y'all just kept it going. Hopefully y'all left an impression on how to go about your business and be able to pass it on to the up and coming players. This class was able to accomplish a lot of achievements. It always felt like y'all were more than just teammates but y'all were buddies. Baseball is a great game because all the memories you make and the buddies that are buddies for life. All of the Seniors have a bright future ahead of them.Best wishes to you all!

I personally will miss watching some of my favorite kids play baseball. Calling or texting with Rake 1 to talk about the upcoming game or what the plans were for before/after the game. I coached a lot of these kids and will say they are just as good of kids as they are baseball players. An end to a great chapter of my life.